• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-05: Memorial Day Florida Keys Liveaboard Liveaboard May 28, 29th & 30th

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Additional Options from the Boat:
Attached below is the info for the normal 3 day trip w/ 2 nights lodging, meals, and 8 dives. If people are going to be flying, we can modify this itinerary to leave the dock by 8:00 AM on Friday and do 4 dives Fri and 4 dives Sat. That way, they have a decent surface interval before flying out on Monday.

What is the price of another full day of diving and lodging on the boat?
A. With another night of lodging/meals and an additional 4 dives, the trip price would be $700. Adding either Thursday or Monday would be fine. The cook will not arrive until Thursday late afternoon, but should be able to get there in time to prepare dinner, and they don’t need me on the boat for the diving that afternoon if doing Thursday.

Another option for either the 8-dive trip or the 12-dive trip (since I’m guessing that all your guys will be flying and will need some addl hours out of the water) is that they can stay an additional night on the boat w/ dinner and breakfast the following morning for $40.

Full Florida Trip Details:

Arrive at Boat Friday late morning
Depart from Dock no later than 12:30 on Friday
Return to dock for dinner onboard and overnight Fri & Sat
Depart from Boat Sunday after lunch (Those with flights on Monday may stay overnight Sunday)

2 nights, 8 dives (2 Fri, 4 Sat, 2 Sun) in Fort Lauderdale, FL area
Vessel Name Easy Goin’
Website www.paradisecharters.com
6 passengers, 3-4 crew
Transportation provided from FLL airport - call 864-423-3483 upon arrival
Passport and C cards Required
Trip insurance strongly recommended, Dive insurance required

$475 per person includes all diving (tanks and weights provided), lodging, meals, snacks, and limited alcoholic beverages
Deposit requirements - $100 per person within 1 week of booking, balance due 30 days prior to trip, no refunds
Crew gratuities (typically 10-15%) not included
Linens and bath towels provided (but bring your own beach towel)

Avg water temps in May-June 75-78 degrees
Avg air temps in May-June 86-89 degrees

First drink, last dive (“last call” at 11:45 PM)

Rental gear available (advance notice needed)
Required equipment - safety sausage
What NOT to bring - firearms, spear guns, illegal drugs, bad attitudes
Nitrox not available at this time

Boat Info 62’ steel-hulled converted crew boat built for diving
Fully air-conditioned
Spacious dive deck
2 guest cabins w/ 1 double bed and 1 single bed each
1 guest cabin w/ 2 single beds
Large salon area w/ outside views and seating for 9 people around dinner table
Deck area for sun-bathing

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hey gang...I just added info on adding another day and diving on the boat so you can decide what you want to do. I also provided the full itinerary for you for the trip.

Please let me know beside Tray who is fully locked in as we need to fill these spots. I have accepted this as an official trip for SD so I am responsible for all the spots whether we fill them or not. And since we now have 5 people interested...I would not want others to think they can't get a spot if in fact spots are open.

We'll have payment info updated next so we have accurate counts on the trip. Thank you all! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#18 KellyDiver

KellyDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:aow and nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

Hey gang...I just added info on adding another day and diving on the boat so you can decide what you want to do. I also provided the full itinerary for you for the trip.

Please let me know beside Tray who is fully locked in as we need to fill these spots. I have accepted this as an official trip for SD so I am responsible for all the spots whether we fill them or not. And since we now have 5 people interested...I would not want others to think they can't get a spot if in fact spots are open.

We'll have payment info updated next so we have accurate counts on the trip. Thank you all! kamala

Hi Kamala - I was just looking over the updated information...do I have it right in terms of what is included for the 12 dives vs. the original 8???? I was trying to figure out how we would get the 12 dives in...

Included in $700 ????????????

Thursday night – accommodations on boat and dinner

Boat leaves dock at 8 am on Friday

Friday – 4 dives

Saturday – 4 dives

Sunday – 4 dives

For an additional $40 ???????????????

Sunday – accommodations on boat with breakfast Monday morning. Off the boat by 8 am Monday.

I am open to either option... I prefer doing 12 dives instead of 8 dives after dragging the gear around...

Joe/Scott/Tray/Kate - what do you think?

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

Technically the 8 day pkg does NOT include the night on the boat on Sunday. I asked them to throw that in when it seemed we were only doing the 8 dive option. I had also asked for an extra day of diving which WOULD include the extra night and meals and 4 more dives.

The special price for arriving early on Thursday is because they do not have another charter backing up to this one.

