• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

00: SOLD OUT!!! Grenada & The Grenadines for New Year's Eve!

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:44 AM

I'm in for the Grenada trip - standard room - need a hotel room for 12/26/08.

I'll be arriving GND from MIA on AA 2171 at 9:40 p.m. on 12/26/08. I'll be returning to MIA from GND on AA 2174 at 9:45 a.m. on 1/3/09.

I'll be driving from Orlando to Miami on 12/26/08. If there is anyone else from the Orlando area on the trip who would like to car pool to Miami please contact me.

Octoeight

AWESOME! Still working on all the details for you but basically the only thing you didn't have correct pricewise was the room in Grenada for an extra night. It is $125 per person vs $54. :(

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hey WW,
This sounds like fun;

"Bill would be more than happy to accommodate your requests to teach on the trip. He does teach his deep class a bit different than many meaning he teaches it to the max standards vs the min standards. His reason is he is usually preparing someone to continue doing deeper and more technical dives so he 'starts them off right'. There are things you will learn such as many different ways of using redundant air sources that is not manditory but certainly very useful"

How do I get involved? Any line on flights ? Glad to here Scott will still be comin' along.

Thanks,
Ed

Hey Ed, I saw you requested a wreck class in Curacao, is that going to happen? I might be pushing it too much but that is another one I might be able to do in Grenada if its logistically possible. As it stands now I will probably be 1 specialty away from an MSD rating by the end of Grenada without it. It will be pushing it to get to 50 dives in Grenada though so it might not happen anyway. I will probably be right on the verge of an MSD either way.

Scott

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

Hi WW,

Cmdr. Clownfish is humbly requesting permission to reboard the boat, ma'am!!!

Between a bunch of PMs I've gotten from several people encouraging me to go (thanks all) and your post about the water conditions I've decided I WOULD like to go if it is still possible. The water sounds about like Roatan, so that should be fine.

D/o (single bed), nitrox, arriving on the 26th, leaving on the 3rd.

Also the PH website says they offer Night and Deep classes onboard. I would like to take these classes, preferably from Bill but the PH staff instructor will do if that is not possible.

Thanks again to everybody for their flurry of PM's over the last week :(, This will be a great group and a great Berthday (get it... boat... berth... well I though it was clever).

Scott

Yea!! Glad you're coming. I was hoping we'd get to celebrate another birthday (er...berthday :fish: ) on the trip. No, WW this does not mean I participate in said "activities" but it does mean I liked being able to wish someone happy birthday!! :-D

Yea!!! I'm glad your glad. My dad finally approved of me blowing money on trips around the world this morning so that makes me happy too. I was getting the "you're gonna need that money one day" lecture but he finally gave in. That complaint is dead and buried now. :cool1:

he he, score one for the Clownfish :lmao:

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

I'm wondering if anybody can give me any airfare advice here. I booked through Orbitz to the Bahamas. I booked Continental all the way through. Continental doesn't service Grenada and Orbitz will only allow me to change the tickets to another flight on the same carrier. I can have them as a credit on Continental until June 21, 2009 then the airline will unfairly take my money and run, unless they change that date without telling me and do it sooner. So it appears that I have to buy a whole new ticket that is on the order of $1500 and throw this old one away. I have trip insurance, does anyone have experience getting money out of trip insurance?

Anybody know the date for Bonaire next year, maybe I could use it there if Continental services Bonaire?

#35 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

I'm wondering if anybody can give me any airfare advice here. I booked through Orbitz to the Bahamas. I booked Continental all the way through. Continental doesn't service Grenada and Orbitz will only allow me to change the tickets to another flight on the same carrier. I can have them as a credit on Continental until June 21, 2009 then the airline will unfairly take my money and run, unless they change that date without telling me and do it sooner. So it appears that I have to buy a whole new ticket that is on the order of $1500 and throw this old one away. I have trip insurance, does anyone have experience getting money out of trip insurance?

Anybody know the date for Bonaire next year, maybe I could use it there if Continental services Bonaire?

what you could do is buy a new ticket to Grenada and then use the Continental ticket to Bonnaire in June! The trip dates are June 20th to 27th

Continental flys from Houston to Bonaire non stop Friday nights so you get in at 530am on Saturday morning; then they fly back Saturday morning around 730am or so; so you could just add the DFW to IAH flight of your choice. The nice thing about doing CO to Bonaire is you can shore dive on Saturday and then boat dive Sunday to Thursday

#36 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

I'll tell you what I did...can't say it's the easiest way to get to Grenada but it's what I did. I booked first through Priceline on Continental for the Bahamas. Since they don't have direct flights to Grenada I explored a bit on Orbitz and found an option using Continental and LIAT airlines - Houston airport(IAH) to Port of Spain, Trinidad on Continental and LIAT airlines Port of Spain to Grenada. I couldn't use Orbitz (or thought I couldn't...) and long story short, I worked with Continental to get me to Port of Spain and just booked the separate ticket with LIAT air -- at about the same cost as my original ticket (about 1000). The negatives...I have about a 200 dollar credit with Continental that I'll have to use in the same time frame as what you described (but better than 1000 credit) and I wasn't able to get the flight that I saw on Orbitz with Continental. You might have better luck though since you can work with Orbitz...if you sort out Dallas to IAH (I see you are in the Fort Worth area.) Just my $.02 :(

