• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who's Going to DEMA in Houston?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:40 AM

:P  Hey, sounds like a fun crowd. Anybody interested in diving the Flower Gardens 10/10 - 10/13??? Last I heard there was still room. I'm staying with family in Houston (I think on the north side of town) but would love to meet up with SD's for a Happy Hour. Friday or Saturday night is better for me.... how bout a fun Country Western Bar... you know when in Rome  :birthday:

As far as country/western clubs, there is only one that is centrally located, that is Wild West on Richmond. However, I would stay away from there on a Friday as it gets very chaotic and the parking situation is really horrible.

If those who are in town would not mind driving a little, there are three country/western clubs on the north side all of them around the airport. There is Tumbleweed Texas on Kuykendahl, Houston City Limit in Spring, and Stetson's Nightlife in Humble. Maybe we can have the happy hour in town then go out to one of those three later on.

Thanks for the info. I'll be at the Friday night HH and then possibly go to one of the CW bars for some dancing. (there aren't to many choices in the MIA/FTL area) Looking forward to seeing everyone! :teeth:
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:58 AM

All are invited to stop by the Scuba-Training.net booth for a free gift.

Dan Nafe
dan@scuba-training.net

A new guy with gifts?! HI Dan. You wanta' post a Introduction on New Members so we can welcome you properly? And come to the Happy Hour; I think we get a lot more than 60 minutes. :teeth:

Dan and his wife have contacted SD about some possible joint activities or ventures together. He found out about us from Scott Jones our very own 'divescoop'. I will plan to meet him at DEMA and I'll find out what goodies he has in store for us! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:07 AM

Hey gang...the Happy Hour will be FRIDAY Oct 15th starting at 6pm in Downtown Houston! We have chosen a place Julio found for us called El Jefe! Its very near the convention center (maybe even walking distance)...has a nice outside seating area and has a VIP lounge we can use since Julio is friends with the owner!

Our plan is to Hang Out, Drink, Meet & Greet, Get to Know One Another, then eat some dinner and for those that can or want to hang...we'll be dancing as well! We can dance at El Jefe's or walk across the street to several other clubs in the area.

So JJ...what is the actual address of El Jefe's and will you negotiate some drink and dinner specials for us with your friend! :evilgrin:

Who wants to join us????? -ww

Link to Separate Thread on DEMA Houston Happy Hour!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:41 AM

Ok I have heard from a number of people going and it looks like getting tickets even for non-DM's and Instuctors is possible for a few interested folks. PM me if you are interested.

If you are DM or Instructor please contact me about getting into DEMA! Thanks, kamala

P.S. don't forget our Happy Hour at El Jefe's in Downtown regardless of whether you are attending DEMA or not. -ww

formerly...

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:31 AM

Ok so from our gang we have:

Sonny (Friday & Sat)
Julio
Kim (Fri-Sun)
SassyRabbit
H20addict
Native Texan 2 Dive (Thurs-Fri)
Dandy Don
DiveScoop (Mon-Sun)
SunChaser
Wyliediver
BigBluePlanet
Chie (Thurs-Sat)
WW (Tues-Sun)

Not sure who else is joining us nor what days. I have secured entrance for Sonny, Julio, Kim, Chie & Myself. If anyone else needs admittance PLEASE let me know!

P.S. while at DEMA I'll have some limited email access via SD pm only and not email. Or you can reach me at 214-350-7003 which rolls to my celfone. Thanks gang...kamala

Edited by WreckWench, 10 October 2004 - 07:50 AM.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users