• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who's Going to DEMA in Houston?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:31 PM

Kamala, I do have some ideas already but will want to run them by you. I will give you a call.
-Mitch-

#17 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

:birthday: Hey, sounds like a fun crowd. Anybody interested in diving the Flower Gardens 10/10 - 10/13??? Last I heard there was still room. I'm staying with family in Houston (I think on the north side of town) but would love to meet up with SD's for a Happy Hour. Friday or Saturday night is better for me.... how bout a fun Country Western Bar... you know when in Rome :teeth:

As far as country/western clubs, there is only one that is centrally located, that is Wild West on Richmond. However, I would stay away from there on a Friday as it gets very chaotic and the parking situation is really horrible.

If those who are in town would not mind driving a little, there are three country/western clubs on the north side all of them around the airport. There is Tumbleweed Texas on Kuykendahl, Houston City Limit in Spring, and Stetson's Nightlife in Humble. Maybe we can have the happy hour in town then go out to one of those three later on.
-Mitch-

#18 Sunchaser

Sunchaser

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:lots

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:04 AM

Saturday will be better as far as conflicting with DEMA functions, although there are some industry hosted parties that night. I am open for anything and I will be at the Hilton that is attached to the convention center. I usually make a point to go to the Village and to Sams Boat. We usually just take the hotel bus and make a night of it. I am excited to meet all of you and I hope that some of you make one of my presentations or at least stop in and see me at our booth. I was reading some of the future travel today and I noticed a tentative trip to Saba, Statia, St. Marteen St. Kitts on a liveaboard. If that is on the Caribean Explorer II you should have a look at my website. You can also put a face with a name by clicking on about us and there is one of me with a co-worker Sarah Moody at one of the shows. See some of you at Athens this weekend!
Happiness. hap'i-ness, n. More time under water
www.liquidassets.tv

#19 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:50 AM

Some conflicts must be accaptable losses, but Friday is the only evening I can make it. Just might have to have 2 of these? :birthday:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,649 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:46 AM

Saturday will be better as far as conflicting with DEMA functions, although there are some industry hosted parties that night. I am open for anything and I will be at the Hilton that is attached to the convention center. I usually make a point to go to the Village and to Sams Boat. We usually just take the hotel bus and make a night of it. I am excited to meet all of you and I hope that some of you make one of my presentations or at least stop in and see me at our booth. I was reading some of the future travel today and I noticed a tentative trip to Saba, Statia, St. Marteen St. Kitts on a liveaboard. If that is on the Caribean Explorer II you should have a look at my website. You can also put a face with a name by clicking on about us and there is one of me with a co-worker Sarah Moody at one of the shows. See some of you at Athens this weekend!

If we do it Saturday we'll lose some folks...can you do it Friday or will we lose you as well? And if we do it on the weekend we'll lose our beloved webmaster Zendiver as he will be diving the flower gardens over the weekend since he is one of their lead DM's.

HELP!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 maninthesea

maninthesea

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Cert Level:Trimix and Rebreather also Padi Inst and TDI Inst Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Quit that long ago-Nothing left to prove

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:57 PM

I'll be there. We have not worked out the schedule yet but I will keep in touch. Theorticly I will be talking at afterhours function about historical dives in Guam.
Jim
Tip of the day- Never suck on a loaded gun!

#22 Sunchaser

Sunchaser

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:lots

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:38 AM

Any night is good for me! All of my activities that are manditory are during the day and if I have a meeting in the evening it will be with my boss and they are jsut dinner meetings and I can meet up after. You guys pick the day based on when we can have the most people and i will be there. You are right about losing some people if we do it Saturday not everyone stays after as I do.
Happiness. hap'i-ness, n. More time under water
www.liquidassets.tv

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,649 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:11 AM

ZD and I were discussing a possible meet and greet (or 2) the week of DEMA.

I'll be arriving on Monday the 11th and leaving Sunday the 17th.

Anybody else (local or coming in for the show) want to get together? Any locals know of any diving to be had in the area?

Hey Wilediver...are you going to be able to join us on Friday for our SD get together? -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,649 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:16 AM

Ok...we have picked the day to be Friday! I hope we don't lose too many people on that day but it is the day that it seems MOST people can join us! Now to get the word out to the rest of our Houston contingency!

We are soooooooooo lucky to have both Mitch and Julio helping us get our Happy Hour lined up. In fact Julio has a friend who owns a bar in downtown Houston so he is seeing if we can meet there! Mitch is working on some places around downtown so I'm sure we'll have a great spot lined up for you soon! Thanks to all for your help in putting this together as well as your participation! Can't wait to meet you all soon! -ww

formerly...

#25 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 23 September 2004 - 09:07 AM

Hello everyone. I will be in town for the DEMA Show. Friday night sounds like fun. Who all is planning on being in town?

Scott
Dive Scoop

#26 bigblueplanet

bigblueplanet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:55 PM

I will be at DEMA. Sunday through Sunday or Monday through Sunday.

Look forward to hear the final plans.

G2

#27 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor/EFR I-T/Safety Signer I-T/DAN DES Instructor (All DAN Programs)
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:03 PM

ZD and I were discussing a possible meet and greet (or 2) the week of DEMA.

I'll be arriving on Monday the 11th and leaving Sunday the 17th.

Anybody else (local or coming in for the show) want to get together?  Any locals know of any diving to be had in the area?

Hey Wilediver...are you going to be able to join us on Friday for our SD get together? -ww

Count me in.
–WileEDiver

“Life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

#28 Dan Nafe

Dan Nafe

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Rebreather, Mixed Gas
  • Logged Dives:3000+

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:29 AM

All are invited to stop by the Scuba-Training booth for a free gift.

Dan Nafe

#29 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:16 AM

All are invited to stop by the Scuba-Training booth for a free gift.

Dan Nafe

A new guy with gifts?! HI Dan. You wanta' post a Introduction on New Members so we can welcome you properly? And come to the Happy Hour; I think we get a lot more than 60 minutes. :welcome:

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#30 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:44 AM

I'm planning to attend the DEMA show at least a couple of days. If anyone has a pass or discount they want to send my way, I'd love that!

I'll also try to make HH if I can :teeth:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users