• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Singles Week Roatan...May the fun begin!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#16 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

Cam and Kamala made sure that all of us got out on Saturday, and only 1 person did not make it all the way home on Sat. -- she had to overnight with Kamala on Sat. night, and got home Sun. morning.

The majority of us trooped over to the airport at 9am, for a 1pm Continental flight out, just to make sure we were all checked in and confirmed. A complete CF for many others who had tickets, but got to the airport the "normal" 2 hours before the flight! I'm sure that flight was way overbooked, and many were bumped if they did not check in early.
Posted Image

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

ALL the carriers cut flights back including Taca. For some reason Taca's system allowed them to book some pax on the 6th. However they called in an extra plane to get passengers to San Pedro and they PAID to transfer us to other flights and they worked tirelessly around the clock to rebook our people displaced. I will certainly fly with them again. They had a full meal on the plane including free alcohol and the planes were NEW. It was a very comfortable flight and much better than previous flights I've had with them.

Mistakes happen but this carrier did well in the aftermath. I personally watched a woman with a small child work tirelessly for 3.5 hours on JUST our tickets. :cool2:

As for luggage or people...the limited number of planes meant choosing people over luggage. I think that was the right decision imho.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

Cam and Kamala made sure that all of us got out on Saturday, and only 1 person did not make it all the way home on Sat. -- she had to overnight with Kamala on Sat. night, and got home Sun. morning.

The majority of us trooped over to the airport at 9am, for a 1pm Continental flight out, just to make sure we were all checked in and confirmed. A complete CF for many others who had tickets, but got to the airport the "normal" 2 hours before the flight! I'm sure that flight was way overbooked, and many were bumped if they did not check in early.

Thanks for appreciating the extra effort to ensure that all our divers made it home the same day that we could. ScubaSandra who was the only one who did not, did stay with me which I'm flattered as she had offers from almost EVERYONE on the Dallas/DFW area on the trip! :cool1:

Our members rock! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 acas1207

acas1207

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

Roatan was awesome! The shark & dolphin dives were definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It was great meeting everyone and diving with you all, or should I say y'all. I've got to go through my pictures and figure out how to post on this site and I will probably post the shark video I took on "youtube". Sisiq-- glad you made your flight. I had a couple of martinis while I waited for my departure which left & landed on time. Martinis are as effective as xanex which I did not know but will remember for other trips.
Anthony

#20 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

Roatan was awesome! The shark & dolphin dives were definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It was great meeting everyone and diving with you all, or should I say y'all. I've got to go through my pictures and figure out how to post on this site and I will probably post the shark video I took on "youtube". Susiq-- glad you made your flight. I had a couple of martinis while I waited for my departure which left & landed on time. Martinis are as effective as xanex which I did not know but will remember for other trips.
Anthony

Glad I made it too.....really didn't believe I could --3 terminals and a pokey little train away......did it in under 10 mins. the best sprint of my airport experiences... my bag got left behind but they delivered it to my door in Manhattan early Sunday AM.....whew!!! How about that for a Delta special service....

It really was a great week, terrific diving and hanging out with everyone. I'm just sorry we couldn't say a real good bye, as our airport van left at 7 AM..... but I already miss you all and hope to dive again with you all in the future!!

Pix and videos, please!!! Can't wait to see 'em.

SusiQ :cool2:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#21 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Roatan was awesome! The shark & dolphin dives were definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It was great meeting everyone and diving with you all, or should I say y'all. I've got to go through my pictures and figure out how to post on this site and I will probably post the shark video I took on "youtube". Susiq-- glad you made your flight. I had a couple of martinis while I waited for my departure which left & landed on time. Martinis are as effective as xanex which I did not know but will remember for other trips.
Anthony

Glad I made it too.....really didn't believe I could --3 terminals and a pokey little train away......did it in under 10 mins. the best sprint of my airport experiences... my bag got left behind but they delivered it to my door in Manhattan early Sunday AM.....whew!!! How about that for a Delta special service....

It really was a great week, terrific diving and hanging out with everyone. I'm just sorry we couldn't say a real good bye, as our airport van left at 7 AM..... but I already miss you all and hope to dive again with you all in the future!!

Pix and videos, please!!! Can't wait to see 'em.

SusiQ :cool2:

SusiQ & Anthony, Sound a though everyones made it home. Definetly a fun trip. I spent a couple hours loading pics and creating a storyline for DVD, if you or any other Roatan divers would like to contribute some of their digital pics wet or dry I will incooperate into DVD. Send me a PM for address. I had a blast meeting and diving with new and past SD.com divers. Stan :cool1:
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Yep it was a good trip because of all you guys. I want to thank everyone for being patient with me. I had a lot going on and just couldn't get into it as much as I had hoped. But even with that you guys made it a good time anyway so I personally want to thank you all.

