• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Really miss not having a man around..

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

Ladies!!!!! I found after extensive research that the best way to not miss having a man around is............to get yourself a couple of nice gay guys to hang out with!
:canuckdiver:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#62 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

Friday night I was so mad that the piggies were right in my yard. I went inside and got the handgun out... I missed, and the piggy and I had a staring contest until the third shot. The next day the young man came over and... he selected and shot, then tracked it through the brush. He came to my door and said "I think it was your neighbor's pig." Said neighbor arrived shortly after that and was mad at me for not calling him.

You know, Patty, I think there's a really good "You know you're a redneck if..." joke in here somewhere, just waiting to be told. :birthday:

>*< Fritz

Ooh Fritzman, You are fixing to get lumped into another category that is just not as fun. Just 'cause I live out in the middle of nowhere, have no cable, and have piggies, bobcats, fox, dear, and bear....does not mean I am in the "redneck" category. That would be said neighbor, Thank You :canuckdiver:

#63 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

Just thought I'd share a little of my first 4x4 desert driving experience with you - it was yesterday and great fun. as you can see, I am glad I didn't go for the X-terra - it was the first to get stuck (sorry Deb). Those from Bali/Wakatobi will recognise my dive buddy - also my desert drive buddy! Anyway, the Prado was a great sucess in the desert, with the others saying "you just glided along". I know, it was the driver :birthday: Thanks again for everyone's input in my choice.

Attached Thumbnails

• StuckTerrano.jpg
  • sheenasue2.jpg

Edited by weescot, 09 November 2008 - 08:52 AM.

Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#64 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hey Weescot, it looks like you were having a blast! Brought forth some memories for me of riding ATV's. It's always a great thing when you are the one that is flying through and not stuck!!

#65 RiverPearl

RiverPearl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:15-20

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

Ladies!!!!! I found after extensive research that the best way to not miss having a man around is............to get yourself a couple of nice gay guys to hang out with!
:D

All the advantages, can out at night with a man, have a good time, AND be able to go home with no "obligaiton feeling on either part" , without all the hassles....cetainly don't have to worry about whether they're "happy" or not !!!! not your worry..... double AMEN !!!!!

Edited by RiverPearl, 08 December 2008 - 08:35 PM.

On the thresehold of singledom

#66 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

Bo
o Hoo :P brake and transmission failure. Luckily I had an Arabic speaking man around to assit with the non- English speaking Police. Just my luck- I drive 2500km around UAE and Oman without a scratch, and do this in my parking lot. any tips on helping with backache?

Attached Thumbnails

• CarSmashCompress2.JPG
  • CarSmashcompress1.JPG

Edited by weescot, 17 December 2008 - 11:57 AM.

Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#67 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

Ouch, I hope your back isn't hurt too bad and will heal up quickly!

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#68 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

Oh No!!! Your beatiful new vehicle!! So sorry.... and even more so to hear that your hurting? Have you seen a Dr. yet?
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#69 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

That's so unfair!!! I hope you are feeling better. I was in a bus accident at one time and had such bad whip-lash I couldn't move my head left or right. After a chiropractor visit (had more visits later) I could move my head normally in all directions! Don't know if that would help you, but it's a thought. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way for you to feel better!!!

#70 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Holy smokes, Sheena! Sounds like Nissan may owe you a new Prado!

As for your backache, I'll pass on to you what has been working for me for the last 17 years. First, a tiny bit of background (pun intended, of course!)

Horses owned me for 30 years, and about 20 years into that wonderful relationship, I had a major disagreement with a horse that resulted in my having a thoroughly fractured lumbar vertebrae and three bulging (wedge-shaped) lumbar discs that still like to move if I'm not careful. I am rather fortunate to be walking, but you know how some horse-crazy girls are... I didn't give up the horses for another 10 years. The following is what I have found to work rather well after the surgeon said "that's pretty bad, but it's not bad enough to justify operating." (this was 1991, after all, and an HMO to boot...)

So, for medical care, I second the Chiropractor suggestion if there are issues with discs slipped or vertebrae out of alignment making for pinched nerves.

For self-treatment, whether the issue is muscular or pinched nerves or joint inflammation, there is a topical product which you can acquire from any online equine vet supply company. I know, I know...horse stuff?? Read on!

