• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Official Bonaire Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 SaltyKSue

SaltyKSue

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:235

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

I've put together a 10 minute video of the Costume / Skit Contest. Neal did two skits. Because I have already posted "Lionfish Hunter" only "Cork Saver" is in this version.

Now available here, select High Def for best viewing:

Please rate and comment on all my videos on YouTube (5 Stars, please; just say "good" or "thank you") because if I receive enough favorable ratings YouTube will permit me to upload videos longer than the 10 minute limit!

Instead of hunting up each individual link, simply go to YouTube.com and in the Search box type "down2biz" (without the quote marks) and a list of all my dive related videos will come up!

Hey Jade!
Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to tape and post this for us! You did a great job!
I really appreciate it! Helps bring the memories of such a fun trip to life!
LOVE DEEPLY AND PASSIONATELY, YOU MIGHT GET HURT BUT IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE LIFE COMPLETELY!

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hey Craig...can you cross reference your videos to include SingleDivers.com or SingleDivers.com Single's Week Bonaire? Other videographers do that for us and it helps so we can sort for SingleDivers.com and find all our member's videos from trips! Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:Solo, EAN
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hey Craig...can you cross reference your videos to include SingleDivers.com or SingleDivers.com Single's Week Bonaire? Other videographers do that for us and it helps so we can sort for SingleDivers.com and find all our member's videos from trips! Thank you! kamala

I'm way ahead of you! The videos from Belize and Bonaire are already tagged! I just checked and a YouTube search on "singledivers.com" does in fact pull up my videos.

Edited by Dive_Girl, 17 March 2010 - 08:28 PM.
post modification in adherence to site Policy 4

#34 SaltyKSue

SaltyKSue

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

The SD Bonaire 2010 photo gallery is now open! I figured I'd better post mine before all the guys with the BIG cameras started posting.... :wakawaka:

http://www.singlediv...a...=sc&cat=208

But, every trip I learn a little more. This trip, a special thank you to one friend who shared a lot of photo wisdom with me. I haven't forgotten my next assignment!

Ok Tammy- your gonna have to share some of that wisdom with me! Now if I can figure out how to post my pics on here.....I'll add a few too!
LOVE DEEPLY AND PASSIONATELY, YOU MIGHT GET HURT BUT IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE LIFE COMPLETELY!

#35 SaltyKSue

SaltyKSue

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

The SD Bonaire 2010 photo gallery is now open! I figured I'd better post mine before all the guys with the BIG cameras started posting.... :wakawaka:

http://www.singlediv...a...=sc&cat=208

But, every trip I learn a little more. This trip, a special thank you to one friend who shared a lot of photo wisdom with me. I haven't forgotten my next assignment!

Ok Tammy- your gonna have to share some of that wisdom with me! Now if I can figure out how to post my pics on here.....I'll add a few too!

Well, ok I can't figure it out! Maybe someone can splain it ta me?
I also have some "footage" of an U/W cat fight that might be fun for some of ya'll to see!

#36 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

I also have some "footage" of an U/W cat fight that might be fun for some of ya'll to see!

Hi Karen,

First of all, the Gallery limits photos submitted to under 225K or thereabouts; also the upload is single file and therefore a teensey bit laborious compared to sites more committed to (and consequently configured for) bulk uploads.

The only Upload pushbutton in the Gallery that I have found is in the upper right corner of the page you link into from Tammy's link, labeled "New Image". The actual upload CGI is not so different than for a conventional email attachment, but then you must return to the gallery link page to get back to the "New Image" pushbutton.

Clear as mud? :bam: Pro bono tech support: Worth every penny paid for it! :P

Seriously, if this does not help please feel free to PM and I will conjure more specific step by step instructions. :wakawaka: I confess one of the IPB architecture shortcomings is in managing photos...

(Now, about this UW catfight...) :birthday:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#37 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Board Status:Getting back into the swing of things
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

OK, I'm gonna give it a shot. It looks like you've already found your way to the Bonaire Galley, so now we just need to get you posting pics. In the screenshot below, I've circled the button that takes you to the screen that allows you to upload a new image.

Posted Image

After you click that button, you'll be presented with the screen below. Anything you put in the Caption field will show up as a title under the photo (Wenchie, Basket Star, Yunmmy!, etc. from the screen shot above). In the Upload Photo section there is the Browse button which will allow you to browse your hard drive for the image you wish to upload. Once you've selected an image the Post Image button adds that image to the gallery.

Posted Image

I hope this helps!

Mark
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#38 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Oh good lord thats hard to watch. If it wasnt for the muscle relaxers i wouldnt have been able to get through that video. That was a good laugh

I have one idea that i would use if this theme comes up again :wakawaka:. Now only a couple things to work on to put it over the top, including the guts to pull it off.

TexasDiver thank you for the the video

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

MARK....YOU ROCK DEAR~!~~ :birthday:

That was a great tutorial on how to upload a picture!!! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#40 SaltyKSue

SaltyKSue

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

MARK....YOU ROCK DEAR~!~~ :usflag:

That was a great tutorial on how to upload a picture!!! :birthday:

Yes it was and yes you do ROCK MARK! Thanks!
Thanks to Brad for trying to help too but everything you said was FRENCH to me. I could at least follow Marks directions! :twist:
But alas, I've tried 4 different pics and I keep getting this message: image upload failed, please contact a system administrator. So, do tell, who is the system administrator I'm supposed to contact?

#41 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Did you try to resize the picture? A smaller picture takes up less space ... you may have pictures that are too many bytes...

• Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

MARK....YOU ROCK DEAR~!~~ :usflag:

That was a great tutorial on how to upload a picture!!! :birthday:

Thanks to Brad for trying to help too but everything you said was FRENCH to me. I could at least follow Marks directions! :twist:
But alas, I've tried 4 different pics and I keep getting this message: image upload failed, please contact a system administrator. So, do tell, who is the system administrator I'm supposed to contact?

What hangs people up is there are two ways to resize a jpeg picture to be below 200k. One way is to change the compression ratio. That will change the file size but leave the resolution the same. Even though the image will be below 200k, it still won't load since there are too many pixels. What you want to do is change the resolution of the photo so that the photo is below 200k. That actually changes the number of pixels. You can PM me if this doesn't work.

#43 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Board Status:Getting back into the swing of things
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

So, do tell, who is the system administrator I'm supposed to contact?

I hate it when I get messages telling me to talk to my system administrator - that guy is NEVER any help. Sheesh.

What you want to do is change the resolution of the photo so that the photo is below 200k.

I use 72dpi when resizing my images for posting to the web. Oddly enough this web site hasn't had any problems with them at all.
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#44 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

MARK....YOU ROCK DEAR~!~~ :twist:
That was a great tutorial on how to upload a picture!!! :usflag:

Thanks to Brad for trying to help too but everything you said was FRENCH to me. I could at least follow Marks directions! :D

Er... Parlez vous.. ya'll? :birthday: I feel so inadequate! (Oh, wait, I always feel that way. Must be situation normal!!) :P

Seriously (in a rare moment of sobriety), sorry Salty for the unintentionally cryptic solution suggestions. :bam: That said, I'm glad Mark did come through for you with those nifty vidcap aids, and Scott takes it home with how-to's on reducing photo file size for posting. :cool1: I look forward to seeing your work when finally hung (cyberwise speaking) in the Gallery. :teeth:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#45 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

I resized mine to 200 width and 150 height using photoshop elements and they loaded without a problem using DiveGeek's instructions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users