• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-05: NOW BOOKING: Red Sea & Egypt May 29th - June 12th, 2010 (15 days/14 nites)

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

THIS TRIP IS NOW OPEN TO ALL OUR MEMBERS!

14 Women
2 Men

WE NEED SOME GOOD MEN!!! :o

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION ON SINGLE OCCUPANCY:

For those signing up for single occupancy I wanted to clarify that it is for the land portion only. And while the price is listed for the s/o on the boat...we will not be accepting any s/o's on the boat unless we need them to FILL the boat only....otherwise we will have to turn away members who wish to do this trip.

Sheena aka weescot really wants to join us for the diving portion only but has graciously offered her seat to a member doing the full pkg. If we do not get enough members to do the full pkg we will certainly put her on the boat OR if we fill the first boat and opt to do a second boat we will ABSOLUTELY put her on the trip doing the diving only. The sooner we know if this one will fill out the sooner we can make those decisions.

Thank you all! kamala :o

p.s. If anyone who signed up for a s/o thought it included the boat please let me know and I will change you back to d/o if you desire.

I sure would like to go on this trip - I love diving the Red Sea! I was on an Emperor boat earlier this year and they will look after you and guide you on some of the most amazing dives. I am aware it is the "trip of a lifetime" for many but I have been there and got the t-shirt. I lived in Cairo for a year and looked at the pyramids everyday - they NEVER ceased to amaze me. The combination of ancient culture and world class diving will not dissapoint anyone either signed up for this trip or thinking about it - and it looks like a great crowd are going. I really hope to join you :D

Attached Thumbnails

• PyrimidFinger.jpg

Edited by weescot, 03 November 2009 - 11:55 AM.

Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#93 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:12 AM

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION ON SINGLE OCCUPANCY:

For those signing up for single occupancy I wanted to clarify that it is for the land portion only. And while the price is listed for the s/o on the boat...we will not be accepting any s/o's on the boat unless we need them to FILL the boat only....otherwise we will have to turn away members who wish to do this trip.

Sheena aka weescot really wants to join us for the diving portion only but has graciously offered her seat to a member doing the full pkg. If we do not get enough members to do the full pkg we will certainly put her on the boat OR if we fill the first boat and opt to do a second boat we will ABSOLUTELY put her on the trip doing the diving only. The sooner we know if this one will fill out the sooner we can make those decisions.

Thank you all! kamala :thankyou:

p.s. If anyone who signed up for a s/o thought it included the boat please let me know and I will change you back to d/o if you desire.

I sure would like to go on this trip - I love diving the Red Sea! I was on an Emperor boat earlier this year and they will look after you and guide you on some of the most amazing dives. I am aware it is the "trip of a lifetime" for many but I have been there and got the t-shirt. I lived in Cairo for a year and looked at the pyramids everyday - they NEVER ceased to amaze me. The combination of ancient culture and world class diving will not dissapoint anyone either signed up for this trip or thinking about it - and it looks like a great crowd are going. I really hope to join you :)

Sheena, it would be great to see you again!!!

Rosa

#94 Hammered Head

Hammered Head

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:28

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hey Kamala!

When is the right time to get trip insurance? I already paid for the Red Sea with SD, but don't have my flight to NY, yet. Should I purchase insurance before I do that?
I grew up with four brothers......'nuff said!

#95 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hey Kamala!

When is the right time to get trip insurance? I already paid for the Red Sea with SD, but don't have my flight to NY, yet. Should I purchase insurance before I do that?

Hey Cass, Kamala's at DEMA through the 7th and then traveling home afterward...

Get insurance sooner rather than later... I had a health scare before my second trip and hadn't gotten insurance, thankfully that didn't cause a problem, but it could have caused a problem as a preexisting condition if I hadn't been able to make the trip.

I personally prefer to include the cost of airline tickets in trip insurance, so at least know the ballpark figure of the ticket before you get insurance if you want that covered.

The sooner you get trip insurance, the sooner you are covered. Just my two cents worth.

--Heidi

#96 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

As far as trip insurance goes, I tend to agree. Given how the airline flight to NY is such a small piece, I would get the trip insurance on the large package, and then you can decide when you buy the flights how you want to do it. You can use a site like Kayak to estimate the cost of the NYC flight today and just add that in to the cost, or buy flight insurance when you buy your ticket seperately. I'd buy the insurance on the large package as soon as you can.

#97 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

Wow... see what happens when you don't check the site every day... a bunch of people sign up for a trip. Kamala if I book S/O is that for both the land and the boat?
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#98 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

Ari, the S/O is for the land portion only at this time. Please come along! We need more guys! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#99 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

Document Update:
1. Kathy aka Little Mermaid ww got your SD Waiver and your Survey! :teeth:
2. Sanja aka Pisces1961 ww got your SD Waiver and your Survey! ;)
3. Deb aka deb4diving ww got your SD Waiver! :fish2:

#100 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

Officially signing up for the 2nd boat :teeth:

#101 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

Officially signing up for the 2nd boat :teeth:

Hey girl we still have 4 spots open on the first boat. We need to fill those hopefully with a few more guys...and then we can start on the second boat! THEN we'd need at least 11 more I think to do it. I will check my previous post on it. I am not sure we can get that many people sweetie...but I'd love to have a second boat! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#102 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

Is there any way to turn up the temperature on the water... 75 degrees!!!! brrrrrrr.....

#103 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

Is there any way to turn up the temperature on the water... 75 degrees!!!! brrrrrrr.....

...but it could be 100 degree on the surface...I think we had belly dancing classes on the boat.

#104 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

...but it could be 100 degree on the surface...I think we had belly dancing classes on the boat.

If it were 100 degrees in the water... it would be nice... ok so maybe 90 something would be better.

#105 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Kamala,
Are park fees included-I might have missed seeing that. I was looking on 1 of the web sites and it seemed there were fees for several sites.
Also, any info on the flight leaving JFK so I can start to make arranges to get to JFK.
Thx, Deb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users