• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

09: SOLD OUT!!! Roatan Singles Week Sept 5-12, 2009 Labor Day!

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#46 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

Document Update:

1. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut: Received your Survey! :teeth:

#47 JamesAZ

JamesAZ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Board Status:On
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:278

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Please put me on the interested list :)

#48 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Please put me on the interested list :)

Will do!

#49 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

OK, I am ready to send a deposit on this trip. I am a newbe to this group. What do I need to do now?

George

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#50 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

OK, I am ready to send a deposit on this trip. I am a newbe to this group. What do I need to do now?

George

Hi George, One of the MOD's will officially post that your ready to go. In meantime state on a post if you want shared or single room, also if you want to dive Nitrox and post arrive/depart dates based on airline flights. One of the lasses will get back to you soon. :thankyou: WELCOME , Stan

Edited by scubaski, 01 June 2009 - 10:53 AM.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

George

Hi George, One of the MOD's will officially post that your ready to go. In meantime state on a post if you want shared or single room, also if you want to dive Nitrox and post arrive/depart dates based on airline flights. One of the lasses will get back to you soon. :wakawaka: WELCOME , Stan

Thank you Stan!

And welcome George aka diveteacher! Its great to have you join us! So please let us know if you want to dive nitrox, doing a single or double occupancy room and when you plan to arrive and depart. Then follow the payment directions in the trip post so you can get your deposit and any progress payments into us to lock in your spot. Also let us know if you plan to arrive early or stay late and while you do not need to commit to it...let us know if you are interested in any shark or dolphin dives.

Glad you are joining us! It will be a great trip! kamala :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#52 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

OK I hope I get this right,

Standard room
Single Occupancy, (unless Christy Brinkly is needing a roomate)
Nitrox

I would be able to wear one of the computers for the research

arrive on 5 Sept and depart 12 Sept

not sure about the shark dive or canopy tour

I am awaiting your further instructions

George

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#53 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

OK! flight is booked, now all I need is a place to stay,,,,,come on Sept...........

George

#54 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

Standard room
Nitrox

George

Welcome George, I will send you the password for the trip documents. Let me know if you have any questions.

#55 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

Document Update:

1. George aka diveteacher: Received your Survey! :thankyou:

#56 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Payment Update:

1. Lynne aka DiverLynne: Received your final Pmt/ including nitrox@150! :P

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Standard room
Nitrox

George

Ya did perfect! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#58 kc2002

kc2002

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OWD
  • Logged Dives:6

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

Important Trip Updates:

I am new to the single divers website and am interested in getting some more information about your trips. I was looking at the Roatan trip for September. Do you have people from all over and all ages and experience levels that go on these trips?

Yes we do. Divers range from about 25 to 55, we average about 40% women…sometimes more on our trips…several have been essentially 'chick trips' with more gals than guys and we have every one from novices with 6 dives to master scuba diving instructors on trips. EVERYONE is welcome and we love new(er) divers. We even offer an innovative program for new divers that is part divebuddy/dive mentor. Its called Rent-A-Buddy and you hire a private DM to be your buddy so you can focus on YOU and YOUR diving and not worry about anything or anyone else. Your buddy will also mentor you providing customized feedback on YOUR diving helping to reinforce GOOD habits or develop GOOD habits right from the start. Everyone who participates in this program RAVES about it. Its quite reasonable…$50 per day or $150 for the week.

I noticed in the "who's going" section that most of the people have nitrox, is that a problem if I don't?

Absolutely not but many divers find it will allow them to dive more since we are doing 3 boat dives a day. We'll have an instructor on the trip so if you want to take the class while you are there it's a great way to combine diving and training. If you decide to take the course on your own that is fine too!

Do I need to sign in as a member to be able to access all the forms that are needed?

Yes you will need to register on the site with a screen name (choose a fun diving or personality related one if you can) and you'll need to be logged into the site to post. Once you tell us you are going on a trip with us we send you a link to the forms in case you have not found them along with the password for the forum. (Note it is NOT the same as your login password. To obtain the password email trips@singledivers.com) To sign up for a trip simply POST in the topic/thread that you want to go with us, your payment is enroute and then tell us if you'll need extra days, if you want double or single occupancy, if you want nitrox or air, etc.

What would be the easiest way to pay with my credit card for this, could I call you and pay that way?

You can pay with credit card either via paypal (if using paypal go to paypal.com and send the money to email address kamala@singledivers.com If you want to pay via traditional credit card you'll need to fill out our credit card authorization form (found in the forms forum) and email it as a pdf to me to kamala@singledivers.com or fax it to me to 214-350-2558. Please note that all non-cash payments will incur a 3% fee to cover the one that I am charged.

