• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10: SOLD OUT!! Galapagos...the APEX of Diving! Oct 10-20th INCLUDING EXTRA DAYS!

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#346 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

I had offered to do an underwater photography course on the boat, but so far the interest level is not high. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP...otherwise I will likely need to nix the idea. Here are the details again:
Underwater Photography/ Videography Course with Dr. Gabrielle- SD reduced price of $100

By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Be Familiar with Camera Specifics
• Achieve Excellent Composition
• Frame the Shot
• Use White Balance
• Use Strobes and Flashes
• Determine the Best Format and Size Options for Needs
• Employ Color Correction
• Use Exposure to Your Advantage
• Determine the Appropriate Use of Lenses
• Apply Breathing and Other Techniques Unique to Underwater Environment
• Time Permitting: Using Effective Post-Production Techniques including Photoshop and Digital Editing

Lessons will include instruction by a photography/ videography and SCUBA diving professional with many published photographs as well as award-winning documentaries. There will be photo/video sesssions within the marine environment, the application of photographic principles, and end-of-day reviews of skills learned. Topics will also include equipment orientation, care and maintenance, camera controls, the use of different underwater lens and port systems, strobe lighting techniques, accessories, the use of ambient light, and marine life identification. Whether you have an inexpensive underwater disposable camera or a professional setup with strobes, you will learn principles to make you a better photographer and videographer above and below the ocean!

Those interested in a photo workshop from a photo pro:
1. Kamala aka WreckWench (if camera arrives in time)
2. Chad aka Chad (if the price is right, sees the details and fixes some flooded equipment)
3. Barb aka Texan_In_China if she can find her camera and the price is right

My photographs (of dolphins and manatees) have most recently been published with U.S. Fish & Wildlife.

Thanks,
Gabrielle

#347 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

SEE UPDATES IN BLUE....

MORE IMPORTANT UPDATES:

Information is vital for a variety of parties on these trips and while it seems that you have sent 'someone' the info...it has to go to both SD and EV. That being said we both need your flight details for example...one so I don't leave anyone if their flight does not arrive and two so the boat can arrange transfers and pick ups. They get the info they need to book local flights and arrange waivers FROM YOUR EV WAIVERS. Therefore it is imperative that you supply everything they need on their forms to them and what we need on our forms to us...even if some of it is duplicated. By the time they let us know it is missing the best we can do is refax the copy you have sent us. If you included it via your SD Survey then that info is in the hands of one of our volunteers until right before the trip when i get it. We do try to help supply anything we can but we can not always fill in the blanks for you...sorry. Therefore...

AIRLINE INFO NEEDED BY EV TO SET UP TRANSFERS FROM:

1. Pam aka Blue151 - REC'D BY SD and forwarded. Pls get EV Application/Waiver in ASAP
2. Chad aka Chad (understand you are emailing us with this...we will forward when we receive it.) REC'D BY SD and forwarded to EV.

Payments are due in full for this trip including the new land tour we are doing. I just spent a great deal of time and money on wiring this money to Galapagos since all of the land tours are being done at cost which does not include the wiring fees or the extra time my accountant is spending collecting the balances due. So would the following people please make payment arrangements asap for the following.

AMOUNTS STILL OUTSTANDING FOR LAND TOUR AND/OR LOCAL AIRFARES:

1. Jamee aka Jamee $780 + 125 for land pkgs and local air (We must have this immediately or your spot will be released to one of the many people asking to fill this trip.) - Working on payment via new payment gateway.
2. Sue aka btu911 $125 for extra tour costs -ck in the mail
3. Christine aka christyb $125 for extra tour costs
4. Liz aka Liz $125 for extra tour costs -ck in the mail
5. Gabrielle aka sunshine diver $125 for extra tour costs -PAID VIA PAYMENT GATEWAY

NOTE: If you have remitted this already please let us know or if you have sent the payment already we'll track it down with your help.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#348 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

THANKS GABRIELLE!

