• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-11: DISCUSSION ONLY (NOT SIGN UP THREAD)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#61 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

You can add me to the nitrox list if it becomes available. Ed

A ray of possible nitrox hope...

We can't get our hopes up yet BUT...all the talk back and forth about nitrox at Manado has the operator looking at the possibility of trying to either offer it by Nov or get it elsewhere. Its still VERY PRELIMINARY but she wants to know how many divers WANT NITROX.

So pls let us know if you would dive nitrox if it were available. Our plan is set for 4 boat dives a day in Manado! We'll keep this list updated in the first post!

DIVERS WANTING NITROX FOR MANADO:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench

#62 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

You can add me to the nitrox list if it becomes available. Ed

A ray of possible nitrox hope...

We can't get our hopes up yet BUT...all the talk back and forth about nitrox at Manado has the operator looking at the possibility of trying to either offer it by Nov or get it elsewhere. Its still VERY PRELIMINARY but she wants to know how many divers WANT NITROX.

So pls let us know if you would dive nitrox if it were available. Our plan is set for 4 boat dives a day in Manado! We'll keep this list updated in the first post!

1. Kamala aka WreckWench

I want nitrox if possible Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#63 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi, my name is Bill and I'm a Nitrox addict.

Please add me to the 'nitrox list'.

Edited by ScubaTex, 14 July 2010 - 02:01 PM.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#64 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

I've been reading all of the above and trying to absorb the options, although heavy-heartedly. In the last weeks I have had some health news that may cause me to abandon this trip (short or long version). It involves a tooth implant, which denies me diving for at least 4-6 months.... I'll have the confirmation or not of this on Friday... but I have a bad feeling that I'll have to wait until next year for ANY diving at all :).... will update.

I am so bummed but, well, um, I, um.... ain't got nothin' :birthday:

Maybe Machu Picchu will have to be my consolation birthday trip..... anyone else have this experience? I'd sure like to :birthday: hear about positive outcomes.... :birthday:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#65 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:54 AM

New Last Minute Opportunity for November:

So due to the recent unrest in the Maldives and inability to ensure our contracts can be honored we have taken an entirely different tract and will now offer world renowned diving off North Sulawesi Indonesia 2-16Nov 2010 (FINAL DATES & FLIGHTS TO BE LOCKED IN BY 7/10/10) ~ panormaic walls of beloved Bunaken Marine Reserve and muck diving treasure hunting in Lembeh Strait!

A little more about this venue for those who do not know....

The best value in Asia for world class diving would be N Sulawesi Island Indonesia. You have a most extraordinary opportunity to dive 2 very different underwater seascapes only 1.5 hours apart, so for combined convenience and world class diversity there is no rival destination! We are finalizing the details, and working on a 12-13nt trip to combine 2-3nts Singapore, 5 nights at Santika Resort, Manado http://www.santika.c...do-premiere.php diving the panoramic walls of Bunaken Marine Reserve, and 5 nights at KungKuyngan Bay Resort, the Pioneer resort at famed Lembeh Strait http://www.divekbr.com/ . This area is renowned as being the planet's epicentre of marine bio diversity. Here you'll find a higher concentration of marine life than anywhere else on the planet. World famous for macro photography and its wondrous critters (sometimes referred to as "muck diving"), Lembeh also offers many other underwater riches including beautiful soft coral sites and several historic wrecks. Offering something for everyone, Lembeh and Bunaken are a truly unique combination.

We are planning to fly Singapore Air out of Los Angeles on the 210P 2Nov to return LA 16Nov 1125A. A full prospective itinerary, along with resort and air rate details are pending confirmation today and will be published asap. We expect the pricing to be the SAME as anticipated for Maldives without sacraficing quality, diving nor overall experience. I was looking at this trip for next year but believe we can reliably offer it this year.

I hope that you all will still join us to this amazing destination and we'll leave Maldives for another time.

Those Interested In Being Notified When Full Details Are Posted:

1. Jim aka UP diver - Premier
2. Dan aka Rookie - Premier
3. Elisabeth aka Lady Liz - Premier
4. Debra aka deb4diving - Premier
5. Susan aka susiq - Premier
6. Kelly aka KellyDiver - Premier
7. Brian aka scubabjs - Premier
8. Terrry aka TRINITY - Premier
9. Mike aka Going Postal - Premier
10. Bill aka ScubaTex - Premier
11. Liz aka Lady Liz - Premier
12. Ed aka Diver Ed - Premier
13. Carla aka rkymtnwy - Premier

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Liz aka Lady Liz
3. Ed aka Diver Ed
4. Bill aka ScubaTex

#66 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

Kamala,
I would like nitrox & to return on the 16th.
thx, debra

#67 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Hi,

I'd like to go on this adventure if there are any spots left. I'd also like nitrox if available, and was wondering if I could return from Singapore at a later date. I'm thinking about a side trip to Angkor Wat since I'll be halfway 'round the globe, or Bali. Heck, what's a few more days....