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

what you could do is buy a new ticket to Grenada and then use the Continental ticket to Bonnaire in June! The trip dates are June 20th to 27th

Continental flys from Houston to Bonaire non stop Friday nights so you get in at 530am on Saturday morning; then they fly back Saturday morning around 730am or so; so you could just add the DFW to IAH flight of your choice. The nice thing about doing CO to Bonaire is you can shore dive on Saturday and then boat dive Sunday to Thursday

This will work as long as I CHANGE the flight and not CANCEL the flight and try to book the ticket later. Canceling incurs a use-by date that is in the middle of the Bonaire trip and obviously changing does not. After way too many hours of research I think this is definitely the way to go. Thanks

Edited by Cmdr. Clownfish, 21 September 2008 - 08:02 AM.

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

I'll tell you what I did...can't say it's the easiest way to get to Grenada but it's what I did. I booked first through Priceline on Continental for the Bahamas. Since they don't have direct flights to Grenada I explored a bit on Orbitz and found an option using Continental and LIAT airlines - Houston airport(IAH) to Port of Spain, Trinidad on Continental and LIAT airlines Port of Spain to Grenada. I couldn't use Orbitz (or thought I couldn't...) and long story short, I worked with Continental to get me to Port of Spain and just booked the separate ticket with LIAT air -- at about the same cost as my original ticket (about 1000). The negatives...I have about a 200 dollar credit with Continental that I'll have to use in the same time frame as what you described (but better than 1000 credit) and I wasn't able to get the flight that I saw on Orbitz with Continental. You might have better luck though since you can work with Orbitz...if you sort out Dallas to IAH (I see you are in the Fort Worth area.) Just my $.02 :(

Hmmm, I think I understand this. I'll check with Continental. Orbitz is no help.

• Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

#40 knighthawk

knighthawk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv.OW
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hey WW,
This sounds like fun;

"Bill would be more than happy to accommodate your requests to teach on the trip. He does teach his deep class a bit different than many meaning he teaches it to the max standards vs the min standards. His reason is he is usually preparing someone to continue doing deeper and more technical dives so he 'starts them off right'. There are things you will learn such as many different ways of using redundant air sources that is not manditory but certainly very useful"

How do I get involved? Any line on flights ? Glad to here Scott will still be comin' along.

Thanks,
Ed

Hey Ed, I saw you requested a wreck class in Curacao, is that going to happen? I might be pushing it too much but that is another one I might be able to do in Grenada if its logistically possible. As it stands now I will probably be 1 specialty away from an MSD rating by the end of Grenada without it. It will be pushing it to get to 50 dives in Grenada though so it might not happen anyway. I will probably be right on the verge of an MSD either way.

Scott

Hey Cmdr C, If you are high #'s remember Curacao offers unlimited shore diving. and as far as certs go I have yet to get any confermation.I will pass the word when it happens.

Ed
Ed

" The trick is to fill up your bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck." CC

#41 knighthawk

knighthawk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv.OW
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

WW,
Add me to the Grenada list, same same, I'll send the difference for the extra night (12-26-08) and any other additional charges as soon as everything gets added up. Also whats the charge for the deep dive cert and what do I need to prep for it.

Thanks, Ed
Ed

" The trick is to fill up your bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck." CC

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hey WW,
This sounds like fun;

Thanks,
Ed

Scott

Hey Cmdr C, If you are high #'s remember Curacao offers unlimited shore diving. and as far as certs go I have yet to get any confermation.I will pass the word when it happens.

Ed

Curacao is out for me, gotta work :clapping: Wreck course in Grenada may not be doable. I think the only wreck is pretty darn deep and probably not a choice for a course but we will see. Thanks.

BTW: if you haven't changed your ticket yet AND you booked on Continental then you might want to just change it over another trip... like Bonaire... and just buy a brand new ticket on American to Grenada. Its painful to get to Grenada on Continental but easy on American.

Scott

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

I have my flight details:

Arr: Dec 26 9:40pm on AA#2171
Dep: Jan 3 9:45am on AA#2174

I decided to take my Continental flight and use it for a Bonaire ticket and get a decent flight to Grenada instead.

The old and new itineraries are on the way to the trips email address. They have proof of what I paid for each.

Thanks
CC

#44 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hey WW,
This sounds like fun;

Thanks,
Ed

Scott

Ed

Curacao is out for me, gotta work :teeth: Wreck course in Grenada may not be doable. I think the only wreck is pretty darn deep and probably not a choice for a course but we will see. Thanks.

BTW: if you haven't changed your ticket yet AND you booked on Continental then you might want to just change it over another trip... like Bonaire... and just buy a brand new ticket on American to Grenada. Its painful to get to Grenada on Continental but easy on American.

Scott

Grenada has some shallow wrecks compared to the BIANCA, During singles week in 2007 some divers took a wreck course. Ss
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#45 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

I was thinking Grenada has some wrecks that aren't as deep as the Bianca C but can't remember any of the names right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users