• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What is your DREAM dive trip?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

cuba, norway, truk lagoon, south pole, prohibited waters of greece, dead sea, mexico caves, crater lake oregon...

Edited by jeff, 04 March 2008 - 07:50 PM.

jeff aka nice-diver

#17 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor--I mostly dive where I live and work--SE Asia.
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

The top of my "wanna dive" destination list is currently:

RAJA AMPAT, INDONESIA

on a liveaboard.
Come dive with me in Thailand!

#18 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

The top of my "wanna dive" destination list is currently:

RAJA AMPAT, INDONESIA

on a liveaboard.

I would love to come visit, but have wakatobi scheduled right now...

#19 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:22 AM

Jeff - I almost got to dive those prohibited waters of Greece. I was working out of Athens, training their military and law enforcement security forces prior to the 2004 Olympics and spent a lot of time with their Coast Guard. Became friends with a few high ranking 'divers' and they said they'd take me to some of the off limits spots to see the ruins and antiquities still underwater - on my next trip out. (I was in Greece for 3 weeks at a time) - turns out that was my last trip so missed my chance! :birthday:

And Quero - I read about Raja Ampat, very cool :birthday: it's on my dream list too! Any plans to go?

I swear if I didn't have my dive dreams to sustain me, sometimes I couldn't make it through the work week! :birthday:
I just want to be underwater!

#20 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

cuba, norway, truk lagoon, south pole, prohibited waters of greece, dead sea, mexico caves, crater lake oregon...

err - the salinity at the Dead Sea is the 2nd highest on earth and nothing lives there (all in the name :birthday: )...My avtar was taken at the dead sea - a fab place but I think you mean the Red sea - just down the road... which is wonderful.

My dream destinations are many, but I want to visit as many Indian Ocean locations whilst living in the Middle East. maldives, Mozambique, southern red Sea (Dijubuti). Also futher East - Sipadem is high up there too. Bit like Crater Lake ;-)
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

...My avtar was taken at the dead sea - a fab place but I think you mean the Red sea - just down the road... which is wonderful.

And isn't that why you are covered in mud....from the Dead Sea?

Speaking of which...its time for a non-Dead Sea look! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#22 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

Ah cleaning things up on the site madam moderator.... OK - updated - with the view I wake up to every morning. Pity there is nothing to see underwater :-(
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

Oops, if Wenchie is getting onto us about avatars I need to update my green one...

Put me down for Raja Ampat as well. I'll just get my supermodel girlfriend to fly us down on her private jet.

Mental note: Get supermodel girlfriend...

WeeScot - Thats a bonnie wee bonnet ye wearin...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#24 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor--I mostly dive where I live and work--SE Asia.
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

err - the salinity at the Dead Sea is the 2nd highest on earth and nothing lives there (all in the name :cool1: )...My avtar was taken at the dead sea - a fab place but I think you mean the Red sea - just down the road... which is wonderful.

My dream destinations are many, but I want to visit as many Indian Ocean locations whilst living in the Middle East. maldives, Mozambique, southern red Sea (Dijubuti). Also futher East - Sipadem is high up there too. Bit like Crater Lake ;-)

little scotty, if your travels bring you to Thailand, do give me a shout! Also, I think you mean Sipadan, off the coast of Borneo in East Malaysia (just the difference of two little letters, but...) You will love it, both here in Thailand and there off Borneo!
Come dive with me in Thailand!

#25 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

I have Galapagos and Hawaii on my list. The SD Galapagos triop just came too soon after the Australia trip for me.

Having lived in Oregon, I'd only want to do Crater lake in a dry Suit if I had sherpas to lug the gear up and back. A good labor day dive! It is one of the more beautiful places to visit in this country though.

Edited by georoc01, 06 March 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#26 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

We were going to do crater lake last year but ran out of time. I am working on the sherpa aspect of the dive though. (no carts allowed for the one mile walk each way)

dead sea-red sea...I just want to dive where jesus walked
jeff aka nice-diver

#27 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

We were going to do crater lake last year but ran out of time. I am working on the sherpa aspect of the dive though. (no carts allowed for the one mile walk each way)

dead sea-red sea...I just want to dive where jesus walked

True that! I'll go, I'll go!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#28 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

I have always wanted to dive truk lagoon...
so my dream vacation would be a live-aboard in that area that would have a very relaxed boat-n capt that would want to do some exploring. I hope I can do a trip like this before all the ships in that area turn into rust piles or I get to old to dive safely...

well thats my dreamy place :wavey:

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#29 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

...boy, strangely, as much as I love diving ( I think I have enough gear to equip a small country! :cool1: ) I really don't have a 'dream' dive location...I'm not sure why? A lot of the classic hot spots are moving targets...I mean, it's simple if you're a mountain climber, Mount Everest is obviously # 1, and that will never change...but diving locations rise and fall over time...for example, I understand many of the gold standard wreck spots (Truk/Bikini) have declined over the years with the ships dissolving away and melting into slag heaps, and aren't what they once were......other hot spots have deteriorated/declined due to over fishing/global warming (the Maldives and Palau, among others) suffered severe coral-bleaching episodes a few years ago and aren't what they once were....other places that would otherwise be good dive spots are being negatively impacted by over-development ( Turks & Caicos comes to mind ) Moreover, the decline of the US dollar has greatly increased the price to Americans of so many other decent candidates...additionally, picking a great dive location is meaningless if the liveaboard/dive op/etc. you've chosen sucks! I think at this point, I don't approach diving with a laundry list / top 10 list mentality...I'm happy to 'score' any reasonably priced/reasonably decent reef life trip with good weather and a low level of travel hassles, that doesn't cost an extra $ 1500- $ 2000 in additional airfare too!

Karl

Edited by scubafanatic, 22 March 2008 - 04:10 PM.

#30 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Well I'm with you there Scubafanatic - I go wherever I can afford to be underwater as often as possible.

But really a girls gotta dream! Why else do I get all those dive mags and have so many locations bookmarked on my computer? :cool1:
I just want to be underwater!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users