• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

09: SOLD OUT!!! Roatan Singles Week Sept 5-12, 2009 Labor Day!

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#76 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

:) Add me to the list! Cashed in some miles and got my air taken care of so this trip is a go for me. :usflag:

I've still got to read the trip details but I'll get a check in the mail this weekend. Most likely will want D/O and Nitrox.

And Kamala, can you verify they can accommodate my vegetarian ways.

:) I will put you on the list! WW will verify with the resort when she gets back from Bonaire.

#77 TeRRable

TeRRable

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Board Status:The Pool is Open
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox, Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

I need airfare to Roatan. Does anyone know which airlines offer the best deals to this destination? Has anyone found any good flights? If so, I would love to hear from you. Diver down, ~T

#78 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

I need airfare to Roatan. Does anyone know which airlines offer the best deals to this destination? Has anyone found any good flights? If so, I would love to hear from you. Diver down, ~T

I do not know of any deals, I did find the cheapest air that I have EVER had on trips to Roatan, i have been over a dozen times. I check prices through Expedia and booked my flight through them. Mrs. Wench and single divers may have a connection for you.

I hope you make it diving in Roatan is awsome!

George

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#79 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

If you go the Delta route, they run you through Atlanta, for a 6:32 adventure, including a one hour lay over in Atlanta. Bookit.com has that option for $728 + taxes.
Signature under construction :)

#80 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

Hi Ya TeRRable, What's your gateway airport in Ohio? The largest a/p may be best, and how about a 2nd choice? Roatan is the destination, but you may be able to find a cheaper fare flying into San Pedro Sula, Honduras and picking up a puddle jumper for a 30 minute flight from there. I think one of the smaller airlines is Atlantic Air.
ScubaSki
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#81 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

Great to see you sign up for your first SD trip! I'm flying Continental, Kansas City-Houston-Roatan, total cost around $668. I leave KC at 6:15am, and get to Roatan shortly after Noon their time.
Posted Image

#82 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

For those of you that have been to Roatan what if any affect will the events of the past few days in Honduras have on Roatan? Or is it separate enough from the mainland that there will be little or no issues. Hopefully this will all be over before September.

#83 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

For those of you that have been to Roatan what if any affect will the events of the past few days in Honduras have on Roatan? Or is it separate enough from the mainland that there will be little or no issues. Hopefully this will all be over before September.

From everything I have heard, as far as the island itself goes, the only change is a couple more military types at the airport. Other than that, its business as usual. My only concern might be if you are flying through the mainland on your way to Roatan.

#84 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

Carla you are right...its VERY separate from the mainland and very safe since its all tourist oriented. However I would fly directly into Roatan ONLY! While other places are probably safe enough...I know going in and out of Roatan will be fine.

What I need to finalize is a vegetarian menu for you. As I recall they served a lot of pasta and veggies but they were often limited to what they could get so many days the veggies were the same. It was always a simple menu for food so while I'm sure they can handle a vegetarian...it will be simple food. So I usually lose a few pounds which isn't bad either! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#85 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Good to know. I'm flying Denver to Houston, Houston to Roatan, leaving Denver at 6 am :teeth:

Let me know about the food arrangements, hopefully there will be able to do something. And I'm going to pass on the pig roast night......

However I'm definitely interested in the zip line, canopy tour, sounds like to much fun to pass up.

#86 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

Payment is on it's way. It is for D/O but I may end up changing that to S/O. Will let you know.

Also interested in the zip line activity. Do you know when that will be? Will it be on Friday when diving isn't scheduled?

#87 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Payment is on it's way. It is for D/O but I may end up changing that to S/O. Will let you know.

Also interested in the zip line activity. Do you know when that will be? Will it be on Friday when diving isn't scheduled?

That's what we did last year, and it was WAY cool.....zip line started at the highest point on the island, and we ended up on the beach. Sweated the whole time, but a lot of different cables to zip down! Lasted longer than most zip line tours.
Posted Image

#88 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Then I'm definitely interested, sounds like lots of fun. Do I need to pay in advance or can I pay in Roatan?

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

Carla we'll get the scoop on the zipline and let you know about arranging it etc. As I recall we needed a minimum number of people to do most of the activities or else the transport was not included or was too high without others to split.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#90 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

Put me on the interested listed. Wil nail this down by the end of next week.

Scott

:birthday:

Edited by GentDiver, 02 July 2009 - 12:43 PM.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users