• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

09: SOLD OUT!!! Roatan Singles Week Sept 5-12, 2009 Labor Day!

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#436 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

I think you need to be a Premier member or above to get into disscussion groups. Not 100% certain though. Ss

Nope...ALL membership levels have access however you have to be a participant on the trip so I will send the p/w to you asap! Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#437 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:02 AM

Keith and Karen,

I noticed that you were the only two not signed up for Nitrox. If you would like to become certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver on this trip, let me know, and we can make it happen.

Anyone else need certifications???

Yes, I think I would like to get the Nitrox certification. I'd like to get with you in Roatan and find out what's involved.

Keith

Bruce is right...you should plan to get the book work done now so you can start diving Nitrox right away vs halfway into the trip or however long it takes to read the book, and do your knowledge reviews. Bruce is a PADI instructor so that is the agency he is offering the certification under. Plus he has the BEST prices anywhere for doing a cert in warm tropical waters! Not to mention he is an OUTSTANDING instructor. All his students rave over his classes. :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#438 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

I see that there is a Special Discussion back room thread for the Roatan trip.....I've never seen a password. Is there anything in that discussion thread?? It seems that most people have been using this main thread.

I do not see any discussions out there yet. A lot of new people have joined the trip since the password was sent out. I will send the password out again to everyone.

For those who don't know, the special discussion thread is password protected for members who are going on this trip only. You may feel free to exchange phone numbers, etc to make arrangements to meet at the airport or anything else you want to discuss for the trip.

Here is a link to the Special Discussion Forums

I don't know if you had a chance to send the password out yet, but I don't think I have received it. I read through every notice I could find, and only have the info for access to the trip docs.

Thanks!

Sent! k

formerly...

#439 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

Miss WW - any word back from BIBR yet on the possibility of a Sat. orientation so we can dive that afternoon or evening from shore?? Not looking for boat dives, just tanks & weights! :birthday: Last check, there were 7 of us interested.
Posted Image

#440 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

I think you need to be a Premier member or above to get into disscussion groups. Not 100% certain though. Ss

You don't need to be a Premier member to get into the discussion groups, you just need to have the password.

However, I only sent the password to the Premier Members because I sent them through PM.

One more reason to upgrade to Premier Membership everyone! I didn't have time to lookup everyones individual email addresses. It's much easier to communicate through PM. It's only $35 and after you return from this trip you can fill out the rebate form and get $25 of it back. That makes your membership $10 a year. That's a great deal and it makes communication much easier. :cool1:

#441 Buckeyediver

Buckeyediver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Nope...ALL membership levels have access however you have to be a participant on the trip so I will send the p/w to you asap! Thank you! kamala

I got it the email p/w..thanks! And I went ahead & took advantage of the moment to get paid subscription (via Paypal) since it's a great deal... so I'm part of the "in" crowd now!!! :cool1: :P

Tim

Edited by Buckeyediver, 01 September 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#442 Keith in Tulsa

Keith in Tulsa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:21 PM

Keith and Karen,

I noticed that you were the only two not signed up for Nitrox. If you would like to become certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver on this trip, let me know, and we can make it happen.

Anyone else need certifications???

Yes, I think I would like to get the Nitrox certification. I'd like to get with you in Roatan and find out what's involved.

Keith

Keith,

I can't PM or email you the information because you're not a "Premier Member" yet. (It would only cost you $10 to become one, i.e. $35 annual membership fee minus your $25 mail-in rebate for going to Roatan equals $10! AND if you go on another trip within the year, you're making $15!!! How cool us THAT?)

However, I can bring the materials to Roatan, but that means that you'd have to spend your Holiday studying a bit. You're better off picking up the PADI Enriched Air manual and tables (you won't need the DVD) at your local dive shop and completing both Knowledge Reviews (KRs) prior to getting to Roatan. That way you can enjoy Nitrox the whole trip instead of waiting until after you complete the KRs in Roatan.

I will try to have Kamala email you the details and cost.

