• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

04: NOW $1395 PRICE REDUCTION SINGLE´S WEEK April 10-17 Dream, Dive, Discover the Underwater World of Mayaguana

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 JHeyNow

JHeyNow

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water, Nitrox, Deep, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

[quote name='ScubaPunk' date='Mar 27 2010, 12:46 PM' post='269758']
So that you can arrange taxi sharing, here are the arrival times, (which are also in the first thread under each persons name).

JHeyNow - 12:55 pm - Arriving on 4/9

Arriving on 4/10:
Kelly - 11:19 pm
btu911 - 1:00 pm

Diveaholic - 2:15 pm
Wreckwench - 2:25 pm
ScubaShafer = 2:25 pm

Reefshot - 2:30 pm
Bonnie - 2:30 pm

Cmdr Clownfish - 2:45 pm
Scubapunk - 2:24 pm
ThatJoeguy - 2:45 pm

BackAtt - 3:00 pm
KateP - 3:00 pm
Tray - 3:00 pm

Jeff aka JHeyNow gets in April 9th Friday at 12:55pm
(Chillin & Grillin)

Edited by ScubaPunk, 30 March 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#182 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

I arrive on Friday April 9th - Staying at The Sands at Grace Bay http://www.thesandsresort.com/ - Located middle of the Island about 10 minutes away from the Airport

Might catch a dive or snorkel that day and early Sat morning. ( Just Chillin & Grillin)

I talked to Nekton today and they said after 1:30pm on Saturday you can load your gear on board. Hang around if you want and get something to eat before boarding at 7:00pm Boat departs at 8;00pm. Me - I am not hanging around no commercial pier for hours I will be at the resort to at least 5:30 pm

The boat "Nekton Rorqual " will not be at the Nikki Beach Marina per their website It will be located at the commercial pier (south dock) near the airport. The Boat cell number is 954-253-5574 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 954-253-5574 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Not sure if I will rent a car for the day or not. Have a friend that goes to Provo a lot and said if you need a good taxi service that is reasonable try:

Tina Taxi - 649-344-2018 or 649-243-1672 you can e-mail her also at Tinawalkinwalkin26@yahoo.com

I called her already, she told me it would be $26.00 for a ride to my hotel.

My cell will be on also ** - Jeff Hayden's Cell

Jeff aka JHeyNow

Thanks Jeff - That is great information.

#183 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Forgot you were arriving a day early Jeff. So are you going to invite all of us to your hotel for a pre boarding happy hour? :cool1:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 30 March 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#184 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:Solo, EAN
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

Me - I am not hanging around no commercial pier for hours I will be at the resort to at least 5:30 pm

The boat "Nekton Rorqual " will not be at the Nikki Beach Marina per their website It will be located at the commercial pier (south dock) near the airport.

Commercial South Dock was my experience as described in the post above (page 10, bottom). Less than 3 miles from airport to dock, at least one liquor store on the route. No facilities of any kind at the dock itself.

Edited by TexasDiver, 31 March 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#185 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

A new gal from Atlanta no less (this trip is full of HOTLANTA PEOPLE) :birthday: has been asking about another spot on the trip and I called the boat just to verify and they said they had just had a cancellation so Christine aka scubachristine can now officially join us! :P

She is in the process of getting signed up for the trip and will be posting as soon as the site allows her. I worked with her for 30 minutes last night and the system would not let post. Hopefully its fixed today.

So join me in welcoming another great SD'er to the trip! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#186 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE AS OF 1:30PM 4-1-10...NO NOT A JOKE:

Ok the office was able to talk to the boat for me and we have a few changes to even the changes Jeff told you about. The critical ones are:

1. Water temps are now reading 78 degrees. So Craig showed a range of 70 to 74 so hopefully if the high has increased to 78 we'll be looking at a range of 74 to 78. STILL BRING VESTS OR ANOTHER SUIT TO LAYER WITH as the boat's supply of rental suits is limited not to mention $.

2. The land tour allows us to meet some of the characters of the island and them to meet us. It is unvarnished and pure...it will not be politically correct in many ways but who would want it if it were. The tour is WHY the boat got the license to moor in Mayaguana and run these trips so it is not optional. However if you really do not wish to do the tour, the $30 price also includes dinner so you MAY be able to do dinner and hang out at the hotel which has free wifi. I'm not sure we can do that but it MAY be an option. Please note that the tour price is NOW $30 vs. $25.

3. Note the NEW BOARDING TIME IS NOW 7:30pm and NOT 7pm.

4. Since this is SUCH A NEW DESTINATION the logistics are still being worked out. That is ALSO why I waited a few weeks to do the trip...they would work out most of the kinks before we did it. :P Here is the LATEST ON THE TIMES WE CAN DROP LUGGAGE AS WELL AS ANOTHER OPTION FOR LUGGAGE.

a, USUALLY you can start dropping luggage at 1:30pm as the boat is USUALLY NOW docked from 1:30pm onward. (The first trip that Craig was on they did not know the harbor so when the tide was out they could not navigate properly but they now have that worked out.)

b. I say USUALLY because unless a big ferry is docked we can off load luggage at 1:30 onward. IF THE FERRY is there it will be 3:30pm and there is no way to know.

