• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

02: Eastern PR & St Croix Nekton Pilot Valentines Special Feb 14-21

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#76 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Yes it was to be paid in full but I convinced the boat that MORE people would sign up if they only paid the deposit! So as long as we get more people signing up for this for a chance to win...the game is 2 chances if paid in full and 1 chance if deposited! :teeth:

p.s NOTE UPDATED POST!!!

Maybe we could also convince the boat that more people would sign up if they would reduce or eliminate the $150 fuel surcharge now that fuel prices have dropped. That way everyone wins! That's probably wishful thinking though on my part.... :cool1: :o

Totally hear you on this one but no one is confident that fuel will remain low for very long. Most of the boats were very reluctant to put one on in the first place so they ate a lot of losses to begin with. So they have been fuel averaging for a long time. To my KNOWLEDGE no liveaboard has removed fuel surcharges including Aggessor, Peter Hughes, EV, etc. So I know we'll have them awhile longer until fuel drops further and there is any REAL indication that it is going to stay that way.

But I am always revisiting the subject. However with the great deal on the original price...we are doing pretty good! :twist:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#77 OceansEye

OceansEye

Getting started

• SD Partners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Billions and billions

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:04 AM

I'm already booked and learned of your trip afterwards. See y'all there !
Mike

Not technically correct...my understanding is you are now part of the group...that is if you want to be! And I understand you have two others in your mini-group! I've spoken with the boat and you are ALL part of the week...prizes, t-shirts and all! :welcome:

sweet ! my other buddy who is going with us is a member here lars2923 .. i love t shirts :-D

Excellent! Get Lars to post as well...we'd love to get to know him better! And there is a gal with you as well right?

Hello,
Some of us may have met in the past. 2005 the Singledivers met at Ginnie Springs. I was there.
I am a PADI MSDT Instructor, Videographer. Been diving for 30 years... This will be my fourth Nekton trip.
So let's Dive DiVe DIVE...!
I will take one of those Nitrox slots you have available. Let me know how mucho and how to pay (paypal?)
I'll be seeing you on the boat. Mike (mcm007) and I will be arriving San Juan via Delta at around 5:20PM Saturday.
Look for the two dudes with a sh_t eating grin on our faces.

See you soon,
Lars

#78 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

Yes it was to be paid in full but I convinced the boat that MORE people would sign up if they only paid the deposit! So as long as we get more people signing up for this for a chance to win...the game is 2 chances if paid in full and 1 chance if deposited! :-D

p.s NOTE UPDATED POST!!!

Maybe we could also convince the boat that more people would sign up if they would reduce or eliminate the $150 fuel surcharge now that fuel prices have dropped. That way everyone wins! That's probably wishful thinking though on my part.... :pray: :welcome:

Totally hear you on this one but no one is confident that fuel will remain low for very long. Most of the boats were very reluctant to put one on in the first place so they ate a lot of losses to begin with. So they have been fuel averaging for a long time. To my KNOWLEDGE no liveaboard has removed fuel surcharges including Aggessor, Peter Hughes, EV, etc. So I know we'll have them awhile longer until fuel drops further and there is any REAL indication that it is going to stay that way.

But I am always revisiting the subject. However with the great deal on the original price...we are doing pretty good! :teeth:

If it eases the pain any...................we just got stuck with a 400 fuel charge for a live a board for a boat in Dec 09! :) Guess they think the fuel might go back up by then. :)

Edited by Starfish Sandy, 07 December 2008 - 07:49 AM.

Known puker

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:57 AM

If it eases the pain any...................we just got stuck with a 400 fuel charge for a live a board for a boat in Dec 09! :welcome: Guess they think the fuel might go back up by then. :-D

Absolutely it will go up and they know it. Talk is already happening about reducing oil production so that will certainly stem the downward trend. Suffice it to say we don't discuss politics on this site...not even me...but there is no firm belief that oil prices will remain low for any extended time. :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#80 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

Hello,
Some of us may have met in the past. 2005 the Singledivers met at Ginnie Springs. I was there.
I am a PADI MSDT Instructor, Videographer. Been diving for 30 years... This will be my fourth Nekton trip.
So let's Dive DiVe DIVE...!
I will take one of those Nitrox slots you have available. Let me know how mucho and how to pay (paypal?)
I'll be seeing you on the boat. Mike (mcm007) and I will be arriving San Juan via Delta at around 5:20PM Saturday.

See you soon,
Lars

Hey Lars that is great! Post a picture and I'm sure I'll remember you...I was certainly at the Ginnie Springs event...heck I organized it! :teeth:

We could use a videographer on this trip so email me at kamala@singledivers.com or upgrade to premeir member on our site and pm me at wreckwench and we can talk about it if you are interested!

