• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Is anyone else creeped out by all the tracking the new site does?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

ewwwwwwwwwwwww Spandex
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#92 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

ewwwwwwwwwwwww Spandex

Yes, ewwwwwww.... Now there is the good reason to publish where Ray has been on the site! :thankyou:
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#93 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

I am still amassing all the comments on this thread, but I have to say that overwhelming I am surprised by a few of the negative comments I have read. Constructive comments are good, the others? Well in my blunt opinion, those stink. Although I am a Moderator, I am not personally involved in the upkeep, maintenance, or upgrades to the site but I do know all if it takes some cha-ching but most of all quite a lot of time and effort from many of those who do so on a volunteer basis. Why do they even do it? Because they like the concept of this site and most of community that has formed here.

I don't care if I now know who has viewed my profile because I don't care who has viewed my profile. Obviously if I put information in my online profile, I did so knowing full well people might read it - oh my goodness people read it??? Seriously? :thankyou: I don't care if you can see what threads I read because they interested me or a snapshot of my most recent posts. I wouldn't post something if I didn't want it read. So what if you see what threads interest me? Who knows maybe they'll prompt you to read them too, especially the threads about protecting our earth or learning about ways to become a better diver? Oh say it isn't so! I don't care if you add me as a friend or if you leave me a comment. If you take the time, then thank you.

But if YOU care, there are ways to limit some of that info as noted below (and maybe this is posted somewhere above, like I said I couldn't get through this whole thread).

Don't want to have a list of who visited your profile?

View your profile. Select from the tabs in the center of the screen (Topics|Posts|Gallery|Comments|Friends|Settings) and select Settings. Change your Sidebar Last Visitors setting to ZERO.

Don't want comments?

Select from the tabs in the center of the screen (Topics|Posts|Gallery|Comments|Friends|Settings) and select Settings. Change your Sidebar Comments setting to ZERO. In the same tab also change the Comments setting in Moderation Options to Enabled, then just never approve any comments.

Don't want Friends?

Select from the tabs in the center of the screen (Topics|Posts|Gallery|Comments|Friends|Settings) and select Settings. Change your Sidebar Friends setting to ZERO. Also never add anyone as a Friend.

Don't want to be added as a friend by someone else?

Select from the tabs in the center of the screen (Topics|Posts|Gallery|Comments|Friends|Settings) and select Settings. In the same tab also change the New Friends setting in Moderation Options to Enabled, then just never approve anyone to add you as a friend.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. Send me a PM - oh no wait, maybe I don't want one. Did you know you can shut that off too? :thankyou:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#94 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

:thankyou: Good job Dive Girl!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#95 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

:wakawaka: Good job Dive Girl!!!

Our mods are the BEST!!! :thankyou:

And so are our admins and all our support staff! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#96 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

Thank you Dive_Girl for saying what I could not have said better. :thankyou:

Keep in mind that our new features do not make anymore personal information public than it was before. The added features, as pointed out, can be turned off. Furthermore, since many of you are already on Classmates, Linked In, MySpace and Facebook already, you will find that many of these features are the same or less intrusive than the standard features on these other sites.

Personally, I like getting to know people on this board which includes letting them know that I was interested enough in who they are to check out their profiles and to know that others are interested enough in me to check out mine. In fact, please feel free to visit my profile. All the information I posted there was posted knowing it would be public. If you are feeling really social, you might even want to leave a comment :P

#97 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

hmmmm who is this cmt489 person? We seem to think alike. I want to know more, but how? How I wonder!? Dangit how!!?? :P If only there was a profile I could read? "FORK! ...me can't eat Soup....braaaaagh" Wait, there is! OMG she's not very far from me (not far in PNW terms that is That's how we PNW divers roll you see. We gravitate toward other cold water divers hours and hours away! :birthday:)! She's a diver! She like happy hours! She's about my age! She should be my friend! Oh wait, she already is.

:thankyou:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#98 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:45 PM

Sounds like this threat has hit its peak :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :P :thankyou:
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#99 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

I am slightly computer illiterate so if someone could tell me how to find who added me as friends so I can add them too that would be awesome!!! I looooove the new spell check feature and the formatting for posting looks easier to use. I like the new SD!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#100 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

We do friend add on another v-board (other than the big one, I think we have that there too?) where I post, and it's just a courtesy - nothing at all more. On myspace, it means you also see their bulletins and other private featurs, but not on v-boards. Still, I guess it's a nice gesture. I think I have ONE maybe. :thankyou: She's such a sweety...

Edited by DandyDon, 26 March 2008 - 05:57 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#101 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

I am slightly computer illiterate so if someone could tell me how to find who added me as friends so I can add them too that would be awesome!!! I looooove the new spell check feature and the formatting for posting looks easier to use. I like the new SD!!

Click "My Friends" right between "My Assistant" and "New Messages" linky above.
This should open a new window for you that will show your friends list.
You should see three 'tabs' across the top: "My Friends", "Friends Pending Approval" and "Mutual Friends"
Click on "Mutual Friends", then click on the drop down window to the right and select "Show who has added me"

This will give you a list of SD'ers that call you friend...friend...

:thankyou:

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#102 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Dive_Girl and cmt489
"Get a Room" :D
Beach Bunny.. I agree with You..
DD..I guess it counts as a post..
Tolly..Thanks for the Heads Up.. :teeth:

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#103 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

DD..I guess it counts as a post..

The suggestion [in my post] was [a general] "you leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone..."
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users