Thanks, Scot

Oh yeah, the check's in the mail for premier membership.

Edited by Handyman, 15 July 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#68 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Kamala received this from Muktuk via email:

Message Forwarded From Muktuk

Hey Kamala, thanks for your recent call. I can disappear from work for 2 weeks in November, no problem. Please put me on the interested list for the dive trip to Indonesia.
I plan on using miles to travel to and from Singapore.
Thanks, Marc

Posted Image

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hi,

I'd like to go on this adventure if there are any spots left. I'd also like nitrox if available, and was wondering if I could return from Singapore at a later date. I'm thinking about a side trip to Angkor Wat since I'll be halfway 'round the globe, or Bali. Heck, what's a few more days....

Thanks, Scot

Oh yeah, the check's in the mail for premier membership.

Yes there are LOTS of spots cuz I've FINALLY GOTTEN THE BALANCE OF THE INFO I NEED TO BUILD OUT THE TEMPLATE AND GET THIS TRIP OPEN FOR BOOKING! As customary our premier members will get first dibs...if you have not MAILED the check then use our payment gateway to pay for your membership so you have immediate access.

Yes you can leave at a later date and MANY will want to do the same. We can even help to price those add'l flight options out for you so just let us know. Singapore Air will get you there! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#70 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

I would like the option for Nitrox depends on the price....

So, my plans will most likely be travel Nov 2, and then follow the SD plan for the 2 resorts, I plan on adding on another 2 weeks
perhaps at the same locations, or others close by there are a number of different operators in the area. Some lower priced, some equally priced.

I will most likely fly United from IAD to SIN, Nov 2- Dec 2 give or take a day or two.... If your interested in extending the backend of this trip give me a ping.

I should say that the air rates that Kamala has gotten are better than anything I have been able to find, and the flight to/from Singapore to Manado come in at $400 so your getting a 17k mile trip for $900. If your a west coast flyer its a great deal.

Bjs

Edited by scubabjs, 16 July 2010 - 05:02 AM.

So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:42 AM

Thank you Brian...that's the way we LIKE IT!!! You may have to wait a bit but we save you money...or at least don't cost more! LOL! :birthday:

Now for the important stuff...

1. The only thing we are waiting on with the air is confirmation of spots. Right now I only have 10 spots on the contract confirmed due to people doing add on's and using miles etc.
2. Brian we (myself and my air consolidator) can book the 'whole enchilada' for you including add'l resorts or diving/hotel as well as the air to save you money by making it part of the pkg with the front end. People planning to do this were not part of the air contract but can get the same pricing as the little commission I made I roll back into the price to you guys.
3. We are working on a price option for those who wish for the miles to count. Some will want the cheapest air and other will want miles so we will have both by tomorrow at the latest.
4. Since the air will only vary slightly for the addition of miles we'll get the trip open today as I have secured the day by day itinerary and final pricing options for our longer and shorter trips.

Stay tuned...

p.s. If anyone else wants to think out loud NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO IT!!! This will help our planning process. ALSO IF YOU WANT TO USE THE AIR CONTRACT LET US KNOW. You are a candidate for using it if you leave on Nov 3 and you return either Nov 13 or 16 or 17. If you depart on any other day...or you are adding cities on the backend then LET US BOOK YOUR TICKET SEPARATELY

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#72 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

p.s. If anyone else wants to think out loud NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO IT!!! This will help our planning process. ALSO IF YOU WANT TO USE THE AIR CONTRACT LET US KNOW. You are a candidate for using it if you leave on Nov 3 and you return either Nov 13 or 16 or 17. If you depart on any other day...or you are adding cities on the backend then LET US BOOK YOUR TICKET SEPARATELY.

Hello Kamala,

While you are working on things, I could use an add on price for air from SAV to SFO. If it all goes together as one ticket, I should get more weight allowance, coupled with saving on the cost for not checking bags twice. Thanks. Ed

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

ROGER THAT ON THE ADD-ON'S!

We will get add-on pricing for you as soon as we finalize the contract today. Will you want the miles to count or cheapest way?

Anyone else besides Ed or Liz need add-on pricing from other airports?

formerly...

#74 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

ROGER THAT ON THE ADD-ON'S!

We will get add-on pricing for you as soon as we finalize the contract today. Will you want the miles to count or cheapest way?

Anyone else besides Ed or Liz need add-on pricing from other airports?

I would need to see the price difference first, coupled with knowing who Singapore air is affilliated with. Thanks. Ed

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

We would never lock anyone in without having them approve the fare first. The add-on's are reasonable but not always the cheapest. The biggest advantage is your bags know their ultimate destination is Manado vs say SFO or LAX and you can check them all the way thru so you don't have to retrieve them in CA and of course you get the int'l limits on the local flights. :D

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users