• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Singles Week Roatan...May the fun begin!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,594 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

WAY COOL SHOT LLDN...(Landlocked Dive Nut)

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

Glad to hear that You all had Fun or Y'all are still having Fun :respect:
LiL Neppy I'm glad to hear You have not changed at all :birthday:
DD

And don't forget to ask about record breaking fundraising for the kids!

Ya Tell Us ..WW... what up with that ?

The Board has been waiting for those awesome pictures and diving reports.

"I'm Just Saying" :)

Bubski

:) Bubs, Isn't that supposed to be "All Y'all"

Just my Yankee 2 Psi

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#48 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hi Everyone that went to Roatan.

It was a fun week.

The extra night at the 'resort' was fun.
I was the only guest there, and they still served breakfast, lunch and dinner. Actually, I did see Neptuner. He was alive and going to Utila for another week of diving and playing scuba songs. When asked if i would join the band, i told him that I would be down in a few days... needed to get my drums back in Colorado.

The kitchen staff was ready for us.
When i asked why so much food, they said they wanted to be ready in case they had walk ins. Walk in traffic there? Not going to happen.

While alone at the resort, and itching to get out,l George, the 'A' boat dive master, took me around to Coxan Hole, showed me where he lived in Flowers Bay, and then to the West End. We took a complete 2 hrs to do this and got back by dinner.

I went back out later Saturday night to check out the local scene. Brian and his testacles were playing again. I think that was the name of the band. They were good... they rocked. This was the same band that played the one night we all went out.

Anyway, Ted and Cam, the owners, took a new friend of mine back to the ghetto, and me to the airport. i say 'ghetto' will a smile of love and admiration.

That was Yesterday.

Today was 3 more planes, but i am home sweet home.

Flying into Aspen is like going on vacation again.

My dog Casey met a skunk apparently while i was away, so needless to say, it is nice to be home.

Great to see some old friends and to meet some new ones.

Have a great week!

Mitch E.
ShedCityUSA

Carbondale, CO. (the ghetto)

Great report Mitch, now get your avatar uploaded :respect:

Jeff

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

#49 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:52 PM

I managed to get a few of my better photos uploaded. Let me know what you think. Not my best work but I was a little impatient this trip for some reason.

Fred

It wasn't by some chance because of your, ahem, :) buddy Eh ? :respect: :)

Jeff

#50 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

I went back out later Saturday night to check out the local scene. Brian and his testacles were playing again. I think that was the name of the band. They were good... they rocked. This was the same band that played the one night we all went out.

Mitch,

I think it's "Brion and the Genitals". He must have a hard time getting band mates with a name like that. It'd be an even tougher sell to find other bandmates to be "his testicles". I had wanted to go back to that spot the next night but I didn't want to miss the pig roast. Sounds like you had a good last day.

Anthony

You say genitals; Mitch says testicles ; Let's call the whole thing off :respect: !!

Jeff

#51 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

I managed to get a few of my better photos uploaded. Let me know what you think. Not my best work but I was a little impatient this trip for some reason.

Fred

It wasn't by some chance because of your, ahem, :birthday: buddy Eh ? :respect: :birthday:

Jeff

Not a chance. I had plenty of time!!!! :) :) Just didn't use it.
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#52 CoralBeauty

CoralBeauty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:OWI - 51, most in Cozumel
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

Roatan was awesome! The shark & dolphin dives were definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It was great meeting everyone and diving with you all, or should I say y'all. I've got to go through my pictures and figure out how to post on this site and I will probably post the shark video I took on "youtube". Sisiq-- glad you made your flight. I had a couple of martinis while I waited for my departure which left & landed on time. Martinis are as effective as xanex which I did not know but will remember for other trips.
Anthony

Its not hard. Click on this link here.

1. Click on the far right tab/button that says NEW IMAGE.
2. It will open a dialog box where you enter the title of your picture and the same info in the box. (Note you must enter something in the subject line AND the dialog box.)
3. Choose to add the copywrite info if you like.
4. Then click on BROWSE button to locate the picture on your harddrive.
5. Then click on POST IMAGE button at the very bottom.
6. And you can choose to let you know if others make comments about your pictures. (This is optional!)

