• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SOLD OUT!! Sept Roatan Singles Week Aug 30- Sept 6, 2008

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#646 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:12 PM

Suziq, thanks for catching that I'm not on the list. I would like to do the day of arrival dive.
My take on costume contest; I think I'll have a lot of fun watching it :teeth: My creative ability lies in other areas so I won't likely participate. I might have won had there been a prize for the least creative and/or most lame costume. ALSO..... is it better to use US dollars or should I exchange for the local currency???

See you all soon!
Anthony

What list are you talking about Anthony? I do have you on the Delta list.

It's been my experience that you do not need to exchange for the local currency. It's your preference.

I believe he wanted to be on the day of arrival dive list -- he was on it, then he disappeared!
Tammy
Posted Image

#647 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Suziq, thanks for catching that I'm not on the list. I would like to do the day of arrival dive.
My take on costume contest; I think I'll have a lot of fun watching it :teeth: My creative ability lies in other areas so I won't likely participate. I might have won had there been a prize for the least creative and/or most lame costume. ALSO..... is it better to use US dollars or should I exchange for the local currency???

See you all soon!
Anthony

What list are you talking about Anthony? I do have you on the Delta list.

It's been my experience that you do not need to exchange for the local currency. It's your preference.

I believe he wanted to be on the day of arrival dive list -- he was on it, then he disappeared!
Tammy

He is ON the one in the first post and that is one that matters. Now Fred on the otherhand is not on that list and vauguely recall him saying he wanted on it.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#648 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

Extra Days Pricing:

Several of you are staying extra days. Here is that pricing again so we can finalize your invoices:

If arriving early...$145 per night includes boat diving, hotel, all meals, private pre-dive early orientation and taxes.

If staying later...$135 per night include boat diving, hotel, all meals, and taxes.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#649 Starfish

Starfish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:open water (2003) - about 50 dives so far; only in Bahamas and Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:about 50

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

Hey WW didn't I win for the Lamest costume in Bonaire!!!??? It was all fun!!!! :teeth:

Ok, costumed challenged people... here are a few ideas. I'll even donate some hours of my time to help you.

Theme: Island time. How about:

Island nap time: two people team up and dress up at palm trees by putting green palm fronds in their baseball hats or other hats, and using dried grass or brown dried fronds around your neck to make a palm tree trunk. Borrow a hammock from BIBR and string it between you. If you can find a real lightweight third, they could actually be IN the hammock. So this is an entry for 2 - 3 people.

Island Too Much Surface Time: make yourself all pink with blusher or any other bright pink (hopefully non-toxic ) substance. Paint big white circles around your eyes like you have sunglasses on when you got so sunburned.

Island Lobster Time: make yourself red with blusher or any other reddish (hopefully non-toxic substance). Find two pieces of drift wood or sticks and put them in a red baseball hat to make antennae. Make a lobster tail out of red painted palm fronds.

Island beach time: get wet and roll in the sand.

Island Toga Time: take a sheet off your bed and drape it around you

here are some themes that I'm sure you can run with yourselves

Island Play Time
Island Sleepy Time
Island Meal Time

Get the idea? This is easy and fun, and this is all about being silly. I'm really good at that. if you're not, I can help. :teeth: :) :wub:

#650 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

LUGGAGE TAGS: Usually the resort sends out tags to the trip leader who then gets them to the divers to put on their luggage. These tags say BAY ISLAND BEACH RESORT on them. While we are filing thru the immigration line the resort can start collecting our bags because of the tags. This saves LOTS of time.

For some reason the USPS chose not to deliver these tags to me so we need to try and make due as best as we can. SO....

If you can take a thin peice of cardboard or heavy paper or take an old luggage tag and tape a sheet of paper that says BAY ISLAND BEACH RESORT on it. They can at least spot some of the bags quickly and that will help them out alot.

AIRPORT PICKUP: When you arrive at the airport you'll need to clear immigration and then head for your luggage. AT THE LUGGAGE PICK UP AREA be looking for someone (usually Cam one of the owners) with a Bay Island Beach Resort shirt on, a Sign that says Bay Island Beach Resort and possibly a SingleDivers.com sign. I promise they will be easy to spot.

If you supplied us with your flight details then we have supplied the resort with them and they will know when to pick you up.