Bruce

Bruce, Thanks for the info and the email through Kamala. I'm going to wait and do my certification at home after the trip.

Keith

#443 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:13 AM

Bruce, Thanks for the info and the email through Kamala. I'm going to wait and do my certification at home after the trip.

Keith

Not a problem, Keith, but glad you will be getting the cert eventually. See you on Saturday!
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#444 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

Payment Update:

1. Ari aka Vettenorlando received your SWP payment for $1590.00! :cool1:

#445 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

I got it the email p/w..thanks! And I went ahead & took advantage of the moment to get paid subscription (via Paypal) since it's a great deal... so I'm part of the "in" crowd now!!! :respect: :cool2:

Tim

TIM YOU ROCK!!! :cool1:

And :wakawaka: for your support of the site! kamala

formerly...

#446 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Miss WW - any word back from BIBR yet on the possibility of a Sat. orientation so we can dive that afternoon or evening from shore?? Not looking for boat dives, just tanks & weights! :D Last check, there were 7 of us interested.

I will speak with them tomorrow via skype so will know then.

Here is the problem as I see it. If the flights are late or delayed at the airport collecting luggage then 1 or more people will NOT make it in time to make it worthwhile. So how many are willing to do it even if they did it by themselves? With 7 the price is real cheap...at 2 its not so cheap. How long do you wait for others to arrive? Who decides when they get started? What do you tell someone who arrives late but not that late?

They offer this option but it has several weaknesses in my opinion:

1. It makes the DM's work on their only day off which means cranky wives and that means less than optimum DM's the rest of the week. :(
2. If any of the scenarios mentioned above happen how do you make the judgement call? What if your flight is only a little late and they started with out you and then won't start over so you can join in when you get there? Are you happy or UNHAPPY? Now you have started the week off on a sour note. :respect:
3. If you instead stop for water at the local grocery store of which NONE are close to the resort (this is not possible if you are planning to dive) and get a few things at the store, get settled in, set up your gear for the next day and just relax...then you are better rested for the week of diving and you may only miss a few beers if your flight is late. :cool1:

In other words...the risk is high that many things could go wrong that start your trip off on the wrong note. When you could just relax and hit the rack early and get a great start to your vacation.

However as promised I will be asking them how feasible it is to do it. I have sent them the flight details that Scubapunk has so diligently prepared :wakawaka: and they will use their week in and week out experience to determine how likely you are to get to the resort in time to actually do this. And then they will tell me.

On the other hand...after having done this for many years...if you all arrived EARLY in the am and it did not take hours to get thru customs, collect luggage etc. than I'd say 'go for it'. But there are just so many reasons it can go south and you will end up starting the week off on a disappointing note. :cool2: Just something I worry about.

More tomorrow....

formerly...

#447 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

LUGGAGE TAGS:

I just got the luggage tags from the resort for your bags. Sadly I can not get them to you in time. I will pass out as many as I can for those on my flights so you can identify your bags and they will pull them faster.

However not being able to get them to you all as ScubaSki said...you can do the same thing by putting duct tape on an existing luggage tag putting BIBR in big bold print and they will pull your bags more quickly!

formerly...

#448 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

So, who is going to participate in the Tacky Tourist costume contest?? So far, I know Bruce, Stan & I are participating......is everybody going to let the 3 of us run off with all the prizes? :wakawaka:

The costume contest provides lots of fun & laughter to the group.....please consider participating!
Posted Image

#449 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

[quote name='WreckWench' date='Sep 2 2009, 10:53 PM' post='256268']

I'm flying 1st class so will be starting to drink early in day. Based on last year, I'll skip the shore diving-checkout -paper work. Stopping for food -water makes sense to me . MTCW..
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#450 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

So, who is going to participate in the Tacky Tourist costume contest?? So far, I know Bruce, Stan & I are participating......is everybody going to let the 3 of us run off with all the prizes? :wakawaka:

The costume contest provides lots of fun & laughter to the group.....please consider participating!

I diveteacher will be participating in the tourest contest.
George

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users