• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-09: A Turks & Caicos Labor Day Weekend Sept 4-11, 2010 SIGN UP THREAD

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#301 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

You guys are too funny!

But I like it! :birthday:

Jim the camera is a great idea and I have rec'd correspondence from the orphanage so will pass it on to everyone. If we had all the supplies early we could have the early birds deliver them but the boat is thrilled to help out as is the orphanage! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#302 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

YAAAY!!!! :teeth: Two weeks and we will be going down and getting wet together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#303 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Have you bought your Trip Insurance yet??

Updated on 8/26/10

See the Atlantic tropical weather map. Danielle is weakening & headed towards shadragon (need any rain, Simon??), Tropical Storm Earl is behind that one, and another bigger system off the coast of Africa (unnamed as yet). It may not even organize into a storm or head towards T&C waters, but who wants to take the chance??

The cost of trip insurance usually varies by age, destination, dates, your home state and dollars spent on the trip. I already have my ins., but I just did a double-check for me: 50 years old, T&C, 9/4 to 9/11, Missouri, $2750, and found packages ranging from $101 to over $300.

http://www.weather.c...lite_large.html
Posted Image

#304 warm water only diver

warm water only diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

ONE WEEK TO GOOOOOOO. :birthday: I leave 11:30 pm a week from today, Thurs. Anybody out there excited? I've already started packing, LOL.

I will be going shopping for school supplies tomorrow, after I finish my Nitrox class. Yep, you all will have to deal with a Nitrox virgin. :-D
Anybody have a good site to watch the weather? The general sites I have been looking at do not give enought future forecast information.

Wench- you asked if anyone had special food/drink request. I am addicted to diet cola's with caffeine, any brand. Should I bring my own? I usually do, as such luxurys on the islands are expensive. Makes for heavy bags going, but lighter on the return. You do not want to see me without morning caffeine. Adds a new dimension to bouyancy. :lmao:

See all your early arrivers next Fri. Thanks soooo much Jim for arranging our rides. Lets be sure we all get together for drinks and food, not necessarly in that order. :wakawaka:

Christine Cooley- Warm water only diver-

PS- love the icons. :birthday:

#305 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Christine, see my post just above yours. Click on the link, and it will take you to a satellite weather map of the Atlantic/Caribbean. From there, you can click on any page you want to visit on weather.com, including Hurricane Central, or put in the T&C destination for local weather data.
Posted Image

#306 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

ONE WEEK TO GOOOOOOO. :birthday: I leave 11:30 pm a week from today, Thurs. Anybody out there excited? I've already started packing, LOL.

I will be going shopping for school supplies tomorrow, after I finish my Nitrox class. Yep, you all will have to deal with a Nitrox virgin. :-D
Anybody have a good site to watch the weather? The general sites I have been looking at do not give enought future forecast information.

Wench- you asked if anyone had special food/drink request. I am addicted to diet cola's with caffeine, any brand. Should I bring my own? I usually do, as such luxurys on the islands are expensive. Makes for heavy bags going, but lighter on the return. You do not want to see me without morning caffeine. Adds a new dimension to bouyancy. :lmao:

See all your early arrivers next Fri. Thanks soooo much Jim for arranging our rides. Lets be sure we all get together for drinks and food, not necessarly in that order. :wakawaka:

Christine Cooley- Warm water only diver-

PS- love the icons. :birthday:

Christine,

It will most definitely be in that order! :-D

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#307 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Wench- you asked if anyone had special food/drink request. I am addicted to diet cola's with caffeine, any brand. Should I bring my own? I usually do, as such luxurys on the islands are expensive. Makes for heavy bags going, but lighter on the return. You do not want to see me without morning caffeine. Adds a new dimension to bouyancy. :birthday:

I am with you on the diet colas in the morning, but my preference would be Diet Coke. Actually I indicated this request on my EV forms along with my beer of choice (Corona Light).
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#308 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

I've already packed, but I'm going to make sure to wear a sweatshirt on the plane.

http://www.weather.c...slands TKXX0001

From the 10 day forecast:

Sep 4 Saturday
Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the mid 70s.
Sep 5 Sunday
Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the mid 70s.
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#309 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

Anybody out there excited?

ME! ME! ME! :birthday: :birthday: :wakawaka:

#310 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

Anybody out there excited?

ME! ME! ME! :birthday: :birthday: :wakawaka:

Oh I don't know, it's kinda hard to get excited about all that sunshine, clear warm water, fun people, and all those fish!!

I'm just saying.... :lmao:
Sea Turtle advocate!

#311 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

SPECIAL NEEDS...

First make sure the boat knows you have SPECIAL NEEDS so they can best prepare. Usually EV does a tremendous job in preparing for things like this IF they know in advance. And they can always reprovision mid-trip if needed but I would certainly make sure your form showed your addiction to diet drinks. Coffee will be a given and probably available 24/7.

I will also remind the boat that we have some HEAVY DIET DRINKERS....so that will help. Tammy will help me see if anyone is a vegan, vegetarian etc so we can be on top of that as well!

Thanks gang...looking forward to meeting everyone! kamala

p.s. anyone else need a photo stick? suede towel? dive bag? scuba cd? or anything else we sell that I can sherpa down for you all?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#312 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Updated on 8/26/10

See the Atlantic tropical weather map. Danielle is weakening & headed towards shadragon (need any rain, Simon??), Tropical Storm Earl is behind that one, and another bigger system off the coast of Africa (unnamed as yet). It may not even organize into a storm or head towards T&C waters, but who wants to take the chance??

The cost of trip insurance usually varies by age, destination, dates, your home state and dollars spent on the trip. I already have my ins., but I just did a double-check for me: 50 years old, T&C, 9/4 to 9/11, Missouri, $2750, and found packages ranging from $101 to over $300.

Hi, Tammy, the Wench has not given me an adjusted price for the trip yet, and this thing looks dangerous, thinking I might need to do this insurance thing, so what is the deal, best to pm me.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#313 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

As long as you offered... :birthday:

Suede towel please. That should cure my case of towel envy.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#314 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Updated on 8/26/10

Hi, Tammy, the Wench has not given me an adjusted price for the trip yet, and this thing looks dangerous, thinking I might need to do this insurance thing, so what is the deal, best to contact me at orcaman42@comcast.net,
Thanks,
Larry

Larry - I suggest you check the fine print, concerning 'named storms'. All of the policies I've seen require purchase prior to a storm being 'named'.

Bill

ps - glad to see you back and diving!!!

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#315 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Updated on 8/26/10

Hi, Tammy, the Wench has not given me an adjusted price for the trip yet, and this thing looks dangerous, thinking I might need to do this insurance thing, so what is the deal, best to pm me.
Thanks,
Larry

Larry pls use the value of the trip for the insurance. You will be shown on the invoice for having paid in full even if part is a credit. Kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users