ROOMING: By now I'm sure that many of you are curious about who your roommate will be. Sadly your curiosity will have to wait a bit longer until you arrive at the resort. Once there when you get checked in by Cam and her staff, they will direct you to your rooms. Your roommates have been assigned based upon the survey you filled out for us. In many cases we have matched your sleeping, temp, snoring, smoking preferences perfectly. In a few cases we've not been able to match all your preferences but we have matched ALL your critical preferences. However if for any reason your rooming does not work out, simply let myself or scubapunk know and we'll work to make on the spot adjustments or work to resolve the problem. If you have a problem with your room let us know that too. We can not help you fix something if you do not tell us about it. Sometimes if you give yourself and your new roommate 24 hours to get settled in, get some rest/sleep, etc whatever was bothering you might not be so problematic the next day. However if its not working out, then don't ruin your vacation over it...simply let us know and we'll do all we can to fix it! :birthday:

DIVING BUDDIES & BOAT ASSIGNMENTS: The first thing most new divers worry about is who will I be diving with. Its a common concern and one we take seriously at SingleDivers.com. We think we have come up with an innovative way to help you find a compatible and as a result...great dive buddy. Here is what we do. We take the information you supplied us on your surveys and in the case of a large group like this we will break the divers out either by number of dives, diving certifications and/or who is diving air and who is diving nitrox. Since about half the group is diving nitrox and half is diving air we will on this trip divide the group that way. We will have 2-3 boats...I'm not sure but once I know we'll do the splits and then we'll let you know Sunday Morning which boat you are on. There will be a sign with a boat number and name on it and your name under it. Once you know your boat one of the trip leaders will help you pair up with someone on your boat that has similar air consumption. diving styles and diving preferences. For example if you are a 'same day same ocean buddy' you will NOT be a good buddy for someone that wants to keep you very close or no further than line of site. On the other hand, if you typically dive for an hour on an 80cf tank and your buddy is done in 30 minutes or less then you won't be good buddy match ups. And finally if you like to stay near the boat or just hang out in one place then pairing you with someone who wants to cover a lot of real estate again will not work out. So since we have all the information on you...we'll help you to buddy up with others that are going to be similar buddies.

Ok you say...so what happens if it all sounds good on paper but in reality we don't mesh so well. NO PROBLEM. We simply make changes to the buddy arrangements. Just tell one of the trip leaders (either myself or ScubaPunk) and we'll discretely help make changes for you. Its as simple as that. In fact the first dive or so is really a 'reality' test to see if the theory meshes with the reality! :birthday:

AGENDA FOR THE WEEK: I am working on an agenda for the week and hope to have it posted tomorrow!

formerly...

#651 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hey WW didn't I win for the Lamest costume in Bonaire!!!??? It was all fun!!!! :birthday:

Ok, costumed challenged people... here are a few ideas. I'll even donate some hours of my time to help you.

Theme: Island time. How about:

Island nap time: two people team up and dress up at palm trees by putting green palm fronds in their baseball hats or other hats, and using dried grass or brown dried fronds around your neck to make a palm tree trunk. Borrow a hammock from BIBR and string it between you. If you can find a real lightweight third, they could actually be IN the hammock. So this is an entry for 2 - 3 people.

Island Too Much Surface Time: make yourself all pink with blusher or any other bright pink (hopefully non-toxic ) substance. Paint big white circles around your eyes like you have sunglasses on when you got so sunburned.

Island Lobster Time: make yourself red with blusher or any other reddish (hopefully non-toxic substance). Find two pieces of drift wood or sticks and put them in a red baseball hat to make antennae. Make a lobster tail out of red painted palm fronds.

Island beach time: get wet and roll in the sand.

Island Toga Time: take a sheet off your bed and drape it around you

here are some themes that I'm sure you can run with yourselves

Island Play Time
Island Sleepy Time
Island Meal Time

Get the idea? This is easy and fun, and this is all about being silly. I'm really good at that. if you're not, I can help. :birthday: :dance: :dance:

Dang...she is going to have to win a special prize for this alone!

But now you all get it! So no more excuses....the more who play the more fun we all have! :dance:

formerly...

#652 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

Ok...Ok.... I'm probably going to try to do this costume thing, but I reserve the right to back out at the last minute, if I can't come up with a costume. :birthday:

#653 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Ok...Ok.... I'm probably going to try to do this costume thing, but I reserve the right to back out at the last minute, if I can't come up with a costume. :birthday:

How can you say you don't have any ideas...Starfish just gave EVERYONE a ton of ideas! :birthday:

p.s. now put yourself on the list!

formerly...

