• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Florida Happy Hour ??? May 1 & 2nd

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

I'm going to try to be there two and may bring a friend or two. I'll contact the American Dream II and see if they have a spot for me!
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again!

I'm going to try as well. My shop was telling me this weekend is going to be a bit rough :thankyou: It has been way to long since I have been in the water :thankyou: Not to mention a long time since I've been on here :P I hope all is well with everyone. Holly/Zac- any thoughts to car pooling?

Catch ya all later :lmao:
Susie

WWwweeelllll Hellloooo there! So glad to see ya on the board. We miss you here and out there. Hope all is well in your world. This weekend is rough but the 2nd is next weekend.... oh drats! It's Saturday and that always gets me confused..... I hope to make it there but it will be a last minute thing for me. Later Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#32 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I will be at the happy hour for sure, but I don't think I will make the dives. I'm trying to keep funds set aside for my Keys Krawl in May! Have any firm plans been made for the happy hour yet? Time? Location?
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#33 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

I have my fingers crossed that the ocean gods are kind enough to cooperate on May 1 & May 2!! Either way, the party is still on the evening of May 2.....
Posted Image

#34 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

I have my fingers crossed that the ocean gods are kind enough to cooperate on May 1 & May 2!! Either way, the party is still on the evening of May 2.....

I hope the weather cooperates for you too. I may try and dive; I'm just not going to commit to the diving part quite yet. But as for the party.....I am IN!!! Please post the specifics for the HH once they are in place and I will certaily see you there. I'm looking forward to meeting you.
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#35 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

I hope the weather cooperates for you too. I may try and dive; I'm just not going to commit to the diving part quite yet. But as for the party.....I am IN!!! Please post the specifics for the HH once they are in place and I will certaily see you there. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Dear DG/LLDN,

Holly and I are booked for both the AM and PM dives on 02 May. We are diving Nitrox in the PM to help counter exhaustion, :lmao: fools that we are! :thankyou: Yes, we plan to make the HH after. C'mon guys, how often do you get to dive FTL?

Just sayin'... :thankyou:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#36 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi AOW, IANTD Intro Cave, 100 total dives
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

hey y'all I keep seeing this is only for FL peeps but what say you if a Yank stops into town and joins ya? Me thinks that I'd be welcome by this nutty group but wanted to stop in and check.

Someone asked about artificial wrecks off Ft Lauderdale. There's a LOT. I dove all winter off Pompano Beach (with South FL diving Headquarters and with ScubaTyme, both Pompano Beach operators) and every trip was wreck/reef. Lots of good ones.

I'm thinking about stopping in for the 2 May and staying the whole weekend. When I fly down to FL, I dive the heck out of the weekend (8-10 if possible) then head home Tuesday (at least 24 hours to off-gas) so if anyone is around, I'm down and looking to go further down (in the water you sick puppies).
Steve
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "Save a life, adopt a shelter pet (http://www.petfinder.com/)"
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

#37 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

hey y'all I keep seeing this is only for FL peeps but what say you if a Yank stops into town and joins ya? Me thinks that I'd be welcome by this nutty group but wanted to stop in and check.

Someone asked about artificial wrecks off Ft Lauderdale. There's a LOT. I dove all winter off Pompano Beach (with South FL diving Headquarters and with ScubaTyme, both Pompano Beach operators) and every trip was wreck/reef. Lots of good ones.

I'm thinking about stopping in for the 2 May and staying the whole weekend. When I fly down to FL, I dive the heck out of the weekend (8-10 if possible) then head home Tuesday (at least 24 hours to off-gas) so if anyone is around, I'm down and looking to go further down (in the water you sick puppies).
Steve

All are welcome of course!!! Come on Down!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#38 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

Steve

All are welcome of course!!! Come on Down!

Thanks DB, LLDN and pM and some others said if you say it's ok, I'm allowed to join!! :thankyou:
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

#39 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

Thanks DB, LLDN and pM and some others said if you say it's ok, I'm allowed to join!! :thankyou:

Not only are you "allowed" to join us :thankyou: WE NEED YOU HERE DIVING with us. There seems to be just toooo many SD babes in one place outnumbering the SD dudes... Hope to see ya there! :lmao:

Edited by divzac, 25 April 2009 - 02:04 PM.

#40 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Zach, you lookin' for safety in numbers or sumpin'?? :lmao:
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#41 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

lol thanks Zach! I'll be there...will probably book my flight tonight. Or tomorrow. Or whenever I get around to it. looking forward to meeting you there. Also, thanks Babs.
-----
Steve

#42 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

Zach, you lookin' for safety in numbers or sumpin'?? :lmao:

:birthday: You, my dear, are a wise woman. :dazzler: It's ssscccaarrryyy out there sometimes!! :birthday:

#43 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks DB, LLDN and pM and some others said if you say it's ok, I'm allowed to join!! :cool2:

The whole reason this thread got started is because 3 Kansas City ladies are going to Florida to dive, and we wanted our SD friends to hook up with us. OF COURSE you can join up!

Scuba Goddess, there are no confirmed plans on the HH, we're sorta winging it. Can you PM me a cell phone number and we can hook up with you when we DO decide where we're going to be?
Posted Image

#44 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

then stop the hatin' coz I'm a Yank! :cool2:
thanks, looking forward to seeing someone if I find y'all...though I don't really know when, where, or how :birthday: ...
-----
Steve

#45 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

Book on the American Dream II for the Saturday 5/2 dives (Scubaski put a direct link to their site on an earlier post in this thread, and let them know you're with the SingleDivers group). We'll have to get the locals to suggest where to party afterwards, and then clue Scuba Godess in since she can't dive but does want to meet up for the party.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users