• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY....2013-02: Maldives Feb 20-Mar 2, 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
239 replies to this topic

#211 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

Please add me to the very interested list. :wakawaka:

*Like* :cool2:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#212 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

@ Jim,

Basically $2300 for 7 days is roughly $328 per night...Kamala's trip is for 10 days not 7 days ... $328 x10 is $3280 ...saving of $150...just saying.

Kamala,

Could you check into available for the trip before and trip after and if they are doing a northern route. I like to do both Northern and Southern together without getting off the boat.

Thank you in advance,
Que

Que I have checked for you and the trip before and after ours are both completely sold out. I can put you on a waiting list for an opening but all the spots are sold. And while ours also says *sold out* we have no names assigned to the spots yet. These trips both have names assigned to the spots so its safe to say you'll not be able to do a back to back Maldives option.

Do you want me to check another Siren option for you or consider the Lembeh option I am posting pricing for this morning?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#213 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

Cool to see so much add'l interest... if all goes well this trip will be opened for booking by tomorrow! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#214 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Please add me to the very interested list. :wakawaka:

You've got it. :cheerleader:

#215 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

While we are waiting for the final air contract from Singapore Air to come in the operator has posed a question on changing the itinerary for us. We did not particularly choose this itinerary...we choose the dates more than anything else. If the change will make the experience more enjoyable and safer for each diver then its a good thing. I have requested how much the local flight will be and will post the two itineries for you to see for yourself. Let me know your input as soon as possible. And while the company does not pay the local flight I am still working on a further reduction on the cruise price which will either cover it or heavily subsidize it. Usually the local flights are not much money but I will know later today. Kamala

Kamala I'm emailing you about your planned charter to the Maldives on 20-Feb-2013. As you know we are always very concerned about the quality of our guests' experience and we are constantly reviewing the results of our trips to see whether and how we can improve what we provide. Some time ago we elected to change our Boracay-Coron itinerary in the Philippines to operate between Batangas and Coron instead and the result has been a resounding success.

In the Maldives, as in much of the world, there have been recent changes to the weather patterns and the currents within the archipelago. As currents play a large part in the quality of diving in the Maldives this can change the times at which certain area are in peak condition. In looking at the results of our 2012 trips to the Central & Southern area and in discussion with our Cruise Director and dive staff from the Maldives Siren we feel that during the period of your charter our guests would have a much better experience on the Southern itinerary instead. Currents there were optimal this year whereas the changes made it much more difficult for our staff during the past season to provide the level of diving we would like our guests to have.

Of course we cannot simply change the itinerary without informing those who have existing bookings and ensuring that both you and your guests are ok with it. The cruise price is the same but unfortunately the Southern itinerary both starts and ends in Kaadedhdhoo which means a domestic flight is required in both directions. This is something which we cannot include in the cruise price although of course we try to keep these flight costs as low as we are able.

I'll include the standard trip information for the Southern itinerary here for your reference, Kamala. You can also trip reports on our web site from this trip during the 2012 season and I think you'll see that the quality of the diving is really very good in this area at that time.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are ok to go ahead with this change so that we can make the adjustments in our system and of course if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. General trip information follows.

CRUISE ITINERARY FOR SOUTHERN ROUTE:

Liveaboard Diving in the Maldives
Southern Itinerary- Huvadhoo Atoll
Liveaboard: S/Y Maldives Siren

Diving the Maldives is exceptionally easy by liveaboard. Our 10 night southern itinerary, aboard the S/Y Maldives Siren, concentrates on exploring the kandus and shallow reefs of Huvadhoo atoll in the far south of the Maldivian archipelago. Just 13 miles north of the equator the reefs of Huvadhoo Atoll are unspoiled and rich in marine life. Sharks, including tiger sharks, huge schools of fish, reefs covered with anemones with resident damsel fishes and many different rays are all to be expected from this unique dive safari in the deep south.

Itinerary for Liveaboard Diving in Huvadhoo atoll- Maldives

Maldives Southern Departing from and returning to Kaadedhdhoo, our 10 night dive safari takes you around the entire circumferance of and into the heart of the atoll. Heading first along the western edge to the very south for the opportunity to see juvenile and adult tiger sharks as they venture into the channels then moving eastwards, the S/Y Maldives Siren stops at a variety of kandus where reef sharks, eagle rays and the cute but agressive "nemo" can be found. Further north on the eastern side of the atoll we encounter large schools of tunas, jacks and snappers, along with colourful coral groupers, angelfish, puffers and trigger fish. In the far north its time for more shark action with grey reef and white tips found at Vilingili Kandu. We then venture inside the atoll to explore the coral gardens and 'giris'. The above water scenery rivals that of the underwater and its a great opportunity to take the kayaks out for a paddle. Our final dives will be on the western side with gentle drifts around Bazu Thila before disembarking on day 11 for the return flight to Male.

