• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Preliminary 2005 Calendar

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:52 AM

I think you are talking about the Biance C....AWESOME WRECK!!! Same class as the Andria Doria but in shallow water. As for a 2006 destination...it will be one of our jaunts AS SOON AS THEY ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! -ww

It’s a shame that most Italian cruise liners are now great wreck dives. See, us poor Italians don't get any breaks, do we?! :teeth:

#92 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:19 AM

Biance C  How did you guess that was where I was trying to head to?!?  Well.. now probably not until in the 2006 SD year. :birthday:

Capt Saaz - Definately keep me posted.  And I appreciate all the great info so far. :teeth: I really.. really wanna go!
Also, think you can hook me up with a nice map or the directions.. and maybe a ride back from the distillary? I want to make sure I don't miss any of the important sites! 

That's the one WW.... We got a story on shore about how the ship was actually in St George Harbor and was on fire or something and that the fire couldn't be contained so they abandonded ship... They rushed a couple tugboats out to it and pulled it out otherwise it would have sank and blocked the harbor. It was pulled towards Carriacou until it sank. :birthday:

Vanessa... if we get to go to Grenada, we'll rent a car one day and find it. It wasn't far from St George... I still have the reciept, Westerhall Estates. I came back with 4 bottles of rum, cost was only about $20 and customs didn't even blink. :birthday:

Dan :birthday:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#93 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:22 AM

It’s a shame that most Italian cruise liners are now great wreck dives. See, us poor Italians don't get any breaks, do we?! :teeth:

The boat sank but the food was awesome! j/k...
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#94 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:44 AM

It’s a shame that most Italian cruise liners are now great wreck dives.

Well... I'm w/ Capt Saaz...

You Italians might be able to cook.. but you might want to learn how to captain boats better! :birthday:

But, hey.. more wrecks for me!
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#95 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

Hey kamala, If you do a saturday to saturday trip to cozy in january 05, go ahead and count me in. :birthday:
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#96 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,690 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:59 AM

Hey kamala, If you do a saturday to saturday trip to cozy in january 05, go ahead and count me in. :o

Hey Flatwood...our Cozy trip is very unique in that you can do it Fri to Fri OR Sat to Sat and be part of the same group! In fact you can do it for only 4 days and still be part of the same group! Here are the details so far! See you there! -ww

Cozy Jan 2005 Trip Link

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#97 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:15 PM

Grenada...
It'll recover and will be anxious for tourists...
That's about it... :wakawaka:
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#98 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:31 PM

I'm planning to do whatever it takes to make the Grenada Trip.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#99 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,690 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:54 PM

Biance C

How did you guess that was where I was trying to head to?!? Well.. now probably not until in the 2006 SD year. :cool1:

Capt Saaz - Definately keep me posted. And I appreciate all the great info so far. :wakawaka: I really.. really wanna go!
Also, think you can hook me up with a nice map or the directions.. and maybe a ride back from the distillary? I want to make sure I don't miss any of the important sites!

~Vanessa
:elf:

As I know the island well now...don't worry...we'll hit ALL the hot spots...that is as soon as they are rebuilt! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#100 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,690 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

I'm planning to do whatever it takes to make the Grenada Trip.

I'm with you! It seems the hotel I wanted to stay at was damaged but not devestated...so was the dive operator I wanted to use. However....the rest of the island looks pretty non-existent! We'll be watching closely to see how she recovers! I'm ready, willing and able....

formerly...

#101 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:57 PM

Finally putting in my two cents......

- A week at CoCo View on Roatan... wall and wreck diving from the beach? oh yeah....

- Bonaire... I've heard it called "diver's paradise," "best dive spot in the world," etc. so I want to see if it lives up to the hype

- A liveaboard anywhere would be fun, unless y'all think we're such a wild bunch that we'd drive each other nuts trapped on a boat together....

- California (Catalina, Channel Islands, etc.), but don't wait all the way till October! True, prices and crowds in Avalon (Catalina) will settle down by then, but such a trip could also come before the busy/expensive season, instead of after.... but then again, probably better to dive in water that's warm and cooling, instead of cold and warming.... Look at me, I'm debating myself, wheeeeee!!