I hope that clears it up. So it is $475 for 8 dives, lodging for 2 nites and meals during this time. The 12 dive pkg for $700 is 12 dives, food and 4 nites.

Dealing with fly in divers is still new for them. Please bear with us as we work thru the questions you have. Also his wife is a cpa and its been tax season so she is still trying to do her job and help her husband as much as possible.

formerly...

#20 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

Based on the answers to the questions I had asked about yesterday, I went ahead and booked a flight yesterday to arrive at 9 am. I didn't know there would be an option to arrive earlier and it will cost me $150 to change the ticket now.

The $475 option fit with my time and finance budget. :-)

Technically the 8 day pkg does NOT include the night on the boat on Sunday. I asked them to throw that in when it seemed we were only doing the 8 dive option. I had also asked for an extra day of diving which WOULD include the extra night and meals and 4 more dives.

The special price for arriving early on Thursday is because they do not have another charter backing up to this one.

I hope that clears it up. So it is $475 for 8 dives, lodging for 2 nites and meals during this time. The 12 dive pkg for $700 is 12 dives, food and 4 nites.

Dealing with fly in divers is still new for them. Please bear with us as we work thru the questions you have. Also his wife is a cpa and its been tax season so she is still trying to do her job and help her husband as much as possible.

Edited by Kate P, 04 May 2010 - 05:40 PM.

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

• Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

I am planning on going but I can't figure out the pricing AGAIN and I can't find where this cheap airfare you are talking about is. I'm still looking at $500 and may have to come in Thurs night for the 8 dive package just to make it in time.

Im in the ??? mode right now.

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

I am planning on going but I can't figure out the pricing AGAIN and I can't find where this cheap airfare you are talking about is. I'm still looking at $500 and may have to come in Thurs night for the 8 dive package just to make it in time.

$475 for 8 dives arrive Friday depart Sunday + meals.
$700 for 12 dives arrive Friday depart Monday + meals. (Can also start on Thurday and end on Sunday)

I was able to get a price to arrive a night early and to get Sunday for free if doing the shorter pkg or Monday for free if doing the longer pkg.

Its confusing cuz this is not a trip I had planned to do so pulling together at the last minute. Its also confusing cuz I have gotten input from the Capt and the Capt's wife.

Since Kate was not aware we could possible stay a day longer she won't be able too. I am not sure the min number needed to do the extra day. I will find out. kamala

formerly...

#23 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

Whatever works...

I get into FtL at 8:05 pm on Thurs and fly out on 3:30 pm Monday - so I will be killing the day Monday in FL so I can dive on Sun.
So I would like to stay on the boat or split a room with someone Thurs & Sun nights and will dive as much as possible.

Thu, May 27, 2010

Flight: American Airlines Flight 2732
Depart: 12:05 PM, Manhattan, KS (MHK)
Arrive: 01:35 PM, Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW)

Flight: American Airlines Flight 600
Depart: 04:15 PM, Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW)
Arrive: 08:05 PM, Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)

--------------------------------

Mon, May 31, 2010

Flight: American Airlines Flight 539
Depart: 03:20 PM, Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Arrive: 05:35 PM, Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW)

Flight: American Airlines Flight 2834
Depart: 07:20 PM, Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW)
Arrive: 08:45 PM, Manhattan, KS (MHK)

$475 for 8 dives arrive Friday depart Sunday + meals.
$700 for 12 dives arrive Friday depart Monday + meals. (Can also start on Thurday and end on Sunday)

I was able to get a price to arrive a night early and to get Sunday for free if doing the shorter pkg or Monday for free if doing the longer pkg.

Its confusing cuz this is not a trip I had planned to do so pulling together at the last minute. Its also confusing cuz I have gotten input from the Capt and the Capt's wife.

Since Kate was not aware we could possible stay a day longer she won't be able too. I am not sure the min number needed to do the extra day. I will find out. kamala

Edited by scrappykidz, 05 May 2010 - 08:46 AM.

#24 KellyDiver

KellyDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:aow and nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hi Kamala –

I am ready to book my flight but have a few more questions…of course.. :-)

1. If I arrive on Thursday night and stay on the boat Thursday, will we be able to dive Friday morning while waiting for other guests to flyin/arrive?
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, what is the cost for arriving Thursday night (10 pm) and departing the boat Monday morning (4 nights on the boat) and 12 dives (4 Friday, 4 Saturday and 4 Sunday)?
3. If the answer to question 1 is yes, what is the cost for arriving Thursday night (10 pm) and departing the boat Sunday night (3 nights on the boat and Sunday night in a hotel) and 12 dives (4 Friday, 4 Saturday and 4 Sunday)?
4. If the answer to question 1 is no, what is the cost of arriving on Friday morning (10 am) and departing the boat Monday morning (3 nights on boat) and 10 dives (2 Friday, 4 Saturday and 4 Sunday)?
5. If the answer to question 1 is no, what is the cost of arriving on Friday morning (10 am) and departing the boat Sunday night (2 nights on boat and then Sunday night in a hotel) and 10 dives (2 Friday, 4 Saturday and 4 Sunday)?