THANKS

#23 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

ALL the carriers cut flights back including Taca. For some reason Taca's system allowed them to book some pax on the 6th. However they called in an extra plane to get passengers to San Pedro and they PAID to transfer us to other flights and they worked tirelessly around the clock to rebook our people displaced. I will certainly fly with them again. They had a full meal on the plane including free alcohol and the planes were NEW. It was a very comfortable flight and much better than previous flights I've had with them.

Mistakes happen but this carrier did well in the aftermath. I personally watched a woman with a small child work tirelessly for 3.5 hours on JUST our tickets. :cool2:

As for luggage or people...the limited number of planes meant choosing people over luggage. I think that was the right decision imho.

I am glad that ya'll got home ok. I have to add in here that I think TACA often gets a bad rap. I have flown thousands of miles with them, in fact I am a premier frequent flyer on TACA and I have never had a serious issue with them. Nothing compared to the problems that I have had with United, USAIR, American, and the dreaded SPIRIT air. (whom I will never set foot on again). Just a my 2 pennies worth.....

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#24 shedcityusa

shedcityusa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water, naui
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:43 AM

Hi Everyone that went to Roatan.

It was a fun week.

The extra night at the 'resort' was fun.
I was the only guest there, and they still served breakfast, lunch and dinner. Actually, I did see Neptuner. He was alive and going to Utila for another week of diving and playing scuba songs. When asked if i would join the band, i told him that I would be down in a few days... needed to get my drums back in Colorado.

The kitchen staff was ready for us.
When i asked why so much food, they said they wanted to be ready in case they had walk ins. Walk in traffic there? Not going to happen.

While alone at the resort, and itching to get out,l George, the 'A' boat dive master, took me around to Coxan Hole, showed me where he lived in Flowers Bay, and then to the West End. We took a complete 2 hrs to do this and got back by dinner.

I went back out later Saturday night to check out the local scene. Brian and his testacles were playing again. I think that was the name of the band. They were good... they rocked. This was the same band that played the one night we all went out.

Anyway, Ted and Cam, the owners, took a new friend of mine back to the ghetto, and me to the airport. i say 'ghetto' will a smile of love and admiration.

That was Yesterday.

Today was 3 more planes, but i am home sweet home.

Flying into Aspen is like going on vacation again.

My dog Casey met a skunk apparently while i was away, so needless to say, it is nice to be home.

Great to see some old friends and to meet some new ones.

Have a great week!

Mitch E.
ShedCityUSA

Carbondale, CO. (the ghetto)

#25 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:54 AM

Mitch,
Thanks for that report, I'm glad to hear that you are at Home Sweet Home :D.
The Band that Rocks in Roatan has a very interesting name :huh:

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hey Mitch it sounds like your last day was great! :teeth:

And yes I agree the resort did everything they could to take care of us! And of course George was da best! :flirt:

formerly...

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hope you all got back, or are on the way, And can not wait for Pictures,and reports.... and to hear Pups Songs.

Thanks Sonny!!!

GREAT NEWS! We got everyone out on Saturday (but I do feel bad for all the people who did not make it out since they did not realize there was a problem until they got to the airport.)

Everyone should have made it home except for ScubaSandra who missed her connection to Reno so stayed with me. Gosh I practically had to get in line as she had invites to stay in Dallas from all the local members on the trip! :teeth:

The trip was awesome....but then Roatan holds a special place in my heart as that is where pup got his first inspiration to start pursuing his music seriously and its where he wrote the SingleDivers.com song. :D

I have some great song clips from Pup that we are going to have available on the site and I'm very excited to announce that pup is almost ready for his first cd to be released. We will start advanced sales pretty soon for those interested. :flirt:

In the meantime...the stacks of mail need to be dealt with so I'll give others a chance to pop online and tell you about Ed's Harem; "Canada vs the US"; why the canuck is more 'crabby' than the yank; and all about "Rick's" and the great diving we had this week. Can you say TONS of Turtles, spotted eagle ray, stingrays, sharp tail eel...the one that looks like a snake, TONS of Moray Eels, and more!!! :teeth:

Hey gang...time for some of those photos! :teeth:

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

Here's one shot...thank you Shawn!

Posted Image

formerly...

#29 knighthawk

knighthawk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv.OW
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Great trip!! Great people!!!
Thanks to all u'all for making my first SD Trip soo wonderful!!! (can't wait till next time)
Ed

" The trick is to fill up your bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck." CC

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Yep it was a good trip because of all you guys. I want to thank everyone for being patient with me. I had a lot going on and just couldn't get into it as much as I had hoped. But even with that you guys made it a good time anyway so I personally want to thank you all.

THANKS

Sweetie! That's what its all about! We've all been hit with bad news...I'm just glad you had some good folks to lean on! KUDOS to this group! :flirt:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users