• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05b: WRECKS & DRIFTDIVING the Keys MAY 14-20 and Floating Hotel!

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#76 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

Huh??? Sparky's gonna be there!

Um....did I mix up Fl Keys and Dry Tortugas... :o

or did I have a premonition that he is now going on BOTH trips!!! :teeth:

No you didn't get :teeth: "mixed up" -- I'LL BE ON BOTH TRIPS :cool2: Payment should be there soon --Punkie I'm expecting the password to be the same as before ?

Since I don't have 3 trips in May, :( If any of you drivers / previous Krawlers KNOW what your Krawl availability is around this trip ---SPEAK UP

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#77 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Um....did I mix up Fl Keys and Dry Tortugas... :o

No you didn't get :teeth: "mixed up" -- I'LL BE ON BOTH TRIPS :cool2: Payment should be there soon --Punkie I'm expecting the password to be the same as before ?

Since I don't have 3 trips in May, :( If any of you drivers / previous Krawlers KNOW what your Krawl availability is around this trip ---SPEAK UP

Jeff

Hey, Sparky I may be up for a Key Krawl this spring. Do you know possible dates. ??
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#78 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

Um....did I mix up Fl Keys and Dry Tortugas... :(

Jeff

Hey, Sparky I may be up for a Key Krawl this spring. Do you know possible dates. ??

Dude , It's either before or after :P / or whatever you can afford :o J

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

#79 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

If a person drives to Key West, is there free parking near the MV Spree?

Yes.

Frank, any chance of a website addy or tel # for the shops w/ 100's :cool2: :teeth: :teeth:
If you know a first name I can drop , they might be more amenable to us SD'ers . HUH--HUH Whadddya think HUH??????

Jeff

#80 Spree Expeditions

Spree Expeditions

Getting started

• SD Partners
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

Frank, any chance of a website addy or tel # for the shops w/ 100's :helpsmily: :helpsmily: :thankyou:
If you know a first name I can drop , they might be more amenable to us SD'ers . HUH--HUH Whadddya think HUH??????

Jeff

Steel or aluminum, driving or flying? Try Dive Key West (Bob Holsted) for aluminum. Try Subtropic for steel. If you're flying, I will pick up and deliver after you make arrangements. If driving, Conch republic in Marathon. For solo SingleDivers, I will have ponies (13' or 19's) for a nominal fee. I don't know what the fee is, but it will be nominal. I will teach a solo class on the boat if there is any interest. Let me know, so I can order materials. Oh, pony bottle rental is included if you take the class. I will work out class fees w/Kamala if there is any interest.
Proud Sponsors of SingleDivers.com! Come Dive with us! Don't forget to Book Online here!

#81 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

Spree - will you be offering this class on the august trip? and is this the TDI course?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#82 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Frank, any chance of a website addy or tel # for the shops w/ 100's :helpsmily: :helpsmily: :thankyou:

Jeff

Steel or aluminum, driving or flying? Try Dive Key West (Bob Holsted) for aluminum. Try Subtropic for steel. If you're flying, I will pick up and deliver after you make arrangements. If driving, Conch republic in Marathon. For solo SingleDivers, I will have ponies (13' or 19's) for a nominal fee. I don't know what the fee is, but it will be nominal. I will teach a solo class on the boat if there is any interest. Let me know, so I can order materials. Oh, pony bottle rental is included if you take the class. I will work out class fees w/Kamala if there is any interest.

Thank you! I'll await your email/call to work out the details!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#83 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

If a person drives to Key West, is there free parking near the MV Spree?

Yes.

Jeff

Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier has Steel 100's. Not sure about pricing or anything like that.

#84 Spree Expeditions

Spree Expeditions

Getting started

• SD Partners
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

Spree - will you be offering this class on the august trip? and is this the TDI course?

It is the SDI course, and yes, we offer it on any Spree trip.
Proud Sponsors of SingleDivers.com! Come Dive with us! Don't forget to Book Online here!

#85 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Payment Update:

1. Jeff aka Sparky103 ww got your ck $625! :thankyou:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#86 Reef Dude (RD)

Reef Dude (RD)

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water (Novice)
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hey all,
I am entertaining this trip. I am new to diving, and thus use quite a bit of air. By this trip, I will have about 20 dives. Are there any "huffers" that would want to buddy up with me. I would be embarrassed to be a weak link for someone. My last dive was Saona Island, Dominican Republic. Two dives: 73' for 38min and 39' for 62 min.

Barry in St. Louis

#87 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hey all,
I am entertaining this trip. I am new to diving, and thus use quite a bit of air. By this trip, I will have about 20 dives. Are there any "huffers" that would want to buddy up with me. I would be embarrassed to be a weak link for someone. My last dive was Saona Island, Dominican Republic. Two dives: 73' for 38min and 39' for 62 min.

Barry in St. Louis

WW matches everyone up with compatible dive buddies. You may also want to consider the "Rent-a-Buddy" program. You will be diving with an experienced diver who can help you with your bouyancy and tips on your air consumption.

There might be a "50 dive requirement" for this trip. I will check and see.

Do you want to be added to the checks in the mail list?

I will send you the password for the trip documents. Please email the survey back to trips@singledivers.com.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 03 February 2009 - 12:39 PM.

#88 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hey all,

Barry in St. Louis

IMHO considering your 20 +/- dives, I would say that those are respectable profiles. There are tons of tips available. Just about every magazine has articles on air consumption and buoyancy. I have always seen big improvements from the SD Rent-a-Buddy program, too. right Bubbles? :respect: (My personal Favorite :lmao: )
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#89 Reef Dude (RD)

Reef Dude (RD)

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water (Novice)
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

OK, well the rent a buddy sounds good. I have checked with several other divers, and the concensus seems to be that consumption will get better with experience. I am an avid runner, and have great lung capacity for that sport. That should lend itself to success in diving, huh?

Let me know about the 50 dive requirement. There is no way I can get 50 dives by summer. Maybe 30 on a big push. I live in the midwest.

Catch ya later,
Barry in St. Louis

#90 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

Hey all,

Barry in St. Louis

IMHO considering your 20 +/- dives, I would say that those are respectable profiles. There are tons of tips available. Just about every magazine has articles on air consumption and buoyancy. I have always seen big improvements from the SD Rent-a-Buddy program, too. right Bubbles? :wakawaka: (My personal Favorite :P )

Thanks Zach :teeth:
I should be the poster child for the Rent-A-Buddy Program!!! During the Grenada trip in June 2007, Zach was the most patient buddy you could ask for, and it made a HUGE difference. When I went on that trip I had less than 10 dives, and was sucking down a tank of air in less than 30 minutes. Now a 100+ dives later, I can hang with the "big dogs" and even come back with air to spare.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users