I am looking at flying out around 4 pm on Monday so I can get in 4 dives on Sunday. I am trying to get in lots of dives, but 4 dives/day is about my fun max, so whether I come in Thursday night or late Friday morning, really depends on if we can start diving first thing Friday. And if the train departing north from Chicago is going 172 mph…

Hope those questions/options make sense :-) well except for the train part…

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hey kiddos...still trying to simplfy this....I think this is why I don't do last minute trips :banghead:

There is no diving from the boat Friday am UNLESS everyone or the min which I do not know that number yet is willing to do it. They have to have all or a min to pull away from the dock. There is however some possible shore diving that several of you could play around with and other than tank costs that should be it.

Secondly I just spoke to the Capt and he will do a 4 day charter for 4 people FOR THIS TRIP ONLY as he usually needs a min of 5. So if 4 people want to stay an extra day they can and he will take them out. If not you can arrange with a day operator as there are TONS of them in the local area.

I hope this answers your questions...I have to run for an appt that will take most of the afternoon.

Kelly I see you have a lot of configurations that I can't answer right now. I'll try later today. Kamala

formerly...

#26 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hey kiddos...still trying to simplfy this....I think this is why I don't do last minute trips :banghead:

There is no diving from the boat Friday am UNLESS everyone or the min which I do not know that number yet is willing to do it. They have to have all or a min to pull away from the dock. There is however some possible shore diving that several of you could play around with and other than tank costs that should be it.

Secondly I just spoke to the Capt and he will do a 4 day charter for 4 people FOR THIS TRIP ONLY as he usually needs a min of 5. So if 4 people want to stay an extra day they can and he will take them out. If not you can arrange with a day operator as there are TONS of them in the local area.

I hope this answers your questions...I have to run for an appt that will take most of the afternoon.

Kelly I see you have a lot of configurations that I can't answer right now. I'll try later today. Kamala

K,

I am up for this trip, I need to get wet. I could do either 3 or 4 days longer is better.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#27 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

It this wasn't complicated enough already.... I'm just going to throw this out there.

If I am the only one coming in on Friday am, and I'm coming in at 9:10am... could we squeeze two dives Friday am anyway? I mean, if I scooted pretty quick from the airport? I can *try* (no promises) to get creative with packing and not check anything.

I'm done after two dives on Sunday am, unless my company (based in FLL) decides they want me to stay in FL and work that week. In which case I am all about diving all Sunday AND Monday! But otherwise I'm flight-restricted.

So who is coming for sure??? It was looking like a mini-Mayaguana trip there for a minute!

Tray - definite
Kate - definite
Kelly - sounds like definite
scubabjs - sounds like definite
Scott - trying to be definite
Joe - interested but quiet
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

To come in on thursday night and do the 8 dives and stay on the boat Thursday night and Sunday night is $475+$40 right??? I can't get a flight in Friday morning at all.

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

To come in on thursday night and do the 8 dives and stay on the boat Thursday night and Sunday night is $475+$40 right??? I can't get a flight in Friday morning at all.

Yes I was able to get a free night tossed in but that when we were all doing just the 8 dive pkg. If you are the ONLY one doing the 8 dive pkg...I will ensure that you still get the free night on the backend.

Gang if you are doing the 12 dive pkg the extra night is Monday nite...not Sunday.

Kate...if you are the only arriving on Friday and you arrive early they may be able to squeeze but they will treat it as part of the 12 dive pkg. And if everyone arrives Thursday and you arrive early on Friday and everyone is ok with it...you should be able to do the 12 dive pkg. The last dive may be a dusk dive but you should be able to squeeze it in.

Brian I hope you can join in. We do need to keep the genders even for the 3 cabins. And yes 6 is the max. Kamala

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

URGENT UPDATE:

I am trying to answer all questions for you guys but starting to fall behind. The news said that all domestic air would go up about 50% Thursday at midnight...you need to buy any airline tickets you wish to buy asap.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users