• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Belize Jan 9-16, 2010...OFFICIAL TRIP REPORT!!!

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#16 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

Scott, are you diving Commando again??? :cool1:
Posted Image

#17 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

Scott, are you diving Commando again??? :P

And here I thought we were the first group... :D

Of all my weird personality traits, THAT was the one that came to you first? :cool1: Apparently I slur the word 'sitter' so when I say dog s$*!&ter, people only hear 'dog'.

Any psychoanalysis required would be way too simple for someone with Jessica's capabilities. :P
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#18 ArtRunScuba

ArtRunScuba

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver. 18 liveaboards
  • Logged Dives:675

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Writing tonight from Pelican Internet Cafe. Did two dives yesterday, one with Patojo and one with Rafa. Rafa caught three lobsters and prepared an incredible ceviche, which he shared with Craig, who did not dive Saturday and myself and Patojo and others. Jessica joined Craig and me for dinner which finally ended up at Blue Water Grill. Today Craig and Peter and I dove and were joined by a couple from San Francisco. Rafa was guide both times. Water was calm and weather great! Yesterday Patojo's wife invited myself and Craig to their daughter Linda's ninth birthday party. Craig, Peter, and I bought some Mylie Cyrus stuff as a gift after we had lunch after the two dives. The party was great and many kids and their parents were there. Peter took some great pictures and Craig did an extensive video which will likely soon be on youtube and we should all expect to be able to see both their efforts soon.

Also note that it was extremely difficult to get to single divers site from the cafe. It kept going to web searches. A real disaster. Finally able to google diver_runner_artcollector and that got me to a site where I could access. :cool1:

#19 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

Also note that it was extremely difficult to get to single divers site from the cafe. It kept going to web searches. A real disaster.

I hate to ask the obvious but did you try just typing www.singledivers.com into the address line at the top of the screen? :cool1:
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#20 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

For those of you that purchased pictures from AquaDivers - check your pics.

They sent me three pics but only two were ones I ordered. I haven't heard back from Julio yet but am hoping they'll send me the correct one.

#21 PilotDiverBrad

PilotDiverBrad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:21

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:13 AM

Also note that it was extremely difficult to get to single divers site from the cafe. It kept going to web searches. A real disaster. Finally able to google diver_runner_artcollector and that got me to a site where I could access. :cool1:

I had no issues getting access form Pelican Internet Cafe. In fact this whole thread was started there from machine #8.

Sounds like you had a great extra couple of days. I tell you what I've already ordered a pair of Blade fins for the next trip down there. Rafa is a damn fish and I needed something with more power than those split fins of mine to keep up with him.

#22 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

From Brad's AOW thread which I didn't want to derail -

.... I do a mean Cajun Red Beans and Rice since I grew up in Cajun country myself.....or you can check out some of these pics of my cooks:

http://www.facebook....mp;l=af616a6344
http://www.facebook....mp;l=46c2544528
http://www.facebook....mp;l=d330b57674
http://www.facebook....mp;l=e24bf5ebc7
http://www.facebook....mp;l=cf8268f10c

Mmmmmmm!! Will you share your beans and rice recipe??? :cool1:

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

Writing tonight from Pelican Internet Cafe. Did two dives yesterday, one with Patojo and one with Rafa. Rafa caught three lobsters and prepared an incredible ceviche, which he shared with Craig, who did not dive Saturday and myself and Patojo and others. Jessica joined Craig and me for dinner which finally ended up at Blue Water Grill. Today Craig and Peter and I dove and were joined by a couple from San Francisco. Rafa was guide both times. Water was calm and weather great! Yesterday Patojo's wife invited myself and Craig to their daughter Linda's ninth birthday party. Craig, Peter, and I bought some Mylie Cyrus stuff as a gift after we had lunch after the two dives. The party was great and many kids and their parents were there. Peter took some great pictures and Craig did an extensive video which will likely soon be on youtube and we should all expect to be able to see both their efforts soon.

Awesome! The family is so nice and I can totally see them inviting you all to participate! They make you feel like family when you are their guests and that is wonderful! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Scott, are you diving Commando again??? :teeth:

Naw but he sure took charge a couple of times! And he even fixed our Pay Now links on the home page of SingleDivers.com! :cool1:

Not to mention my email access a million times and Brad aka Dive_Sail_Etc fixed it the OTHER MILLION TIMES!!!! And I think HG fixed it the OTHER OTHER MILLION TIMES!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

• Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Scott, are you diving Commando again??? :diver:

From now on I will spend 2 days before each dive trip chanting "MUST WEAR PANTS... MUST WEAR PANTS"

#26 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

From now on I will spend 2 days before each dive trip chanting "MUST WEAR PANTS... MUST WEAR PANTS"

You might want to tape it up on your bathroom mirror. :hiya: You are way too fun to tease.

• Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

You might want to tape it up on your bathroom mirror. :hiya: You are way too fun to tease.

TROUBLEMAKER!!!!

#28 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

You might want to tape it up on your bathroom mirror.

What exactly did you have in mind? :diver:

#29 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

TROUBLEMAKER!!!!

I keep telling you - it's part of my 'charm'. You'd better get back to chanting. :D

#30 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

I tell you what I've already ordered a pair of Blade fins for the next trip down there. Rafa is a damn fish and I needed something with more power than those split fins of mine to keep up with him.

Brad, I did the exact same thing after the Keys Krawl this past August, when I encountered current stronger than my split fins - or I - could handle! My LDS let me try the Blade 2's in their pool and I compared them to my splits, and I bought the Blades on the spot. Best part is, they weight like HALF what my split fins weigh! :diver:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users