OPTIONS:

a. If you wish to bypass the whole 1:30 or 3:30 deal then head to Turtle Cove Marina where you can go to either the Tiki Hut or the Shark Bite both of which serve good casual food and will let you store your luggage in the corner while you relax, eat and drink.

b. Or you can take your chances on the boat being there at 1:30 and if it is not then tell your taxi driver to take you to a VERY NEARBY beach bar called Las Brisas which is on the beach, has a pool and bar and they have been greeting Nekton Clients as if they are old friends. They will also let you store your luggage while you drink, eat and relax. Tel # is 649.946.5306

c. MAKE SURE YOU STOP FOR ADULT BEVERAGES AND SODAS ETC BEFORE YOU GET TO THE BOAT. The boat does not sell such things so you need to bring your own.

OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER:

The boat will cut you lose between 8 and 9am. You will want to head to the airport before noon to avoid 2 hr lines like Craig aka TexasDiver encountered. BUT GET FOOD FIRST as once you go into the secure area there is NO FOOD and its very difficult to get out and go back in again.

MAKE SURE YOU STOP FOR ADULT BEVERAGES AND SODAS ETC BEFORE YOU GET TO THE BOAT. The boat does not sell such things so you need to bring your own. There is a liquor store NEAR the boat so get your taxi driver to take you to it on the way to the boat.

Ok gang...see you soon! I will get one more temp reading after the trip this week! kamala

I arrive on Friday April 9th - Staying at The Sands at Grace Bay http://www.thesandsresort.com/ - Located middle of the Island about 10 minutes away from the Airport

Might catch a dive or snorkel that day and early Sat morning. ( Just Chillin & Grillin)

I talked to Nekton today and they said after 1:30pm on Saturday you can load your gear on board. Hang around if you want and get something to eat before boarding at 7:00pm Boat departs at 8;00pm. Me - I am not hanging around no commercial pier for hours I will be at the resort to at least 5:30 pm

The boat "Nekton Rorqual " will not be at the Nikki Beach Marina per their website It will be located at the commercial pier (south dock) near the airport. The Boat cell number is 954-253-5574 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 954-253-5574 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Not sure if I will rent a car for the day or not. Have a friend that goes to Provo a lot and said if you need a good taxi service that is reasonable try:

Tina Taxi - 649-344-2018 or 649-243-1672 you can e-mail her also at Tinawalkinwalkin26@yahoo.com

I called her already, she told me it would be $26.00 for a ride to my hotel.

My cell will be on also ** - Jeff Hayden's Cell

Jeff aka JHeyNow

** Moderator edit to remove personal cell phone number. Contact ScubaPunk if you need to contact Jeff

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

A new gal from Atlanta no less (this trip is full of HOTLANTA PEOPLE) :teeth: has been asking about another spot on the trip and I called the boat just to verify and they said they had just had a cancellation so Christine aka scubachristine can now officially join us! :P

She is in the process of getting signed up for the trip and will be posting as soon as the site allows her. I worked with her for 30 minutes last night and the system would not let post. Hopefully its fixed today.

So join me in welcoming another great SD'er to the trip! kamala

Looks like everything is in order for her to post. We'll be doing our 100th dive at about the same time.

Welcome aboard Christine

#188 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Was it ever announced who won the free upgrade to a single room or free Nitrox?
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#189 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

Given that we are all going to have some time to kill prior to boarding, perhaps we should designate one of the local establishments as our rallying point?

#190 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

Given that we are all going to have some time to kill prior to boarding, perhaps we should designate one of the local establishments as our rallying point?

EXCELLENT Idea!!!
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#191 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

Was it ever announced who won the free upgrade to a single room or free Nitrox?

No not announced yet. Will do so as soon as I can!

formerly...

#192 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Payment Update:

1. Christine aka scubaschristine: ww got your $1395 + 195 nitrox _ $203.80 fees + $35 Premier membership via echeck! :wakawaka:

#193 scubachristine

scubachristine

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Howdy. Thanks for the welcomes and for the update on the echeck status. Glad everything got where it was supposed to go. I'm arriving on the Delta #509 flight getting in at 1:00pm on 4/10. Any chance I could try to share a taxi with someone else getting in at that time? I thought I saw someone else arriving at 1:00, but am not sure how to get back to that page to check from this one (still finding my way around the website ;) ). See ya soon!

#194 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:28 AM

Howdy. Thanks for the welcomes and for the update on the echeck status. Glad everything got where it was supposed to go. I'm arriving on the Delta #509 flight getting in at 1:00pm on 4/10. Any chance I could try to share a taxi with someone else getting in at that time? I thought I saw someone else arriving at 1:00, but am not sure how to get back to that page to check from this one (still finding my way around the website ;) ). See ya soon!

Look for Sue aka Btu911 and Kelly at the airport.

#195 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

Actually, I need to make a few updates... not sure how I missed updating the thread, but I had changed the flight before I booked it, to the flight arriving at 1pm instead of 3pm (from Atlanta) so I am on the same flight as Christine. It also looks like you all need updates re: Trip Insurance and Dive Ins on the first page.

Delta flight 509 ATL-PLS Leave ATL 9:55 am Arr PLS 1:00 pm
Dive Insurance: Dan & Dive Assure
Trip Insurance: a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already. (Dive Assure)

Christine, I'll try to remember to wear my purple singledivers.com t-shirt, but even if I don't I'm sure we'll figure it out pretty quick!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users