• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Florida Happy Hour ??? May 1 & 2nd

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi AOW, IANTD Intro Cave, 100 total dives
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for the head's up, Tammy! :cool2: Looks like I'm in for 02 May (and hopefully 03 May and if I am especially :teeth: maybe hope so hope so 04 May). The AM dive aboard AD II on 02 May is 30'reef/30'reef, probably to accommodate the dive class needs. The PM dive is 70'wreck/30'reef. I know it's a lot for one day, but even without Nitrox both AM and PM trips should be feasable. (Clearly this dive bum has been out of the water tooooo long...) So far I am only booked on the AM trip. Thoughts? :teeth:

you can do a hundred 30' reef dives without nitrox and be ok. I'd be in for sure.
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "Save a life, adopt a shelter pet (http://www.petfinder.com/)"
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

#47 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

*snippers* The PM dive is 70'wreck/30'reef *ala-ka-snip*

you can do a hundred 30' reef dives without nitrox and be ok. I'd be in for sure.

It's the wreck dive that suggests Nitrox simply for the exhaustion mitigation factor.

I notice from this and other posts you seem to have an inclination to shoot from the hip, Chum. Count backwords from 10. Remember, assimilate.

Resistance is futile.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#48 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi AOW, IANTD Intro Cave, 100 total dives
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

*snippers* The PM dive is 70'wreck/30'reef *ala-ka-snip*

It's the wreck dive that suggests Nitrox simply for the exhaustion mitigation factor.

I notice from this and other posts you seem to have an inclination to shoot from the hip, Chum. Count backwords from 10. Remember, assimilate.

Resistance is futile.

chum, there's nothing negative in what I said that just that one can do many dives at that depth. not sure what the issue is there. there was no criticism of anything you said. too bad you took it that way. y'all have a great time.
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "Save a life, adopt a shelter pet (http://www.petfinder.com/)"
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

#49 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

I'm going to try to be there two and may bring a friend or two. I'll contact the American Dream II and see if they have a spot for me!
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again!

I'm going to try as well. My shop was telling me this weekend is going to be a bit rough :) It has been way to long since I have been in the water ;) Not to mention a long time since I've been on here :tears: I hope all is well with everyone. Holly/Zac- any thoughts to car pooling?

Catch ya all later :diver:
Susie

Good to see you back Susie! :( Your ears must have been burning... folks had been asking if anyone had hear from you lately. Hope you're well.

Sorry I'll miss this weekend, but I'll catch you guys on the next one.

Ya'll are to kind :) :-D Things have been pretty chaotic to say the least and i'm in serious need for a vacation but alas a mini dive weekend will have to do for now. Catch ya next time pretty lady.

#50 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

I'm going to try to be there two and may bring a friend or two. I'll contact the American Dream II and see if they have a spot for me!

I'm going to try as well. My shop was telling me this weekend is going to be a bit rough :) It has been way to long since I have been in the water :) Not to mention a long time since I've been on here :diver: I hope all is well with everyone. Holly/Zac- any thoughts to car pooling?

Catch ya all later :(
Susie

WWwweeelllll Hellloooo there! So glad to see ya on the board. We miss you here and out there. Hope all is well in your world. This weekend is rough but the 2nd is next weekend.... oh drats! It's Saturday and that always gets me confused..... I hope to make it there but it will be a last minute thing for me. Later Zach

Thanks for the kind words ;) I've missed you guys too! Hope you can make it!

#51 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:26 AM

I'm going to try as well. My shop was telling me this weekend is going to be a bit rough :iagree: It has been way to long since I have been in the water :lmao: Not to mention a long time since I've been on here :tears: I hope all is well with everyone. Holly/Zac- any thoughts to car pooling?

Catch ya all later :diver:
Susie

WWwweeelllll Hellloooo there! So glad to see ya on the board. We miss you here and out there. Hope all is well in your world. This weekend is rough but the 2nd is next weekend.... oh drats! It's Saturday and that always gets me confused..... I hope to make it there but it will be a last minute thing for me. Later Zach

Thanks for the kind words :lmao: I've missed you guys too! Hope you can make it!

Hey Gal!! Nice to see ya. I am in Key Largo this moonth but am checking my work schedule, so sorry I cant help with carpooling.... Hope to see ya soon!
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,634 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:49 AM

Anyone up for doing a June 5th Happy Hour SOMEWHERE in Florida???

While not our official 5 year anniversary...we never did get a chance to celebrate that which was Mar 1st...we are doing a HH in SC to welcome SingleDivers.com to it new home on the 5th of June and one in CO to hear Pup play simultaneously for the CO people and the SC people via all sorts of technological devices LIVE!

So anyone want to make it 3 for 0? I'm thinking of doing a National Press Release to announce the simulataneous HH's. If I recall correctly...the first time this happened the FL group set the ball in motion! Can we beat our last record of 3 simultaneous Happy Hours???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users