• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Lady divers

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#91 wrinkles

wrinkles

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:57 AM

:wakawaka:
My point exactly Walter

#92 blue angel

blue angel

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:37+

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

I agree, Ana, but I find once I start becoming more familiar with the contents, the packaging becomes either more or less attractive.

I would like to intervene here if I may :flower:
I think most of us would like to say packaging is not our top priority.
Packaging is pretty, but not always smart nor good at conversation, nor good company and in some cases down right boring.
Before your hair stands straight up listen :flower:
What about, how one carrys oneself ?
I have seen people that would not be consider attactive at all.
But has such chrisma you are draw to them, such a personality you find their company a joy. Their eyes sparkel with life. You know they have it all together.
Sorry divers, but I will take that man any day.
And yes, I am blonde too :marvel:
The past is history
The future is a mystery
The present is a gift
So enjoy it !!

#93 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:09 AM

Julia,

I've had relationships with women with a wide range of "package appeal." The attractive package will catch my eye, but it won't hold my attention. Some of my most satisfying relationships have been with women who objectively might not have been the most beautiful, but became so to me as I got to know them and saw more than the camera can capture. Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, it's in the heart.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#94 sea nmf

sea nmf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level: Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 500 - I stopped counting

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:04 PM

sea nmf- I don't think it is entirely a matter of socialization that forms our preferences in terms of physical appearance. I think there is a fair bit of biology and survival value tied in. In a man, strong muscles might suggerst an ability to provide for the woman and offspring. In woman, a well formed derriere might indiate ability to bear children and beautifully formed bosoms might suggest ability to nurse the offspring successfully.

Of course there are also cultural/social aspects. In some cultures different physical features are preferred. I know what mine are- I just saw them in the form of a lovely woman snorkeler in the dive park today. She had the most awesome body I've seen in years. Of course she was with her BF so I've consoled myself by saying that she undoubtedly had the IQ of a boll weevil. Sigh.

Doc

I understand the biological theory. I just think in today's culture, Madison Avenue is more powerful.

It has been my observation (no scientific studies done on my part) that most men evaluate a woman (and to a lesser extent, women evaluate men) first on the basis of packaging, not whether or not they will be good breeders.

In fact, when the subject of breeding comes up, many of today's men (and women) will run away screaming. NOTE: Again, this is just my observation and cannot be scientifically proven. Also, just a generalizion. It is not meant to apply to everyone, just the majority (that is over 50%). BIG SMILE.

I also agree that once the package is opened, so to speak, the contents determine whether or not the product is worth keeping. Since the subject matter in this thread is "looking sexy", it is indeed the package we are talking about!

#95 blue angel

blue angel

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:37+

Posted 26 July 2004 - 03:49 PM

Julia,

I've had relationships with women with a wide range of "package appeal."  The attractive package will catch my eye, but it won't hold my attention.  Some of my most satisfying relationships have been with women who objectively might not have been the most beautiful, but became so to me as I got to know them and saw more than the camera can capture.  Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, it's in the heart.

You are 100% right Walter.
And you are a true Gentleman.
:wub: and I am singing your praises!!
The past is history
The future is a mystery
The present is a gift
So enjoy it !!

#96 Bellarosi

Bellarosi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox/AOW
  • Logged Dives:32

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:02 PM

Great article, although I guess I fit into the category of "not caring." With long, curly hair, the "medusa effect" created by a day in the ocean probably spoils my hopes for sexiness, but who cares! In fact, I use my untaimed hair at the end of the day as an advantage... I don't have to worry about any of the guys on the boat trying to pick me up after the dive. I just sit back and enjoy the post-dive relaxation :-D

#97 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:23 AM

Great article, although I guess I fit into the category of "not caring." With long, curly hair, the "medusa effect" created by a day in the ocean probably spoils my hopes for sexiness, but who cares! In fact, I use my untaimed hair at the end of the day as an advantage... I don't have to worry about any of the guys on the boat trying to pick me up after the dive. I just sit back and enjoy the post-dive relaxation :teeth:

Aw...men love medusa!! But then you could always post a picture..wet and dry and let this bunch of experts tell you!! LOL!!! But I guess that depends on how brave you are??? LOL!!! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#98 Bellarosi

Bellarosi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:45 AM

Just added my picture this morning! Had to return to my office computer to download the snapshot, but now I am there in the profile, in all my glory!

#99 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:48 AM

Just added my picture this morning! Had to return to my office computer to download the snapshot, but now I am there in the profile, in all my glory!

and WOW! what a cutie!! :D
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#100 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:49 AM

:D thumbs up here. Would love to see the Meduas effect.

#101 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:27 AM

Aw...should have known she was a 'redhead'!!! That explains the "I don't care attitude". But I can assure you that the guys on THIS site will certainly notice you...and the guys on our TRIPS will certainly CARE!!! And its all good!! :2cool:

Welcome aboard again...and I sure hope to see you on a trip soon to prove my theory right!!! LOL!!! :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#102 Bellarosi

Bellarosi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:25 AM

Thanks, but medusa look really is quite scary....you haven't seen the fish swimming away en mass when they see me swimming through the water :2cool: I guess it is my personal shark repellant, though! I too look forward to catching a dive with some people from the board. And yes, the "don't care" attitude is quite fitting....I am single and loving it!!

#103 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:53 AM

Red hair seems fitting, She looks like she has a Devilish sense of humor. She should fit right in here well!!!!!!!!! :2cool:

Edited by ddierolf, 27 July 2004 - 10:55 AM.

Which end is up?

#104 Bellarosi

Bellarosi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:30 AM

Whoa, scary that you know about my devilish side...I suppose the picture gives it away. I feel the one-word, five-lettered Meredith Brooks song describes me best, but I think there are many women who could say that. ;)

#105 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:40 AM

but I think there are many women who could say that. ;)

I know a few of them! ;)

Which end is up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users