• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-05: Memorial Day Florida Keys Liveaboard Liveaboard May 28, 29th & 30th

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#46 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

I would be up for a HH on Thurs... should be out of the airport by 9 pm if its not too late to catch up with you all for a few....

Because I live just about 20 miles away... SingleDivers.com Happy hour ????????????????????? (at the boat ???)

(I am halfway between W Palm Beach Airport and Ft Lauderdale Airport and I have a guest room, in case anyone gets in a bind.)

It just occured to me that I drive right past W Palm Beach airport on my way back from a contract I have in Jupiter. So if someone can only get a flight there, and it is not too early in the afternoon, I could pick them up.

• Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

I just booked my flight arriving Thursday night and departing Monday morning.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

Great! I still need another day to get you all your final pricing...fortunately all of you are experienced SDer's so one more day is cool. :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hey - was just filling out my Mayaguana rebate form and got thinking about this trip...
As this is an ad-hoc trip with no profit for SD, I am assuming that there is no rebate... if there is, I think I will pass on it...

Thanks for all the work on this Kamala... looks like I have something to do over the Memorial Day weekend rather than sitting in some bleachers getting a sunburn :cool2:

Edited by scrappykidz, 07 May 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hmmmmm....guess I need to get on buying replacement gear for what went for a deep swim in Mayaguana.... :lmao:

Hey Roomie...what did you lose? And more importantly can SD help you get a good deal on your replacement needs???

Hehe...the main thing I have to replace is my integrated weight pouch...that one went into the deep jumping off the boat - or wait, did that hammerhead get it? :-) ... Kate might have one for me though -- checking on that. The other stuff, I just need to get fixed...I think :-)

Any word on the cut off time for people being on the boat Friday? I think with the five of us saying we already have airfare booked...we will be ready to leave the dock by 10 am on Friday to be able to get in the 4 dives...

The cut off time is 9:30 but you need to be ready to leave the dock as soon as he can get Kate there from the airport in order to do 4 dives. The last one will be pushing dusk but will not be a full night dive so please work with the boat capt to be efficient in your dives as much as possible. This is a good group of divers and most of you are about the same on air so should flesh out well. (Dan the main capt just bought this boat and has only navigated back into port in the dark a few times and has 2 capt's on board neither of which have navigated this port before in the dark so we won't be able to do a traditional night dive hence the need for efficiency so as to avoid a full blown night dive.) :cool2:

Bill aka OTWDiver will be one of the capt's on the boat and will be there to help in anyway needed. Yes he will be the "Mr WW" on this trip since I'll be heading to the Red Sea! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!

You will pay SingleDivers.com via the link below or the one in my signature and I will verify the final amount for everyone ONCE I AM SURE I KNOW WHAT PKG YOU ARE DOING...the 8 dive or 12 pkg. and how many extra nights.

You can either post in the thread or send me a pm. Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Hey - was just filling out my Mayaguana rebate form and got thinking about this trip...
As this is an ad-hoc trip with no profit for SD, I am assuming that there is no rebate... if there is, I think I will pass on it...

Thanks for all the work on this Kamala... looks like I have something to do over the Memorial Day weekend rather than sitting in some bleachers getting a sunburn :)

You are most welcome! And yes this is being done strictly at cost however our membership guidelines do say ANY trip we book for you over $500 qualifies for a member rebate so for those who pay over $500 that want to file for the rebate I will honor it. If you wish to opt out since Tray has rightly observed that we are doing this trip at pure cost we would certainly appreciate it. :thankyou:

formerly...

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Great! I still need another day to get you all your final pricing...fortunately all of you are experienced SDer's so one more day is cool. :thankyou:

HEY GANG...I need to verify if you are doing the 8 dive or 12 dive pkg. Also any extra days. Thank you! Once I have this I can finalize pricing for you! kamala

formerly...

#54 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

Hey Kamala...

I am on the 8 dive package with a request to purchase two additional dives Fri am.