Nekton is a great group and we'll be doing more with them going forward! And we can do all your private bookings as well including your repeat customer discounts you get from them AND us! :-D

As I mentioned before...you have officially been made part of our bookings by Nekton so you are PART OF THE GROUP BABY!!!! :welcome:

Which means we'd like for you to fill out the survey we use so we can get some basic info on you for the trip. Since you've pre-picked your roomie and perhaps your diving buddy...we won't need that info but in case you opt to dive with another instructor/photographer we have at least one on the trip and that can be arranged too! (Our dive pros never get asked to work a trip unless they are paid so thats cool too!)

To take a nitrox spot you need to post in this thread you want it which you've done and then pay for it. Its really only yours once its paid for since they are limited. We have about 5 more slots left. You can send the $ via paypal (see the first post for full payment info for paypal, check or credit card) and don't forget to put your FULL REAL NAME, Screen name and TRIP NAME and Nitrox in the info somehow either in the memo line or the comments box. Our accountant needs that info! And don't forget to include 3% if paying via paypal or credit card...our prices are all cash discounted prices. You can also fax a check for INSTANT payment and then mail the original. We have a form that you attach the check to in the forms forum that is linked in my signature. I'll send you the password next.

Let us know if you have any other questions about the trip...its going to be great! :pray:

formerly...

#81 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

Mike (mcm007) and I will be arriving San Juan via Delta at around 5:20PM Saturday.

See you soon,
Lars

Hey Lars - Are you flying in from Atlanta? If so, you will be on the same flight as Rumblebee and myself.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#82 OceansEye

OceansEye

Getting started

• SD Partners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

Mike (mcm007) and I will be arriving San Juan via Delta at around 5:20PM Saturday.

See you soon,
Lars

Hey Lars - Are you flying in from Atlanta? If so, you will be on the same flight as Rumblebee and myself.

Yes maam... We will be flying through Atlanta..
You wont be able to miss us.. We'll be the two guys looking like we've been partying all day long.. :-)
Row 21...

#83 OceansEye

OceansEye

Getting started

• SD Partners
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Yes it was to be paid in full but I convinced the boat that MORE people would sign up if they only paid the deposit! So as long as we get more people signing up for this for a chance to win...the game is 2 chances if paid in full and 1 chance if deposited! :-D

p.s NOTE UPDATED POST!!!

Maybe we could also convince the boat that more people would sign up if they would reduce or eliminate the $150 fuel surcharge now that fuel prices have dropped. That way everyone wins! That's probably wishful thinking though on my part.... :pray: :welcome:

But I am always revisiting the subject. However with the great deal on the original price...we are doing pretty good! :teeth:

As long as they bank the fuel charge today, if not really needed today so to keep diver cost down in the future.

#84 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

See you soon,
Lars

Yes maam... We will be flying through Atlanta..
You wont be able to miss us.. We'll be the two guys looking like we've been partying all day long.. :-)
Row 21...

:welcome: I am in row 24 right now, but hope to upgrade to an exit row seat at check in.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#85 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

Document Update:

1. Ellen aka tcdamsel: Received your Survey! :thankyou:

Payment Update:

1. Lars aka lars2923: Received your payment of $200.85 for Nitrox, includes pp fee :cool1: (Thank you for including full real name, screen name, trip name and detailed description of what you were paying for! Great job for the first time!) :lmao:
2. Beth aka Bubbles: Received your payment of $200.85 for Nitrox, includes pp fee! :iagree:

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

Important Update:

I have confirmed the Single Supplement Price: $870.55*

(*It is 50% of the regular trip price or $870.55)

formerly...

#87 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

Document Update:

1. Maurice aka EuroDiver: Received your Survey, Waiver and NF! :cool2:

I guess this means you want to sign up for this trip! :(

Please sign on this thread and let me know if you will be diving nitrox, d/o or s/o, etc.

#88 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Payment Update:

1. Ellen aka TCDamsel ww got your total cc payments and forms for trip $1445, Rent-A-Buddy $150, Nitrox $195 (nitrox already pd along with $500 dep) and your 3% fees. :cool2:

Don't forget to let us know if you want the round trip shuttle which is $75.

Document Update:

1. Ellen aka TCDamsel ww got your waiver via fax! :(

#89 EuroDiver

EuroDiver

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:240

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

Maurice aka EuroDiver D/O, paid in full (check by e-mail), Nitrox paid

14 -21 FEB 2009 trip to Eastern Puerto Rico & St. Croix, AVI

#90 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Maurice aka EuroDiver D/O, paid in full (check by e-mail), Nitrox paid

14 -21 FEB 2009 trip to Eastern Puerto Rico & St. Croix, AVI

Thanks Maurice...now you've got the hang of it! And you are now OFFICIALLY signed up and on the trip! :cool1:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users