I hope we get enough for the class! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#349 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

I probably will be interested in taking the photography class.
Thx,
Debra

#350 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

Payment Update:

1. Pam aka Blue151: WW received your payment of $4275 trip $150 Nitrox $125 for Island tour + fees ! :wakawaka:
2. Gabrielle aka Sunshinediver: WW received your payment of $125.00 for Island tour! :thankyou:
3. Jamee aka DiverJWW received your payment of $905.00 + fees! :thankyou:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 03 October 2009 - 03:31 PM.

#351 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Really taking this up to the wire! I do wish I could have been part of this trip.....

#352 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

For $100 this strikes me as an amazing bargain!

Hello Everyone,

I had offered to do an underwater photography course on the boat, but so far the interest level is not high. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP...otherwise I will likely need to nix the idea. Here are the details again:
Underwater Photography/ Videography Course with Dr. Gabrielle- SD reduced price of $100

• Frame the Shot
• Use White Balance
• Time Permitting: Using Effective Post-Production Techniques including Photoshop and Digital Editing

Lessons will include instruction by a photography/ videography and SCUBA diving professional with many published photographs as well as award-winning documentaries. There will be photo/video sesssions within the marine environment, the application of photographic principles, and end-of-day reviews of skills learned. Topics will also include equipment orientation, care and maintenance, camera controls, the use of different underwater lens and port systems, strobe lighting techniques, accessories, the use of ambient light, and marine life identification. Whether you have an inexpensive underwater disposable camera or a professional setup with strobes, you will learn principles to make you a better photographer and videographer above and below the ocean!

2. Chad aka Chad (if the price is right, sees the details and fixes some flooded equipment)

My photographs (of dolphins and manatees) have most recently been published with U.S. Fish & Wildlife.

Thanks,
Gabrielle

#353 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

For $100 this strikes me as an amazing bargain!

It is and she is REALLY GOOD!!! If I don't get my camera in time I'll pay for my hubby to take the class....he is good but she is REALLY REALLY GOOD! :respect:

So that is at least 2 so far for sure with Deb....maybe 3....anyone else????? :pray:

formerly...

#354 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

Really taking this up to the wire! I do wish I could have been part of this trip.....

Peter you know I would have loved to have you join us...:pray:

We have indeed taken it to the wire....in fact we've had 5 or 6 change outs on the trip due to member misfortunes and in several cases lack of the manditory trip insurance thus compelling me to spend even more time to help fill and refill this trip. As a result we will be adjusting our policies for next year's trips to avoid this dilemma.

And on a positive note...we have FINALLY FILLED THE TRIP!!! A lovely lady from DC and a member of our ARMED FORCES will be joining us...Pam aka Blue151 has officially taken the last spot! :respect:

Ok back to work trying to finalize the rooming for those guests arriving early....

formerly...

#355 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:07 AM

Just remember Kamala that you do absolutely nothing and you just run these trips so you can go on free holidays :respect:

Edited by peterbj7, 04 October 2009 - 09:08 AM.

#356 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Just remember Kamala that you do absolutely nothing and you just run these trips so you can go on free holidays :birthday:

:respect:

And this year the trips have not been free...LOL! I had 2 open spots on Fiji and 2 on Wakatobi that I had to pay for nor did I qualify for the free spot so I paid for myself as well. So if you add those up plus a few empty spots here and there over the past year I could have paid for every trip I've taken this year and last year and let someone else do all the work and take all the risk! :pray:

Aaahhh the perils of those who choose to work in...er pay to live the lifestyle of the diving industry!

formerly...

#357 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

Payment Update:

1. Christine aka Christb: WW received your payment for the day tour for $125.00! :lmao:

#358 grayfins

grayfins

Meeting folks

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, NITROX; Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:365

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

I will probably do the photo class also. Anything I learn always helps.
Bill aka grayfins

#359 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

I will probably do the photo class also. Anything I learn always helps.
Bill aka grayfins

Great Bill! Not sure how many peeps she needs but hopefully we are getting close! :lmao:

formerly...

#360 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

I am interested in the photo workshop.

Blue151

Hello Everyone,

• Frame the Shot
• Use White Balance

Thanks,
Gabrielle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users