• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

12: Florida (WPB) Dive Show Dec 5 & 6, 2009 WPB Convention Ctr.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

Ok, I can help you out both days, but may need to leave earlier on Sunday!

That works for me! I may have to leave on Sunday as well depending on what I can get for a flight. I will have to priceline one as I have waited too long. Heck the flight is more money to FLL than to Bonaire in March! YIKES!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Board Status:Getting back into the swing of things
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

Heck the flight is more money to FLL than to Bonaire in March! YIKES!!! :teeth:

If you need me, I'm planning on driving down. If you could get to Atlanta, you're welcome to catch a ride.
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#48 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

Mark and Holly, you are both on the list for booth duty. Will you be able to make it to the happy hour as well?

#49 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:23 AM

Mark and Holly, you are both on the list for booth duty. Will you be able to make it to the happy hour as well?

I haven't seen anything about the HH yet, just getting back around on the board. If It's Friday I can probably be there! :flirt:

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

HH is usually Sat when the show is Sat & Sun. Of course we get together on Friday and after the show on Sunday if I am departing the next day.

I am a bit behind the powercurve on this show so will try to step it up a bit! I also need some help from the locals as to something close to the show for the HH...any ideas???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

Heck the flight is more money to FLL than to Bonaire in March! YIKES!!! :flirt:

If you need me, I'm planning on driving down. If you could get to Atlanta, you're welcome to catch a ride.

Cool that could work! When are you leaving and coming back? K

formerly...

#52 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

Heck the flight is more money to FLL than to Bonaire in March! YIKES!!! :lmao:

Kinda depends on where everyone is staying. In WPB we have held a lot of HH's at the Tiki Bar. There is another place on the water closer to the Convention Center though that might be better ( I think it's called E. R Bradley's) but I'll have to check it out. Any other Ideas anyone? Is anyone already rolling with the HH?

Holly

#53 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Heck the flight is more money to FLL than to Bonaire in March! YIKES!!! :cool1:

Kinda depends on where everyone is staying. In WPB we have held a lot of HH's at the Tiki Bar. There is another place on the water closer to the Convention Center though that might be better ( I think it's called E. R Bradley's) but I'll have to check it out. Any other Ideas anyone? Is anyone already rolling with the HH?

Holly

Nobody is rolling with the HH yet Holly. That would be great if you could check into a location. It's always a plus when you know the area. :lmao:

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:07 AM

Holly

Nobody is rolling with the HH yet Holly. That would be great if you could check into a location. It's always a plus when you know the area. :evilgrin:

Thank you Holly! That would be a great help! I remember using someplace that was walking distance from the show a few years back...as I recall it wasn't too high priced but it was a bit crowded with normal holiday shoppers. But it may also work as it would save on parking for those at the hotel near the show and/or already parked for the show. Guess I'll have to look at the old thread to remember the name of it!

formerly...

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

Heck the flight is more money to FLL than to Bonaire in March! YIKES!!! :lmao:

Ok that is set....I will drive to Atlanta and Mark and I will be driving to the show on Friday for early set up on Saturday and then we'll drive back on Monday. That gives us plenty of time to support the show fully and lets us get some rest before the long ride back. :evilgrin: Mark!

Now to find a hotel reasonably priced for the two of us to crash in near the convention center...

formerly...

#56 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Holly

Nobody is rolling with the HH yet Holly. That would be great if you could check into a location. It's always a plus when you know the area. :evilgrin:

Thank you Holly! That would be a great help! I remember using someplace that was walking distance from the show a few years back...as I recall it wasn't too high priced but it was a bit crowded with normal holiday shoppers. But it may also work as it would save on parking for those at the hotel near the show and/or already parked for the show. Guess I'll have to look at the old thread to remember the name of it!

Yes, if you could do that it would help. The convention center is walking distance from City Place a downtown pedestrian area with shops, retaurants galor, and sometimes an open air band. Then there is also E.R Bradleys. Do you prefer a Saturday HH or Friday? Let me know and I will see if some one will give us a deal on drinks/h'ordeurves. Anyone with any ideas chime in!

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

Holly

Nobody is rolling with the HH yet Holly. That would be great if you could check into a location. It's always a plus when you know the area. :thankyou:

Yes, if you could do that it would help. The convention center is walking distance from City Place a downtown pedestrian area with shops, retaurants galor, and sometimes an open air band. Then there is also E.R Bradleys. Do you prefer a Saturday HH or Friday? Let me know and I will see if some one will give us a deal on drinks/h'ordeurves. Anyone with any ideas chime in!

It was definately in City Place. The best night I think for the HH is Saturday as many will show up for the show that day and hopefully join us that evening.

Unless you think peeps want it on Friday? I'm sure Sat is more difficult to get any kind of discount than Friday. The other advantage to Sat is that many people in the show will join us so that helps build numbers for the event! k

formerly...

#58 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

Holly

Nobody is rolling with the HH yet Holly. That would be great if you could check into a location. It's always a plus when you know the area. :cool2:

It was definately in City Place. The best night I think for the HH is Saturday as many will show up for the show that day and hopefully join us that evening.

Unless you think peeps want it on Friday? I'm sure Sat is more difficult to get any kind of discount than Friday. The other advantage to Sat is that many people in the show will join us so that helps build numbers for the event! k

I don't think ANYONE in City Place will give us a deal as it is a major draw on the weekend. I think that you are right to want to do it on Saturday to get new people we pick up at the convention center a chance to join us. I'll go downtown & scope things out to see if we can at least get a large table reserved.

#59 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hey Kamala,
I'm still available. Let me know if you need me and when. I cleared my schedule for that weekend. It's not that far of a drive. I guess I could technically be called a "local". But you could import me as well.

I'm putting you on both lists for booth help and the HH. :birthday:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 22 November 2009 - 02:57 PM.

Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

GREAT NEWS! The show coordinator and I worked out the kinks and we are doing the show! So I'll get to see everyone afterall! :wakawaka:

BAD NEWS....

I have been speaking to the promoter of this show and it seems we can not come to terms. We had been providing volunteers for the 4 shows run by this promoter in exchange for a reduced rate for the booth.

And while it pains me to do this, it looks like we will have to cancel as either I misunderstood the original arrangement or the promoter has changed the original arrangement stating he has plenty of volunteers in Florida since he lives in Florida. I had no idea until yesterday we even had an issue. At this point we can not come up with the extra monies needed to do this show. I am still talking to the promoter but not sure we'll make headway.

I am especially sad as I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and I am truly disappointed on a number of fronts. We have worked hard for this promoter and provided him top quality support and we have benefited from the arrangement as well giving us exposure at shows we could not otherwise afford to attend.

I will keep you posted as I do not see a final resolution until Friday at the earliest.

Thank you sooooooooooo much to those who have offered to drive, let us stay at their place, come and work the booth, set up Happy Hours etc. Of course there is no reason that you all can't attend the show...and hopefully we'll be there.

Stay tuned....

Edited by WreckWench, 29 November 2009 - 01:32 PM.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users