Its that simple. Simply do the same to load another picture! :birthday:

I tried this, and just get a blank screen that says "done" at the bottom.
What am I doing wrong?

Edited by CoralBeauty, 11 September 2008 - 02:08 PM.

Jo-Ann

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,594 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

Hey girl...getting one of our IT gurus to help you! Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

Roatan was awesome! The shark & dolphin dives were definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It was great meeting everyone and diving with you all, or should I say y'all. I've got to go through my pictures and figure out how to post on this site and I will probably post the shark video I took on "youtube". Sisiq-- glad you made your flight. I had a couple of martinis while I waited for my departure which left & landed on time. Martinis are as effective as xanex which I did not know but will remember for other trips.
Anthony

Its not hard. Click on this link here.

1. Click on the far right tab/button that says NEW IMAGE.
2. It will open a dialog box where you enter the title of your picture and the same info in the box. (Note you must enter something in the subject line AND the dialog box.)
3. Choose to add the copywrite info if you like.
4. Then click on BROWSE button to locate the picture on your harddrive.
5. Then click on POST IMAGE button at the very bottom.
6. And you can choose to let you know if others make comments about your pictures. (This is optional!)

Its that simple. Simply do the same to load another picture! :birthday:

I tried this, and just get a blank screen that says "done" at the bottom.
What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem. What worked for me was to reduce the size. I think that the Board gets a little cranky if pictures are too big. May be incidental but it seemed to work.

Fred
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#55 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

I had the same problem. What worked for me was to reduce the size. I think that the Board gets a little cranky if pictures are too big. May be incidental but it seemed to work.

That is true. Large pictures cause the resize engine to hang up. The best way to upload a picture is to make sure it is less than 100K in size and in PNG, GIF, JPG or JPEG format. Any other format will give you the error you saw. Feel free to write me if you need assistance. :birthday:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#56 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

Roatan was awesome! The shark & dolphin dives were definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It was great meeting everyone and diving with you all, or should I say y'all. I've got to go through my pictures and figure out how to post on this site and I will probably post the shark video I took on "youtube". Susiq-- glad you made your flight. I had a couple of martinis while I waited for my departure which left & landed on time. Martinis are as effective as xanex which I did not know but will remember for other trips.
Anthony

Glad I made it too.....really didn't believe I could --3 terminals and a pokey little train away......did it in under 10 mins. the best sprint of my airport experiences... my bag got left behind but they delivered it to my door in Manhattan early Sunday AM.....whew!!! How about that for a Delta special service....

It really was a great week, terrific diving and hanging out with everyone. I'm just sorry we couldn't say a real good bye, as our airport van left at 7 AM..... but I already miss you all and hope to dive again with you all in the future!!

Pix and videos, please!!! Can't wait to see 'em.

SusiQ :cheerleader:

Glad to hear you got your bags, Lil' Mermaid still has no word on hers and its 5 days and counting. Thank god for trip insurance.

#57 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

Above water Flora & Fauna

small_ROATAN_20SEPT_202008_20SINGLEDIVER_COM_20193_REDUCED.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• small_ROATAN_20SEPT_202008_20SINGLEDIVER_COM_20193_REDUCED.jpg

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#58 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

small_Roatan_20Wet_20Sept_202008__20Singledivers_20099_pic_99_REDUCED.jpg This Spotted Ray was way deep & long swim away.small_Roatan_20Wet_20Sept_202008__20Singledivers_20100_pic100REDUCED.jpg
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#59 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

Anemone.jpg
Here's a great anemone on my 100th dive..... too bad the wild dolphin left the scene too quick to be photographed!

Edited by susiq, 11 September 2008 - 09:35 PM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#60 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Palms and a parrothead! THAT'S Island Time for sure!!

Palms_and_a_Parrothead_.jpg
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users