• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010 Health & Fitness Challenge?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#136 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'm doing the HCG diet, and lots of exercise. 500 calories a day isn't much, but if they're the right calories, your body feeds on it's excess fat. Working for me, anyway.....

HCG??? Sheesh, that's like part of a meal each day.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#137 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:55 AM

Speaking of Health and Fitness, as of today I am smoke free for 12 years!!

I purchased a roller trainer for my bicycle yesterday, now I have to learn to ride all over again.

I will also continue with my mile walk with the dog Mon thru Fri mornings.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#138 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

Congrats, Keith!
Posted Image

#139 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

Congrats on the 12 years! That is quite a feat! and I know you have quite a bit of time racked up now, too Tammy! I am back in the land of the non-smoking, again, too. I made a deal with myself and so far it's working. :wakawaka: :wakawaka:
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#140 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

Yep, I celebrated 3 years on October 11. Good for you, Kate! You ever need someone to support you in the quitting process, I'm here for you, even if you just need to whine or vent or whatever!
Posted Image

#141 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

Well I thought I'd report in... For everyone out there who thinks it is an absolute forgone conclusion that you will gain weight when you quit smoking... I had a physical yesterday and am happy ( and surprised) to report that i've lost over ten pounds since I quit (during holidays, no less!). I knew I'd lost a little but not as much as I had. Anyway, I know I get inspiration from reading about what other sd'ers are up to, to improve their health, whether it's here or on fb, so thought I'd throw that out!

Happy holidays everyone!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#142 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

I was scanning recent posts here and have to shout out Congratulations on the successes so many are experiencing! :cool1: :wakawaka: I agree with Kate, your stories combine to be an inspiration for the rest of us. (Not least your own reports, Kate! A special congrats on your terrific news!) :angel2: Thanks for sharing! :dancing:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#143 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

Well I thought I'd report in... For everyone out there who thinks it is an absolute forgone conclusion that you will gain weight when you quit smoking... I had a physical yesterday and am happy ( and surprised) to report that i've lost over ten pounds since I quit (during holidays, no less!). I knew I'd lost a little but not as much as I had. Anyway, I know I get inspiration from reading about what other sd'ers are up to, to improve their health, whether it's here or on fb, so thought I'd throw that out!

Happy holidays everyone!

:cheerleader: Congrats!!! :cheerleader:
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#144 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

My year for fitnesse and better health has been a great one...I set a goal of losing 30 pounds by Thanksgiving and made that goal by the beginning of October

I've found that I don't lose weight unless I work out every day and don't drink any alcohol; what or how much I eat does matter but not as much as the alcohol

and I've been smoke free since the summer of 1999! Congrats to all how have quit or are actively trying to quit..it is difficult but I can honestly say I don't miss smoking at all; it is SO worth it :wakawaka:

#145 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

Good for you, Kimmie! But, I think I know where your 30 lbs went....you used magic at the last Dallas HH I attended, to switch it to me! I'm currently working on taking it off! :lmao:
Posted Image

#146 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Is this going to be started for this new year? As I have been averaging 1.9 miles a day on the treadmill inaddition to my my PT that i do on a daily basis. My goal for this year is to lose 30 lbs and be able to take my shirt off and be comfortable in my own skin.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#147 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Is this going to be started for this new year? As I have been averaging 1.9 miles a day on the treadmill inaddition to my my PT that i do on a daily basis. My goal for this year is to lose 30 lbs and be able to take my shirt off and be comfortable in my own skin.

I'm following up on the tooth's post here... In Dec and early Jan I was doing well with eating and exercise and I'm still doing ok, but not AS WELL with eating. Calling myself out is a good way to get me motivated to get back on track, but I'd love for us to have some sort of organized "thing" going on!

#148 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

Good for you for sticking with the exercise and getting back on track with eating.

How's everyone else doing? Keith - are you biking inside?
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#149 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

well i have fallen off the wagon a bit. Its been almost 3 weeks since i have been on the treadmill, nor been doing the level of PT i should be doing for my back and i havent been keeping up with my nutritional plan as a result im up 4 lbs from 3 weeks ago (grrrr). Its to late tonight to get on the treadmill tonight and im gonna get

My employer on the other hand started a new program this year to promote fitness and wellness. There giving away bux's (1 bux = $1 in selling price) there good for company logo's apparel, uniform accessories (like this) and such. There giving out 1 bux per mile walked and 5 per pound lost, so all in total if things go like im planning in august when this all ends Ill have probably 3-500 bux's to spend from walking alone.

sorry for not mentioning names but my employer has a hair right now about being named in public online, despite the company name gets 200+ million hits on a google search, but thats above my pay grade.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#150 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

I've lost 11 pounds since early January. I'm just over halfway towards my goal of 20 pounds before the Bonaire trip. :cheerleader:

Also...Isn't it time someone created a thread titled 2011 Health/Fitness Challenge?
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users