• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Really miss not having a man around..

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hey Brad, Don’t feel bad....I loved her title so much that I just "popped" in my experience (see below) into the post and no one even noticed!!!! See, you are not alone :birthday:

This was one weekend where I really, really missed having a man around. I spent my entire Saturday working outside attempting moving tree parts and trimming trees that were just taller than me, and I just do not do gas powered things such as chainsaws, weedwackers et al, they Bite! My wonderfully barbaric truck did improve the height issue but strength is something men naturally have more of. A couple of times I was biting off more than I could chew My pool was green and I could not get it to recover as fast as I thought it should, then to top it off, a dang snake showed up today on my pool deck!!!

I succumbed when the snake and I were at serious odds about the direction I wanted it to go, and where it wanted to stay. I am thankful for wonderful neighbors that come to my rescue and relocated my snake. But; yeah there's a but, same said neighbor was using my pool these last few weeks asked me "How big is that gator in your pond?" His wife laughed and I immediately said "NO." "No gator in my pond; it's a frog! If I have a gator I want it GONE."

So yes, right now I am missing not having a man around to share and help with these things, so to all of you, thanx for sharing my burden this weekend

#47 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

It's not always just about cars, is it? I noticed your post, pmarie, but I'm having the opposite experience so I thought I'd just be quiet...... I am really enjoying not having to pick up after a man, clean up his messes, get him off the couch so I can vaccuum, etc. My house is staying really neat & clean! But, I'm really tall and I love power tools, so I have an advantage over you with the outdoor chores. I can empathize about a possible gator, tho. That's something I'd want help with, too!

Want a roomie (teamwork!) and new dive buddy? I could live in FL..... :birthday:
Posted Image

#48 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

But, I'm really tall and I love power tools, so I have an advantage over you with the outdoor chores. I can empathize about a possible gator, tho. That's something I'd want help with, too!

Want a roomie (teamwork!) and new dive buddy? I could live in FL.....

Bring it on!! I like acquiring new friends and new dive buddies. BTW, I really do not have the gator; just a really, really loud bull frog. however, I now have wild little piggies that are destroying sections of my property and up and down along my driveway. I would really like to avoid the labor that I need to do to "flatten" out their "rooting."

#49 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

So funny my old thread has lit up again! And I really should be packing ..... but here ya alll go.....

This was one weekend where I really, really missed having a man around. I spent my entire Saturday working outside attempting moving tree parts and trimming trees that were just taller than me, and I just do not do gas powered things such as chainsaws, weedwackers et al, they Bite! My wonderfully barbaric truck did improve the height issue but strength is something men naturally have more of. A couple of times I was biting off more than I could chew :o My pool was green and I could not get it to recover as fast as I thought it should, then to top it off, a dang snake showed up today on my pool deck!!!

I succumbed when the snake and I were at serious odds about the direction I wanted it to go, and where it wanted to stay. I am thankful for wonderful neighbors that come to my rescue and relocated my snake. But; yeah there's a but, same said neighbor was using my pool these last few weeks asked me "How big is that gator in your pond?" His wife laughed and I immediately said "NO." "No gator in my pond; it's a frog! If I have a gator I want it GONE."

So yes, right now I am missing not having a man around to share and help with these things, so to all of you, thanx for sharing my burden this weekend

At least you had a go! Never mind - here is a litle inspiration and entertainment from a UK gardening TV show. Maybe call them! I am suire they'd love to do a show in Florida :lmao:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Weescot I dont think asking men for advise on cars is really a good idea now adays, because they cant work on them. I think ScubaPunk has givin you some sound advise.."Buy American :usflag: "

IMHO I think you would just look Fab in this H2 Mummer :cool2:

Bubski

Hummers (and FJ's)are very popular here - but with the local brat pack. I can't see myself rocking up at the office in one either - bad enough toddling out of the Prado in heels... Plus I had the chance to drive a real hummer in Bosnia - and that WAS fun!

Hi Sheena,

I realize I may have missed reading the big news in a different thread, but based on the date of the above post you may have finally received the long awaited Prado (a very sensible car in my experience). You promised a professionally produced feature length film documenting your adventures with the new car... or perhaps it was just a photo of you both. :cheerleader: Please direct me to the appropriate post or PM if you a) have it and b) snapped it.

Will post more once I get out to the desert! But maybe not a full length documentary - more like a "look at the camel over there..." :lmao:

I am really enjoying not having to pick up after a man, clean up his messes, get him off the couch so I can vaccuum, etc.

I've never had a man to clean up after. Infact, as usual, I do things differently. I have a male cleaner to clean up my mess :teeth:

Ok back to the packing. Back in 3 weeks :P
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#50 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

[ however, I now have wild little piggies that are destroying sections of my property and up and down along my driveway. I would really like to avoid the labor that I need to do to "flatten" out their "rooting."

MMMMmmmmmm, bacon........ :cheerleader:
Posted Image

#51 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

pmarie, I have the same issues with the clean up after IKE. I told one of my friends that these are the times I wish I had man around, BUT I want to be able to send him back afterward!!! :cheerleader:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#52 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

MMMMmmmmmm, bacon........

