• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SOLD OUT!! Sept Roatan Singles Week Aug 30- Sept 6, 2008

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#631 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

CONTEST UPDATE:

His Tackyness would not miss it, however the caveat of only using island aquisitions should make it interesting. Will you be able to beg, borrow and steal what ever you need???

Yep! Now you are getting into the spirit! Just know you can ONLY do this AFTER landing on the island!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#632 Starfish

Starfish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:open water (2003) - about 50 dives so far; only in Bahamas and Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:about 50

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

Costume Contest...our Best One Yet!!!

PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!!!

Cash prizes, discounts off SD trips, dive gear, FREE Diving and more!

Now that I have your attention let me tell you how you can get some for yourself! :wakawaka:

1. Participate in our Roatan Single's Week Costume Contest
2. Nothing to bring with you...(in fact its not allowed so EVERYONE has an equal chance to win!)
3. Easy to prepare for...simply follow the contest theme, add your own creativity and it's as simple as that.
4. The actual contest will take about an hour and your prep time will be as little or as much as you like.
5. You can form teams with your roommate to help prepare a 'joint effort' ONCE YOU ARE ON ISLAND.
6. The event will get national and international exposure as well as FANTASTIC PRIZES!
7. If you don't participate you'll be a fuddy duddy...which means you are NO FUN. And since ONLY FUN PEOPLE ARE ON THIS TRIP...I'm hoping for nearly full participation! The more that participate the more prizes we get from our sponsors! :wakawaka:

Costume Theme:

Those participating in our First Roatan Single's Week Costume Party the Theme is "Island Time". Anything you find ON THE ISLAND can be used as a costume or in the creation of a costume. However everything must originate in ROATAN ONLY ...sorry even Utila or the main island does not count...and NOTHING can not be brought from home/outside of Roatan by you or someone else for you.

Awards will be given for 'most fun' 'most creative' as well as 'most original' 'worst costume' and 'most zany'! Heck we'll even have a category for 'most Island Chic'! Prizes include $$$, dive gear, FREE DIVING and other great prizes to be announced as soon ast= the final prize list is completed. YEP! Its still growing! [/b]

p.s. Please start letting us know if you plan to participate. The more who do the more prizes we get! :-D

count me in for the costume contest! Thanks.

#633 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

count me in for the costume contest! Thanks.

AWESOME! We have another winner! (Still don't have enough contestants to exceed the number of prizes!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#634 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:08 AM

Important Trip Update:

If anyone has food allergies, is vegan/vegetarian or has any special food needs please let us know ASAP. Send it to trips@singledivers.com with the title FOOD NEEDS FOR ROATAN in the subject line. Thank you! kamala

p.s. please make sure we know your name and screen name too. OR you can pm scubapunk with the same info and the same title in the subject line. :wakawaka:

formerly...

#635 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Do people NOT like the idea of a costume contest? Maybe we are putting lots of effort into getting prizes, setting up contests etc when people don't really want them. Please give us your thoughts. We can just as easily cancel this if you'd rather not do it. :wakawaka:

formerly...

#636 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Do people NOT like the idea of a costume contest? Maybe we are putting lots of effort into getting prizes, setting up contests etc when people don't really want them. Please give us your thoughts. We can just as easily cancel this if you'd rather not do it. :teeth:

I like the idea, even though it seems tough getting everything on-island. I'm not a very creative person, but I actually came up with a couple of ideas that might work, with a little luck! Besides, I LIKE free stuff!
Posted Image

#637 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

http://www.wundergro...at.html#a_topad

Just checking out the latest NOAA picture. We may have some ocean swells come Sun-Tuesday. I think resort is on the northern facing shore. I'm going to pack some extra Bonnie.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#638 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Do people NOT like the idea of a costume contest? Maybe we are putting lots of effort into getting prizes, setting up contests etc when people don't really want them. Please give us your thoughts. We can just as easily cancel this if you'd rather not do it. :teeth:

I like the idea, even though it seems tough getting everything on-island. I'm not a very creative person, but I actually came up with a couple of ideas that might work, with a little luck! Besides, I LIKE free stuff!

We will include a shopping day to find stuff for your costume as part of the agenda. Keep coming up with ideas!

formerly...

#639 Starfish

Starfish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:open water (2003) - about 50 dives so far; only in Bahamas and Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:about 50

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

I have tons of ideas too. will share when we get there... c'mon and sign up!

#640 acas1207

acas1207

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Suziq, thanks for catching that I'm not on the list. I would like to do the day of arrival dive.
My take on costume contest; I think I'll have a lot of fun watching it :teeth: My creative ability lies in other areas so I won't likely participate. I might have won had there been a prize for the least creative and/or most lame costume. ALSO..... is it better to use US dollars or should I exchange for the local currency???

See you all soon!
Anthony

#641 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Suziq, thanks for catching that I'm not on the list. I would like to do the day of arrival dive.
My take on costume contest; I think I'll have a lot of fun watching it :teeth: My creative ability lies in other areas so I won't likely participate. I might have won had there been a prize for the least creative and/or most lame costume. ALSO..... is it better to use US dollars or should I exchange for the local currency???

See you all soon!
Anthony

What list are you talking about Anthony? I do have you on the Delta list.

It's been my experience that you do not need to exchange for the local currency. It's your preference.

#642 acas1207

acas1207

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

I meant the list for the dive on the day of arrival. I was on the original list but the one you recently posted I wasn't on. Unless I misread something. - - AS

See you all soon!
Anthony

What list are you talking about Anthony? I do have you on the Delta list.

It's been my experience that you do not need to exchange for the local currency. It's your preference.

#643 CoralBeauty

CoralBeauty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:OWI - 51, most in Cozumel
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

See you all soon!
Anthony

I'll be on the sidelines with Anthony cheering you on. I can be creative if I have months to plan, but spur of the moment creativity is just too stressfull for me, and I prefer not to stress out on vacation.
Jo-Ann

#644 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

See you all soon!
Anthony

Actually we do have a category for LAMEST COSTUME so please hesitate no longer to participate! -ww

formerly...

#645 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hey WW didn't I win for the Lamest costume in Bonaire!!!??? It was all fun!!!! :teeth:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users