• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

04: NOW $1395 PRICE REDUCTION SINGLE´S WEEK April 10-17 Dream, Dive, Discover the Underwater World of Mayaguana

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

For all those interested in such things, water surface temps appear to be about 80F in Mayaguana right now.

http://www.wundergro...index_region=at

Folks, lets not forget the school supplies. I have a feeling mayaguana probably has about one text book on each subject that they all share. Any little bit has to be alot of help for them.

#197 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

For all those interested in such things, water surface temps appear to be about 80F in Mayaguana right now.

http://www.wundergro...index_region=at

Folks, lets not forget the school supplies. I have a feeling mayaguana probably has about one text book on each subject that they all share. Any little bit has to be alot of help for them.

Thank you Scott for the timely reminder!

There is STILL time to get some school supplies and make a difference on the island for the local kids! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#198 scubachristine

scubachristine

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Actually, I need to make a few updates... not sure how I missed updating the thread, but I had changed the flight before I booked it, to the flight arriving at 1pm instead of 3pm (from Atlanta) so I am on the same flight as Christine. It also looks like you all need updates re: Trip Insurance and Dive Ins on the first page.

Delta flight 509 ATL-PLS Leave ATL 9:55 am Arr PLS 1:00 pm
Dive Insurance: Dan & Dive Assure
Trip Insurance: a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already. (Dive Assure)

Christine, I'll try to remember to wear my purple singledivers.com t-shirt, but even if I don't I'm sure we'll figure it out pretty quick!

Great! Thanks everyone. I'll try to figure out the picture posting thing so I can get one on here before we leave. I'm a redhead (and will have extra sunscreen for anyone who needs it!) ;)

#199 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Did we ever figure out a rendevouz place or does each group of peeps arriving want to decide if they will hang out at Las Brisas or one of the other places in Provenciales?

If using Las Brisas the one nearest the boat...that you should have your taxi driver take you to the dock (negotiate a fare between $8 and $15 per person or tell them you'll get the next taxi driver and have him stop for liquor (limited selection so bring your own) and then swing by the boat to see if its there.

NOTE:
This is a commercial dock so if you see the boat you can offload luggage. If you DO NOT SEE THE BOAT then keep going to Las Brisas. When the boat gets to port at 7:30 pm they will call taxi drivers and have them dispatched to Las Brisas knowing that some people will be waiting there!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#200 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

I'll try to figure out the picture posting thing so I can get one on here before we leave.

Check for a PM from me with instructions on Avatars and Personal Profile Pictures!
Posted Image

#201 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

I'll try to figure out the picture posting thing so I can get one on here before we leave.

Check for a PM from me with instructions on Avatars and Personal Profile Pictures!

Thank you Tammy! :respect: Sometimes I just post the directions so if anyone else is new they can benefit from them too! :cool1:

formerly...

#202 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

Payment Update:

1. Christine aka scubachristine ww got your $800 payment for upgrade to single cabin. :P

Document Update:

1. Christine aka scubachristine: Received your Survey, Waiver & Nekton Docs! :P

#203 KellyDiver

KellyDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:aow and nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

Did we ever figure out a rendevouz place or does each group of peeps arriving want to decide if they will hang out at Las Brisas or one of the other places in Provenciales?

If using Las Brisas the one nearest the boat...that you should have your taxi driver take you to the dock (negotiate a fare between $8 and $15 per person or tell them you'll get the next taxi driver and have him stop for liquor (limited selection so bring your own) and then swing by the boat to see if its there.

NOTE:
This is a commercial dock so if you see the boat you can offload luggage. If you DO NOT SEE THE BOAT then keep going to Las Brisas. When the boat gets to port at 7:30 pm they will call taxi drivers and have them dispatched to Las Brisas knowing that some people will be waiting there!

Looking at the arrival times on Saturday, it still looks like I am the first to arrive at 11:19 am. I plan to stop for liquor, head to the boat to drop off my gear if possible and then head to Las Brisas for lunch/sunshine/pool/cocktails till boat time. I will likely be sitting around the pool slathered in SPF 105 with my nose stuck in my Kindle :lmao:

#204 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Kelly! We'll see you at Las Brisas or at the boat! Not sure where my group will want to go! k

formerly...

#205 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:19 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. Don't forget School Supplies. I have a contact on the island that is estatic that we are able to help! :birthday:

2. I've been asked for emergency numbers...the first two are standard cell numbers so easy to reach and most people's carriers will work in the Bahamas. Cool! kamala

Capt Chris: 954-629-6492
Alternate Celfone to the Boat: 954-253-5574.
Last resort is the sat phone which is 011-870-764-687-824 (Charges will apply to the use of this phone for both outgoing and incoming calls.)

formerly...

#206 scubachristine

scubachristine

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hi -
Thanks for the instructions on the picture uploading. Have been having some internet connectivity probs at home, but hopefully will finally be resolved by the time I get home today and can try again. Guess it's a small airport, right? : )
Also, just wondering if anyone knows which school supplies might be most needed (last Target run tonight!) - I'm thinking pens, pencils, paper, notebooks - but thought ya'll might know if there are other supplies that would be more helpful.
See you tomorrow - YAY!! :birthday:

#207 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

Hey girl...the FAQ in the 2nd post of this trip thread/topic answers that question. But you nailed it...simpler is better. Also cheap eye glasses are good as are erasers, small pencil sharpeners, etc.

Basically anything works...paper is really good as it weighs a lot and so costs more to import due to shipping! I hope that helps! kamala

formerly...

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Also try a Dollar Store since you can get two or three the amount for the same money as target.

#209 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

As is typical ScubaPunk tradition, I will start packing around midnight. My flight leaves for Dallas at 6:00 am, so that should give me plenty of time! See ya all tomorrow. :wakawaka: :cool1: :teeth:

#210 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

As is typical ScubaPunk tradition, I will start packing around midnight. My flight leaves for Dallas at 6:00 am, so that should give me plenty of time! See ya all tomorrow. :wakawaka: :teeth: :teeth:

Hee! Hee! My ride leaves for Atlanta at 2am so I will be packing um...NOW and then working in the truck and at the airport. Correction...sleeping in the truck...working at the airport and then sleeping on the plane!

See you all there! :cool1:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users