I can't do a full 12 dive package as at the time I bought my ticket, the 12 dive package wasn't on the table. The thought was that we were going to do two dives only Sunday (in the AM) and my ticket is reflective of that as I'm flying out late Monday am. Hence my request for 8 dive package (+2) vs. 12....

I am coming in Friday morning and leaving Monday am (early).

Great! I still need another day to get you all your final pricing...fortunately all of you are experienced SDer's so one more day is cool. :thankyou:

HEY GANG...I need to verify if you are doing the 8 dive or 12 dive pkg. Also any extra days. Thank you! Once I have this I can finalize pricing for you! kamala

Edited by Kate P, 08 May 2010 - 08:58 PM.

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#55 KellyDiver

KellyDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:aow and nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

Hi Kamala - I need the 12 dive package. 3 nights on the boat with an option for a 4th night (Sunday). I am still debating staying in a hotel on Sunday.

Friday - 4 dives
Saturday - 4 dives
Sunday - 4 dives

Flights:
Arriving Thursday night (stay on boat):
USAIR 1719 4:25 PM BOS 6:43 PM CLT USAIR 1687 8:15 PM CLT 10:12 PM FLL
Departing Monday:
USAIR 930 4:45 PM FLL 6:47 PM CLT USAIR 888 10:15 PM CLT 12:21 AM BOS

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Hey gang...the boat is out to the Bahamas with no connection until Thursday BUT I was able to talk to them about doing 2 dives in the am and then come back and then do 2 dives in the pm. The boat rides are VERY long therefore making it unfeasible to go out for 2 and come back for 2. That means that with the migration to the 12 dive pkg for most the schedule will be as follows:

4 dives Friday
4 dives Sat
EITHER EVERYONE Agrees to 2 dives on Sunday or

We do 4 dives for those who are staying long enough and those who are flying too early can shore dive locally and then hook back up with the boat for the overnight stay and flight out the next day.

Given we originally set this up for 8 dives and we are now trying to extend it our best bet is to compromise on a 10 dive pkg and then allow those who wanted to stay longer to do shoredives which are nice and fairly close by.

PADI says 18 hours if diving repetitive deep dives. This is not really deep diving but you will have a couple of days so if the last dive ends at 4 and you fly at say 10 you would be ok. If you end at 4 and fly at 8am you will have 16 hrs. You could possibly sit out the last dive to be extra safe.

I need some add'l input from everyone...thank you and I'm sorry this is not as organized as our usual trips. :thankyou:

formerly...

#57 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

Would it not be simpler to go out for 12, and anyone who is short sits out whatever they need to?

#58 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

Since Scott and I both have flights back earlier on Monday, it would be the two of us who are creating this issue about the dives on Sunday. I agree with Joe... if everyone else wants to do the 12 dives, and Scott and I need to sit out 2 afternoon dives on Sunday, wouldn't the simplest solution be for us to plan to stay out on the water for the other four to dive? We are all staying on the boat Sunday night anyway (I thought).

I certainly would have booked my tickets differently if I had known how much trouble I was creating - sorry guys!!!

Would it not be simpler to go out for 12, and anyone who is short sits out whatever they need to?

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#59 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Kamala

Friday - 4 dives
Saturday - 4 dives
Sunday - 4 dives

Good for/prefer 12 dives - but will work with whatever we end up with - will buy beer for Kate and Scott to drink if they are watching bubbles in the afternoon.

Also, would like to stay on the boat Thurs & Sun nights as available.

Thanks for your work on this - esp as you are getting ready for the Red Sea :)

• Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Since Scott and I both have flights back earlier on Monday, it would be the two of us who are creating this issue about the dives on Sunday. I agree with Joe... if everyone else wants to do the 12 dives, and Scott and I need to sit out 2 afternoon dives on Sunday, wouldn't the simplest solution be for us to plan to stay out on the water for the other four to dive? We are all staying on the boat Sunday night anyway (I thought).

I certainly would have booked my tickets differently if I had known how much trouble I was creating - sorry guys!!!

I was assuming we would sit them out and stay at sea. I never anticipated getting a hotel for sunday night, my understanding is we would stay on the boat. I am fine with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users