The product is called Equi-Block (can be found here among other locations), and it is a topical salve that was developed for arthritic joints in race horses. The stuff heats up like Ben-Gay, but does not get unbearable (unless it's 140F out while you're using it...) and the main active ingredient is capsicum (red pepper). This stuff does not contain steroids, nor will it harm your skin (though I would suggest applying it with latex gloves cuz that hot pepper will not wash off completely and you'll remember it later when attempting to remove an eyelash from your eye - been there - not fun!)

Equi-Block was recommended to me by a vet that I worked with for years, for use on my back. This ointment is a penetrating pain reliever AND has very effective anti-inflammatory properties. This stuff is sold over the counter, does not require a vet's prescription, and is cost effective. Essentially, Equi-Block is a seriously potent version of OTC arthritis ointments like Capzaicin P, Deep Heet, and other stuff is for arthritic hands. What I like about it, too, is that it has a cumulative effect such that, applied twice daily, it works better and better with consistent use.

An 8oz jar of the stuff, when it first was introduced, was $35 at the tack shop... but even then it was cost effective because I got over a month of daily use out of that jar, as a little bit goes a long way when applied to human back vs. equine knees. I used about a teaspoon (the measuring kind, not the stirring kind) per day. I just checked the price on the site I linked above, and it's selling for $22 per jar so it's even more cost effective.

I'm not recommending Equi-Block after having tried it once or twice, but after 17 years of reliance on the stuff. When my lumbar discs try to relocate, I end up with a couple of severely inflamed nerves where they exit my spine, such that nerve bundles which normally are the diameter of a pencil are inflamed and as thick as my thumb. Not fun. When that occurs, I use OTC naproxen (I found Aleve really works well for my back), AND topical application of Equi-Block. The net effect is reduced swelling because of reduced inflammation...and reduced pain because of reduced inflammation. Then if I have to make a trip to the Chiropractor, the adjustment is easier and more efficacious.

Having said aaaaaaaaaaaalllllll of that, not knowing whether your backache is muscular or skeletal doesn't matter all that much, for the stuff reduces inflammation no matter what. I'm not sure what the transdermal agent is that penetrates the skin, but it's not dimethylsulphoxide (DMSO) which is another equine standby but which produces a really foul taste in the mouth...and which in recent years has become harder to acquire anyway. But I digress....

So, having asked about helpin' a backache, I've sort of overloaded you with info. But if you need realistically effective pain relief for more than a couple days (or potentially an on-going issue like mine), with extreme confidence I can assure you that Equi-Block is safe, effective, and reliable.

Oh, and here's the skinny on the product from their own literature:

Description:
Racehorse Strength topical pain reliever with Capsaicin. Will not test positive.

Indications:
For the temporary care of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, neuralgias, simple backache, strains and sprains of ligaments and tendons, curb and splints in horses.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredient: Capsaicin (0.025%)

Other Ingredients: Deionized Water, Chamomile Extract, Carbomer 940, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Propyl Gallate, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

This product contains natural products and is subject to color change over time.

And that would be my two bucks' worth! :teeth: Good luck with both the Prado and your back! Let us know how you're doing.

Victoria

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#71 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

Don't squirm at the thought of "horse treatments"! In ranch country, we used horse liniment all the time to sooth our own aches and pains.....works even better if you have a SO who can massage it in for you! :teeth:
Posted Image

#72 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

Don't squirm at the thought of "horse treatments"! In ranch country, we used horse liniment all the time to sooth our own aches and pains.....works even better if you have a SO who can massage it in for you! :teeth:

Yup yup yup!! LLDN, don'tcha just looovve that special DMSO taste? Somewhere between tuna oil, black olive brine, and kerosene.... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!!! :blush:
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#73 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

Yup yup yup!! LLDN, don'tcha just looovve that special DMSO taste? Somewhere between tuna oil, black olive brine, and kerosene.... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!!! :teeth:

You crack me up!
Posted Image

#74 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

:teeth: Yep, you know what I'm talkin' about! Posted Image

#75 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

Don't squirm at the thought of "horse treatments"! In ranch country, we used horse liniment all the time to sooth our own aches and pains.....works even better if you have a SO who can massage it in for you! :lmao:

Yup yup yup!! LLDN, don'tcha just looovve that special DMSO taste? Somewhere between tuna oil, black olive brine, and kerosene.... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!!! :lmao:

I always thought of garlic as soon as it got on my hands. I had plenty of latex gloves for putting that stuff on I tell you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users