#654 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

PLEASE HELP US UPDATE THESE LISTS:

Anyone else wanting a massage or day or arrival dive orientation? I need to send this info to the resort. :birthday:

Ready to spoil yourself? Let us know, and we'll arrange a masseuse for you. We have both a male and female masseuse, well trained and experienced, who will bring their table to your room. Guests tell us these massages are the best they've ever had. $60 per hour from BURT of $70 per hour from LAUREN.

Those Wanting to have a Massage 6pm last one before dinner and 9pm last one of evening ($60 or $70 per hr):[/color]

1. _________________Sat Aug 30th 3:00 pm- $60 (Burt) - Bill aka ScubaTex $70 (Lauren)
2. Mark aka DiveGeek Sat Aug 30th 5:00 pm - $60 (Burt) ________________________ $70 (Lauren)
3. kamala aka wreckwench Sun Sept 1st 4pm - $60 (Burt) - ___________________ $70 (Lauren)
4. kamala aka wreckwench Friday Sept 5th 3pm - $60 (Burt) - __________________ $70 (Lauren)
5. Janette aka Starfish Friday Sept 5th 4pm - $60 (Burt) - ________________________ $70 (Lauren)
6. Susie aka Susiq Friday Sept 5th 5pm - $60 (Burt) - Fred aka ev780 $70 (Lauren)
7. Mark aka DiveGeek Friday Sept 5th 6pm???? afternoon/evening????? - ___________________$70 (Lauren)

People Wanting to Do a Day Of Arrival Orientation Sat Aug 30th for $50 split with anyone doing it & $10 per tank (IF A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE MAY REQUIRE A SECOND BIBR STAFF PERSON AT $50):

1. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
2. Bill aka ScubaTex
3. Sandra aka ScubaSandra
4. Susan aka Susiq

Do we know what time approx the dive is going to be ?

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#655 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

PLEASE HELP US UPDATE THESE LISTS:

Anyone else wanting a massage or day or arrival dive orientation? I need to send this info to the resort. :birthday:

Ready to spoil yourself? Let us know, and we'll arrange a masseuse for you. We have both a male and female masseuse, well trained and experienced, who will bring their table to your room. Guests tell us these massages are the best they've ever had. $60 per hour from BURT of $70 per hour from LAUREN.

Those Wanting to have a Massage 6pm last one before dinner and 9pm last one of evening ($60 or $70 per hr):[/color]

1. _________________Sat Aug 30th 3:00 pm- $60 (Burt) - Bill aka ScubaTex $70 (Lauren)
2. Mark aka DiveGeek Sat Aug 30th 5:00 pm - $60 (Burt) ________________________ $70 (Lauren)
3. kamala aka wreckwench Sun Sept 1st 4pm - $60 (Burt) - ___________________ $70 (Lauren)
4. kamala aka wreckwench Friday Sept 5th 3pm - $60 (Burt) - __________________ $70 (Lauren)
5. Janette aka Starfish Friday Sept 5th 4pm - $60 (Burt) - ________________________ $70 (Lauren)
6. Susie aka Susiq Friday Sept 5th 5pm - $60 (Burt) - Fred aka ev780 $70 (Lauren)
7. Mark aka DiveGeek Friday Sept 5th 6pm???? afternoon/evening????? - ___________________$70 (Lauren)

People Wanting to Do a Day Of Arrival Orientation Sat Aug 30th for $50 split with anyone doing it & $10 per tank (IF A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE MAY REQUIRE A SECOND BIBR STAFF PERSON AT $50):

1. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
2. Bill aka ScubaTex
3. Sandra aka ScubaSandra
4. Susan aka Susiq
5. acas
6. ev780????

Do we know what time approx the dive is going to be ?

Jeff

That depends on when people arrive. It if gets to be too late they won't be able to do it as everyone needs to be back and cleaned up for the main orientation at 5:30pm.

My guess is you need to start it by 2pm so you can do the dive by 3pm and finish around 4. That gives you 1.5 hrs to clean gear and get ready for dinner/orientation and SD's Official Meet and Greet Happy Hour!

formerly...