- I'd like to come dive with all you lovely ladies in Texas, so maybe I'll try to make one of these Flower Garden dives. I've never heard of this place... where do you stay and how do you get there? I assume you camp somewhere, based on the photos and chatter about the recent trip, but I know nothing about this destination.....

Whatever the 2005 calendar holds, I hope to go on at least a couple of trips and meet y'all!

#102 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,690 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:28 PM

Finally putting in my two cents......

And a darn good .02 cents it is!!! :diver:

- A week at CoCo View on Roatan... wall and wreck diving from the beach? oh yeah....

If we do Roatan again next year...I like CoCo View or The Inn of Last Resort!

- Bonaire... I've heard it called "diver's paradise," "best dive spot in the world," etc. so I want to see if it lives up to the hype

It does live up to its hype. It should be on the 2005 calendar again it was so good!

- A liveaboard anywhere would be fun, unless y'all think we're such a wild bunch that we'd drive each other nuts trapped on a boat together....

We are definitely doing one Saba/St Kitts (its a liveaboard and land combo) and possibly two...Turks and Caicos over Memorial Day.

- California (Catalina, Channel Islands, etc.), but don't wait all the way till October! True, prices and crowds in Avalon (Catalina) will settle down by then, but such a trip could also come before the busy/expensive season, instead of after.... but then again, probably better to dive in water that's warm and cooling, instead of cold and warming.... Look at me, I'm debating myself, wheeeeee!!

Yes I had the same debate and ended with Warm and cooling vs. Cold and Warming! But we may be able to do CA in August of Next year vs. October or September! But we will be doing CA next year...got my drysuit so I'm ready to go!

- I'd like to come dive with all you lovely ladies in Texas, so maybe I'll try to make one of these Flower Garden dives. I've never heard of this place... where do you stay and how do you get there? I assume you camp somewhere, based on the photos and chatter about the recent trip, but I know nothing about this destination.....

The camping is done at Athens Scuba Park...Texas Flower Gardens is a weekend liveaboard...but either way...there will be lots of women! As for details...don't worry...as soon as we have our dates locked in...we'll have all the details posted soon!

Whatever the 2005 calendar holds, I hope to go on at least a couple of trips and meet y'all!

So far we have:

Jan: Cozy FIRM
April: Saba/St Kitts FRIM
Memorial Day Weekend: Turks and Caicos???
June: Florida
July 4th weekend: NC Wrecks and Sharks FIRM
mid or late July: Texas Flower Gardens
Mid to late Aug: NC Wrecks and Sharks FIRM
2nd weekend in Aug: California???
Labor Day Weekend: SOMEPLACE
Sept 17th weekend: N. Wrecks in Brockville
Oct 2-4-ish: NC Wrecks and Sharks FIRM
Oct/Nov: Bonaire???
Nov/Dec: Other???

formerly...

#103 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:33 PM

I'd be interested in....

Turks and Caicos
Bonaire
Texas Flower Gardens and/or Florida
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#104 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:08 AM

But we may be able to do CA in August of Next year vs. October or September! But we will be doing CA next year...got my drysuit so I'm ready to go!

Oh, p-u-h-lease, this isn't Washington state, dry suit my eye. :diver: You're spoiled with your warm water diving.

Okay, so maybe we're just hardy souls out here.... but my Gold Core keeps me nice and toasty! (But the water did get as warm as 75 degrees this August/September.)

#105 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,690 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:32 AM

But we may be able to do CA in August of Next year vs. October or September! But we will be doing CA next year...got my drysuit so I'm ready to go!

Oh, p-u-h-lease, this isn't Washington state, dry suit my eye. :diver: You're spoiled with your warm water diving.

Okay, so maybe we're just hardy souls out here.... but my Gold Core keeps me nice and toasty! (But the water did get as warm as 75 degrees this August/September.)

Yeah but can you take the HEAT????? I'm just comfy at 90+ and 100 is warm but not bad!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users