Is it more common for people to book their own flights, or do you do most of the travel arrangements for people?

Actually most people do book their own flights. We are happy to help but charge a nominal $25 booking fee for researching and booking flights for you unless the flight is part of the trip package and then the price is covered in the trip cost already. Let us know if you'd like us to make travel arrangements for you. We simply add the $25 fee to your total invoice.

Can I Rent-A-Buddy for this trip...how does it work?

And yes you can rent-a-buddy for the trip...we have a limited number of DM's/Instructors available for you to rent to help you focus on only yourself and not worry about being someone's buddy or to allow you to improve your air consumption and bouyancy etc. You are hiring a professional 'coach' to help you reinforce your recent open water skills or to help you refresh them or to just basically help to mentor you. The price is $50 per day or $150 for the week. If you need your rent-a-buddy to do your first night dive it is recommended that you consider the night dive specialty or even just the night dive sign off of AOW...Advanced Open Water via one of our instructors. If not please include another $25 for your Rent-A-Buddy to guide you through your first night dive(s).

I willl need Rental Gear. What do I do?

Let us know what you need for rental gear? We will have Cochran computers available that you can use to do DAN research AND avoid having to rent. As for other rental gear...please let us know and we'll get you the prices.

I want to bring School Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?

The basics are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas totebags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.

Rental Gear:
Click Here! for information about rental gear prices. NOTE: If you do not want to rent a computer but would like to use one for free in exchange for doing some simple research for DAN (Diver's Alert Network) then let us know. We have a limited number of computers available but we try to reserve them for students taking our nitrox class and those diving without a computer at all.

Hi WW

I am a new diver and seriously considering this trip to Roatan to get more experience. I am married but buddyless, will that be a problem? I will need to rent all my gear and rent-a- buddy, too. I don't have a computer either and would like to use the computers you have. I would like to complete my AOD course and also do Nitrox training at the same time. I am looking to book a s/o room and will pay the higher price for it. My airport is Washington Dulles- IAD, I have looked at flights and looks like Delta will work for me as they will arrive Roatan at 11:45 am on Sep 5th and depart Sep 12th at 12:15 pm.

I will be paying via Paypal and have noted the 3% charge. Can you please send me details as to what I should do next.

Looking forward to travelling with the SD group!

#59 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

Hi WW

I am a new diver and seriously considering this trip to Roatan to get more experience. I am married but buddyless, will that be a problem? I will need to rent all my gear and rent-a- buddy, too. I don't have a computer either and would like to use the computers you have. I would like to complete my AOD course and also do Nitrox training at the same time. I am looking to book a s/o room and will pay the higher price for it. My airport is Washington Dulles- IAD, I have looked at flights and looks like Delta will work for me as they will arrive Roatan at 11:45 am on Sep 5th and depart Sep 12th at 12:15 pm.

I will be paying via Paypal and have noted the 3% charge. Can you please send me details as to what I should do next.

HI KC - Not sure if WW is back from traveling or not, so I will answer the best I can. SD is all about buddyless divers whether you are single or married makes no difference.

Should be no problem for the classes.

Your next step is to tell me to put you on the "checks in the mail" list. I will send you the password for the trip documents that you will need to fill out and send back. Dive insurance is mandatory, so make sure you have either DAN or Dive Assure. Trip insurance is optional, but highly recommended, CSA Trip Insurance.

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hi WW

HI KC - Not sure if WW is back from traveling or not, so I will answer the best I can. SD is all about buddyless divers whether you are single or married makes no difference.

Should be no problem for the classes.

Your next step is to tell me to put you on the "checks in the mail" list. I will send you the password for the trip documents that you will need to fill out and send back. Dive insurance is mandatory, so make sure you have either DAN or Dive Assure. Trip insurance is optional, but highly recommended, CSA Trip Insurance.

PLEASE REFERENCE SINGLEDIVERS.COM OR USE THE LINKS UNDER THE FIRST POST! :banghead:

Hey I'm back! :birthday:

Computer should not be a problem nor will the "rent-a-buddy' and Sandy is right regarding everything else. Just let us know your payment is on the way and to officially 'SIGN YOU UP'!!! :dance:

p.s. I"m married but buddyless too...so even on single's weeks...its never a problem. Its about diving...our hookups are to tanks!

You can of course bring your lovely wife if she might be interested in helping at the health care clinic or school or doing other relaxing things on a lovely tropical island!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users