#656 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

LAST MINUTE HELPFUL HINTS AND REMINDERS:

1. Please check out this link to get an idea of how much cash to bring. It shows the drink prices etc. BRING LOTS OF SMALL BILLS! Ones and Fives are worth their weight in gold! :-D

2. SingleDivers.com FAMOUS HAPPY HOURS! Yes we'll have our famous Happy Hour on Tuesday which is also the costume contest!!! So pick up your favorite beverage at DUTY FREE in the US on your way out tomorrow and we'll buy mixers and setups from the bar. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO TIP THE BARTENDER OR ELSE WE WON"T BE ABLE TO KEEP THIS TIME HONORED TRADITION ALIVE! :)

3. TAG YOUR BAGS...Put DuckTape on your bags and write in BIG LETTERS....BIBR. This will save LOTS of time at the airport and get you to the resort MUCH faster. BIBR hires someone to pull the bags before you even clear them so you only verify they have them before leaving the airport.

HOWEVER keep your carry on with you. You will need your passport to check into the hotel with you.

4. Take a PEN on the plane to fill out the customs form. Also when you check into the hotel you will fill out registration paperwork and can fill out your dive waiver early if you like. (Just don't forget to take your c-card to the dive shop on your first day of diving!)

5. Snacks...if you are a 'snack' person PLEASE bring them with you. Stores are NOT nearby nor are they cheap. So if you need munchies...pack them today!

6. Check In: Please don't mob the desk if a lot of you arrive. The hotel has the room assignments and your roommates already. They will tell you where you are to go when you get there. Have your passport with you to check in.

So....

Tags....that say BIBR on your luggage
Duty Free liquor or beverages...
Snacks if you need them...
Pen for the plane and check in...
DUCT TAPE TAGS ON YOUR BAGS SAYING BIBR...
Docs...you will need your passport for check in!!
LOTS OF SMALL BILLS FOR TIPS, TAXI's etc.
CASH FOR MASSAGES & DIVE TIPS!

formerly...

#657 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

http://www.nhc.noaa....MIAOFFNT3.shtml

If your interested read mariners forecast for wave height for GPS 16N x 86W.

In short seas maybe high at front end of trip.

I hope this works. I will try another method.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#658 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

North shore of Roatan closer to LAST warning . We may have some E-Ticket Rides (ie:DisneyWorld)

See you'll Sat. Stan

...HURRICANE WARNING N OF 17N E OF 83W...

.TONIGHT...HURRICANE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS WITHIN 120
NM NE QUADRANT...90 NM SE QUADRANT...40 NM SW QUADRANT....AND 60
NM MW QUADRANT. HIGHEST WINDS 55 KT GUSTS 65 KT INCREASING TO 70
KT GUST 85 KT. SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE
AND 60 NM SE QUADRANT. HIGHEST SEAS 21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 16N E
OF 85W WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA E
WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 5 TO 7 FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN
AREA OF HURRICANE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS.
.SAT AND SAT NIGHT...HURRICANE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS
WITHIN 140 NM NE QUADRANT...120 NM SE AND NW QUADRANTS...AND 90
NM SW QUADRANT. HIGHEST WINDS 95 KT GUST 115 KT. SEAS 12 FT OR
GREATER IN AREA OF HURRICANE AND TROPICAL FORCE WINDS. HIGHEST
SEAS 32 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 17N W OF 78W WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS
8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA SE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 5 TO 7
FT. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SQUALLS WITHIN AREA OF TROPICAL STORM
FORCE WINDS.
.SUN...N OF 20N W OF 79W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT DIMINISHING
TO 10 TO 15 KT LATE. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT DIMINISHING TO 4 TO 6 FT
LATE. ELSEWHERE SE TO S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 5 FT.
MON AND TUE...SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 5 FT.

$$
AMZ084-292130-
SW CARIBBEAN S OF 15N W OF 75W
1130 AM EDT FRI AUG 29 2008

.TONIGHT...N OF 13N W OF 80W S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7
FT. ELSEWHERE SE TO S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.
.SAT AND SAT NIGHT...N OF 12N SE TO S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3
TO 6 FT. S OF 12N VARIABLE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.
.SUN AND MON...N OF 12N NE TO E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6
FT. S OF 12N VARIABLE WINDS 10 KT OR LESS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.
.TUE...N OF 12N E WINDS 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. S OF 12N VARIABLE
WINDS 10 KT OR LESS. SEAS 2 FT.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#659 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

Need more contest participants! How can you lose with the awesome ides from Starfish!!!

formerly...

#660 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

A few more tips... (thanks to Shawn!) :-D

1. MOSQUITO repellant!! LOTS OF IT!!!
2. Bring your meds...they will be hard to replace on the island.
3. ExiT Tax...don't forget to save money for your departure tax...about $34.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users