• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Florida Happy Hour ??? May 1 & 2nd

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:41 AM

*Snipperz* ...And Brad, isn't the Singapore Slide more fun when everybody's doing it?? :lmao:

Dear Tammy, not only more fun but safer! Given the amount of frozen encouragement required, I need plenty of folks to keep me pinballed upright. :sweetie:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#17 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

OK, I've finally heard back from the instructor from Divers Direct! Here is what he says, for those who want to dive with me on Saturday morning, 5/2:

Tammy:

We're going to be using the American Dream II for Friday and Saturday. As of right now, the Captain does not have a schedule up for that week, but I will talk with him in the next day or two to get one set. For Saturday, we will do a morning trip, so let your friends know to plan accordingly and I will get them on board.

.....I'll keep you posted on the dive schedule. Let me know if your Kansas City friend can dive Saturday and Sunday to complete her OW course.

-Dave

Now, I will have to do a 3rd dive Sat. afternoon, probably in the lake next to their Dive Shop, to finish my last checkout, then I can clean up. I know there is shore diving off Dania Beach. And, if ya'll want, you can use my room at the Ramada in Hollywood Beach to clean up after you're done diving. Maybe I can put some beer in the mini-fridge!

When I hear from him on the posted schedule, I'll post it in this thread. Only 2 more weeks, and I'll be back in the water..... September was a long time ago! Sucks to be landlocked..... :cheerleader:
Posted Image

#18 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

LLDN, I've been on the American Dream 2 for a few dives, big boat and roomy, Cpt & crew 1st class. Only down side was paying for parking at hotel-marina parking lot. I usually see divers entering Danai Beach city lot from the right side.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#19 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info, Stan! I'll have to go online and check out that boat, and see where it docks so I can get directions from my hotel.
Posted Image

#20 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for the info, Stan! I'll have to go online and check out that boat, and see where it docks so I can get directions from my hotel.

I'm in training for Bonaire, CB at work, please step aside!!! http://www.scubafortlauderdale.com/ AD2 web site :cheerleader: :welcome:
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#21 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Stan-the-Man, you're the best! :welcome: Thanks for that link. :cheerleader:

And just so everybody knows, I bought my meclizine today! :teeth:
Posted Image

#22 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

OK, I've finally heard back from the instructor from Divers Direct! Here is what he says, for those who want to dive with me on Saturday morning, 5/2:

Tammy:

We're going to be using the American Dream II for Friday and Saturday. As of right now, the Captain does not have a schedule up for that week, but I will talk with him in the next day or two to get one set. For Saturday, we will do a morning trip, so let your friends know to plan accordingly and I will get them on board.

.....I'll keep you posted on the dive schedule. Let me know if your Kansas City friend can dive Saturday and Sunday to complete her OW course.

-Dave

OK! :cheerleader: I will be in touch.... soon :welcome:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#23 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

I'm going to try to be there two and may bring a friend or two. I'll contact the American Dream II and see if they have a spot for me!
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again!

#24 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

I am soooooo looking forward to meeting everyone who makes it on the boat or to dinner/HH!!
I am ready to :usflag: .......
Posted Image

#25 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

I am soooooo looking forward to meeting everyone who makes it on the boat or to dinner/HH!!
I am ready to :birthday: .......

Is someone interested to dive with me on sunday? I can't make it on saturday since I am flying from Montreal at noon and should be there around 5PM. But I will certainly be available starting on sunday until the 9th!!! Anyone interested!!! Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#26 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

Liz, I'm going to PM you my cell phone number. When you land Saturday, give me a call to see where we all are -- we plan to have dinner/drinks, and who knows at this point what time we'll be doing that? LOL You'd be welcome to join us, and check into your hotel later.
Posted Image

#27 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

The American Dream II has posted their 5/1, 5/2 and 5/3 schedule! Florida friends, Divers Direct says you should book directly with the boat. :teeth: Can't wait! I will have my 2 OW protege's with me, but they will be with a different instructor so I don't know if they will be on our boat or now.
Posted Image

#28 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the head's up, Tammy! :teeth: Looks like I'm in for 02 May (and hopefully 03 May and if I am especially :birthday: maybe hope so hope so 04 May). The AM dive aboard AD II on 02 May is 30'reef/30'reef, probably to accommodate the dive class needs. The PM dive is 70'wreck/30'reef. I know it's a lot for one day, but even without Nitrox both AM and PM trips should be feasable. (Clearly this dive bum has been out of the water tooooo long...) So far I am only booked on the AM trip. Thoughts? :P
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#29 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'm going to try to be there two and may bring a friend or two. I'll contact the American Dream II and see if they have a spot for me!

I'm going to try as well. My shop was telling me this weekend is going to be a bit rough :) It has been way to long since I have been in the water :diver: Not to mention a long time since I've been on here :birthday: I hope all is well with everyone. Holly/Zac- any thoughts to car pooling?

Catch ya all later :)
Susie

#30 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

I'm going to try as well. My shop was telling me this weekend is going to be a bit rough :thankyou: It has been way to long since I have been in the water :thankyou: Not to mention a long time since I've been on here :tears: I hope all is well with everyone. Holly/Zac- any thoughts to car pooling?

Catch ya all later :P
Susie

Good to see you back Susie! :lmao: Your ears must have been burning... folks had been asking if anyone had hear from you lately. Hope you're well.

Sorry I'll miss this weekend, but I'll catch you guys on the next one.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users