That's what I said!!! And where is that man with the gun and the ability to clean it after the shooting?????? Wait, I could probably be the woman with the gun....will a .45 work???? Wait; it would still need to be cleaned.

pmarie, I have the same issues with the clean up after IKE. I told one of my friends that these are the times I wish I had man around, BUT I want to be able to send him back afterward!!!

Well; sending him back would just depend on how useful he could be and if the "cost" would be prohibitive :thankyou::respect:

#53 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

This flurry of interesting and insightful activity, all from a late breaking and lame post. You are all welcome. :thankyou:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#54 Scuba Mike

Scuba Mike

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Sdvanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75-100

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

Wow! What a rough bunch in here. All this man bashing. :birthday: I don't know if I should add my 2 psi or not. :canuckdiver: :birthday: Use a bow on the pigs and a gig on the frogs. So when is the bbq and frog leg fry? :birthday:
Hi! Don't mind me I'm new here.

#55 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

Wow! What a rough bunch in here. All this man bashing. :birthday: I don't know if I should add my 2 psi or not. :canuckdiver: :birthday: Use a bow on the pigs and a gig on the frogs. So when is the bbq and frog leg fry? :birthday:

You're safe, Mike! I was bashing only one particular man :birthday:
Posted Image

#56 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

Wow! What a rough bunch in here. All this man bashing. I don't know if I should add my 2 psi or not. Use a bow on the pigs and a gig on the frogs. So when is the bbq and frog leg fry?

Nah, not bashing, never would want one to think it's that. Been a long time since I used a bow and arrow-and then only at a fixed target. My office laughed at me when I said I was going to use the BB gun. Gee wonder why.......People keep asking me if I've been diving in my pond. Nope-I'm not sure that I want to. I might run into a vicious turtle or get tangled in the Hydrilla-Don't know if I spelled that correctly.

#57 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

My office laughed at me when I said I was going to use the BB gun.

:pray: That would just scare the bacon into hiding from you, and then we'd never have that bbq ribs with the frog legs!
Posted Image

#58 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

I had to look up this thread to see when I posted about the piggies (timeline). Would like for everyone to know that I found a man with a gun, wanted pig for his birthday, gave him permission to hunt on the property et al. Well, Friday night I was so mad that the piggies were right in my yard. I went inside and got the handgun out. Please feel free to laugh at me and with me. I missed, and the piggy and I had a staring contest until the third shot. The next day the young man came over and scoped everything out and wasn't quite sure as to whether or not he should believe me when I said they were really bold piggies that did not really run.

Fast forward to this am. Same man came over at 6am and waited patiently and around 9:15 was rewarded with a choice of four piggies, which one to shoot. Well he selected and shot, then tracked it through the brush. He came to my door and said "I think it was your neighbor's pig." Said neighbor arrived shortly after that and was mad at me for not calling him. I am still wondering why he thinks I would know that he has pigs. Well, I told him that they are not domestic pigs, and take a good long, hard look at my yard, and was he going to repair the very extensive damage?? Nope, just said that he knew they were escaping confinement. He then claimed the pig and my poor help didn't get the bacon after all that effort and time invested.

#59 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:35 AM

I had to look up this thread to see when I posted about the piggies (timeline). Would like for everyone to know that I found a man with a gun, wanted pig for his birthday, gave him permission to hunt on the property et al. Well, Friday night I was so mad that the piggies were right in my yard. I went inside and got the handgun out. Please feel free to laugh at me and with me. I missed, and the piggy and I had a staring contest until the third shot. The next day the young man came over and scoped everything out and wasn't quite sure as to whether or not he should believe me when I said they were really bold piggies that did not really run.

Fast forward to this am. Same man came over at 6am and waited patiently and around 9:15 was rewarded with a choice of four piggies, which one to shoot. Well he selected and shot, then tracked it through the brush. He came to my door and said "I think it was your neighbor's pig." Said neighbor arrived shortly after that and was mad at me for not calling him. I am still wondering why he thinks I would know that he has pigs. Well, I told him that they are not domestic pigs, and take a good long, hard look at my yard, and was he going to repair the very extensive damage?? Nope, just said that he knew they were escaping confinement. He then claimed the pig and my poor help didn't get the bacon after all that effort and time invested.

:teeth: What a story! Also, if neighbor took the bacon back, he should also fix your yard, IMHO! Next time, you shoot straight and get the bacon inside quick, so at least you have food in trade for the torn-up yard. OMG, I'm still laughing!
Posted Image

#60 FritzCat66

FritzCat66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Friday night I was so mad that the piggies were right in my yard. I went inside and got the handgun out... I missed, and the piggy and I had a staring contest until the third shot. The next day the young man came over and... he selected and shot, then tracked it through the brush. He came to my door and said "I think it was your neighbor's pig." Said neighbor arrived shortly after that and was mad at me for not calling him.

You know, Patty, I think there's a really good "You know you're a redneck if..." joke in here somewhere, just waiting to be told. :canuckdiver:

>*< Fritz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users