• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sept 20-27, 2008 WILD Dolphin & SINGLES AT SEA WEEK Bahamas Expedition

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#406 LaurenFromSoCal

LaurenFromSoCal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:+150

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

If you have NOT faxed your EV application to the boat you need to do so immediately. The fax number is on the form and they HAVE to have it in order to process you onto the vessel.

So far the boat still needs docs from the following people:

1. Dave aka BigO
2. Holly aka A_Fl_Mermaid
3. Charles aka Houston Squid
4. Bob aka Fordan
5. Lauren aka LaurenSoCal
6. Russell aka BottomDweller

I faxed it yesterday but didn't hear from them. I'll fax it again today. Lauren.

Edited by LaurenFromSoCal, 16 September 2008 - 12:49 PM.

#407 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

For anyone from South Florida that might consider booking this trip last minute...

I just found a Spirit Air flight out of Lauderdale to Freeport... arriving Friday... leaving Sunday

Flight Itinerary
Date Flight Time Seat Type Approx. Miles
09/18/2008 NK276 Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) to Freeport, Grand Bahama (FPO) 1:40 PM-2:33 PM BIG FRONT SEAT™ 96

09/28/2008 NK277 Freeport, Grand Bahama (FPO) to Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 3:23 PM-4:15 PM --- 96

Approx. $153 which includes the $30 departure tax

:thankyou: Join us!!

P.S. I know some think Spirit is a nightmare, but I fly them often without issue from Fort Lauderdale...
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#408 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Noooo, I predict that Mother Nature is just getting this all out of her system now so we can have sunshine, flat seas and good vis!!!
My glass is ALWAYS half full! :lmao:

Now Babs... I happen to know from firsthand observation that when it comes to Rum Punch your glass does NOT stay half full for long!!!! :P :lmao: :lmao:

Mine either for that matter!!! :teeth: :o

No, we're a couple of :cool1: :angel2: !!!

Wish you were coming along with us Cindi!

I wish I could join you. This shaping up to be such a great trip! :cool1: But unfortunately even a "dive sugar daddy" :P couldn't help me with this one since I cannot get the time off from the new job. :tears: I hope you will toast with some rum punch for me! :teeth:

It just won't be the same without the Goddess close behind in the Dinghy!!!! Are you sure you can't join us last minute!!?!!

I will buy my lottery ticket tomorrow night!! :teeth: :P But if that doesn't pan out I'm afraid I just won't be able to make this trip work! :tears: I wish I could.....you all are going to have a blast! :thankyou: :dance: I hate to miss a good party...even if it is from the vantage point of my dinghy! :lmao:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#409 Ariel

Ariel

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Logged Dives:25-30

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

How should I deal with my flashlight? I am confusing myself reading the TSA and airline literatures.

What have you done in the past? Shall I pack my flashlight in my check or carry on?

Shall I keep the batteries in the unit?

If I have it right, I keep my dive knife in my check luggage. I've read to keep my batteries in the flashlight unit and carry on. However, to me your experience is important to hear.

Cheers and thanks for your time.

#410 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:58 AM

How should I deal with my flashlight? I am confusing myself reading the TSA and airline literatures.

What have you done in the past? Shall I pack my flashlight in my check or carry on?

If I have it right, I keep my dive knife in my check luggage. I've read to keep my batteries in the flashlight unit and carry on. However, to me your experience is important to hear.

Assuming a dive light that uses C or similar batteries and not rechargable, I usually pack it in my checked luggage. The important thing is to make sure the light can't turn on and heat up while in your bag, so either keep the batteries out of the light or use the cardboard that comes with some lights to block the batteries from touching the terminals. At least, this is what I've done in the past. I have better uses for carryon space than batteries. :thankyou:

And Dive knife definitely needs to be checked.

#411 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:02 AM

Assuming a dive light that uses C or similar batteries and not rechargable, I usually pack it in my checked luggage. The important thing is to make sure the light can't turn on and heat up while in your bag, so either keep the batteries out of the light or use the cardboard that comes with some lights to block the batteries from touching the terminals. At least, this is what I've done in the past. I have better uses for carryon space than batteries. :thankyou:

And Dive knife definitely needs to be checked.

I'd add to that... be sure not to tightly close your dive light. You'll have a really tough time getting it unscrewed after the flight.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#412 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

If you have NOT faxed your EV application to the boat you need to do so immediately. The fax number is on the form and they HAVE to have it in order to process you onto the vessel.

So far the boat still needs docs from the following people:

1. Dave aka BigO
2. Holly aka A_Fl_Mermaid
3. Charles aka Houston Squid
4. Bob aka Fordan
5. Lauren aka LaurenSoCal
6. Russell aka BottomDweller

I faxed it yesterday but didn't hear from them. I'll fax it again today. Lauren.

They've got it now! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#413 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:37 AM

I travel w/ all lights in carry-on with out batteries installed. I also buy a brick of AA size (for all my lights) and put thur x-ray machine bin along with my gels and eyeglass, computer and metal parts as I travel thur magnometer machine or sniffer. Never had 1 inquire from TSA when I use this method. Some old x-rays can"T shift there view and some time AA batteries may look like ammunition. I have more problems trying to get food products thur TSA!!!
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#414 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

Holly pls add your arrival and departure info to your form and fax that or email it to usasales@explorerventures.com referencing the trip dates, your name and the SingleDivers.com charter.

Thank you! kamala

I don't have the form with me at work today, but will try to remember tomorrow!

#415 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

Holly pls add your arrival and departure info to your form and fax that or email it to usasales@explorerventures.com referencing the trip dates, your name and the SingleDivers.com charter.

Thank you! kamala

I don't have the form with me at work today, but will try to remember tomorrow!

:lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#416 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

It's Official -- I am saying, "Screw You," to Hurricane Ike and will join you guys after all.

Squid has Tentacles for everyone.
Signature under construction :)

#417 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

It's Official -- I am saying, "Screw You," to Hurricane Ike and will join you guys after all.

Good news! Looking forward to meeting you!

#418 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

Whoo Hoo!!!!! Great News!!

Will we see you Friday for HH? Let us know if you need a ride.

Right now Capt Morgan and I are riding with Deb, but I can take my vehicle too if need be.

#419 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Good for you!! :welcome: Have you been in contact with Wreckwench or Scubapunk for last minute details? Let me know if I can help with anything. Hope you have a FABULOUS trip!!! I know you will. :-D
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#420 Big O

Big O

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hey Guys, I'm flyin' in on the US Airways 1045 from Charlotte to Freeport arriving at 1:36 PM in case anyone wants to grab a cab with me.... or meet me in Charlotte before hand, I get in to Charlotte at 8:39 am. Maybe the bars are open then? :-D Here's my cell, "...I'm not proud, or tired" Arlo Guthrie 407-492-9491

Hey Amigo, Im on the same flight 1045 INTO Charlotte, and then back out. Ill be happy to share a cab to the boat from there. Look for the dude on the plane wearing a single divers t shirt, scubadiving mag hat and a DAN backpack.

Ill buy the first beer in FPO.

Dave
UH-HUH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users