Reach Kaadedhdhoo via short domestic flight from Male and our Worldwide Dive and Sail team will be there to greet you.

Maldives Dive Site Highlights

Vaadhoo Kuda Kandu is where to keep a look out for tiger sharks, the unspolied reefs here are home to an amazing array of fish life and the colourful corals are a real delight.

Maarehaa Kandu shark sightings are what attract divers to this narrow channel. Grey reef and white tips can be seen in large numbers and eagle rays cruise by too. It is often we will make 2 dives in this kandu as the marine life is simply fantastic.

Kurehdhoo Island is small but offers the opportunity for 2 awesome diving experiences. Colourful angel fish, groupers, butterfly fish, banner fish and trigger fish and all out in huge numbers. Large pelagics can also be seen within the kandu but its hard to leave the reef wall - its too stunning!

Vilingili Reef offers a fantastic night dive experience. Octopus, devil fish, tiny crustaceans and numerous molluscs can all be found over the sand and clinging to corals.

Weather and Water Temperature

The Maldives has two very distinct seasons. The “dry season” runs from January through to March, also known as the Northeast Monsoon. The “wet season” is from mid-May until November, and known as the Southwest Monsoon. Throughout the year the climate remains almost constant with average temperatures of 30 degrees Celsius, giving sunny days and light winds in the evenings. Thunderstorms can occur during the southwest monsoon and you will experience cloudy days – however the rain can be a relief from the high temperatures.

Water temperatures are broadly similar throughout the region; and rarely vary beyond 27-30 degrees Celsius. Most guests find that a 3mm shorty and possibly a rash vest is suitable. However, for guests who feel the cold easily, especially with repeated diving, then we recommend to bring your own 5mm. In short bring what you feel most comfortable in.

Getting there

All International flights for the Maldives have Male as their main destination, from where either begin your trip or take a short domestic flight to your departure atoll. The Male International Airport is mere fifteen minutes from Male. The airport is small,but well-equipped with souvenir and duty-free shops, restaurants and medical facilities as well as banking and postal services. The airport is accessible via Male’ on a dhoni ferry, that run every few minutes between the two islands. The airport island also hosts the five-star Hulhule’ Island Hotel.

Our Southern itinerary starts from and returns to Kaadedhdhoo

CRUISE ITINERARY FOR CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN ROUTE:

Central and Southern Itinerary Male - Kaadedhdhoo via Felidhoo, Mulaku, Thaa and Laamu and Huvadhoo atolls
Liveaboard: S/Y Maldives Siren

Diving the Maldives is exceptionally easy by liveaboard. Our 10 night itinerary, aboard the S/Y Maldives Siren, takes you between Male and Huvadhoo atolls along the eastern side of the Maldivian archipelago. Wrecks, soft coral covered reef walls, shallow lagoons and coral gardens, along with deep kandus await adventurous divers to explore them. Schools of fish, reef sharks, rays and plenty of macro critters are seen enroute, as we dive some of the top rated dive sites of the Maldives.

Maldives Liveaboard Diving Itinerary - Eastern and Southern Atolls

Central Southern Departing from Male, our 10 night liveaboard dive safari takes you first to South Male Atoll to dive the Kuda Giri wreck with its schools of glass fish. Felidhoo Atoll is where we dive to the deep caves hunting for grey reef sharks that can be found within, as well as the marine protected area of Devana Kandu. Mulaku Atoll, only accesible by liveaboard, is the place to watch out for hammerhead sharks and is home to the turtle breeding area of Muli. The S/Y Maldives Siren continues southwards on to Thaa and Laamu atolls for encounters with grey reef sharks and other large pelagics before a long sail southwards to the remote atoll of Huvadhoo. The kandus of Huvadhoo bring all sorts of marine life and within the atoll are pristine shallow reefs to explore. We spend our last 2 days of diving in the far south before disembarking on day 11 at Kaadedhdhoo airport for your return flight to Male.

Trips also depart from Kaadedhdhoo and end in Male following the same diving program in reverse order.
Maldives Dive Site Highlights

Mulaku Kandu is known for its often strong currents that bring with them large numbers of hammerhead sharks along with white tip and grey reef sharks. hook in at the corner of the channel by the entrance and watch the sharks hunting and cruising or just being cleaned. Tuna and giant trevally are also commonly sighted.

Fotteyo Reef - Felidhoo Kandu hailed as a photographers' paradise, there are so mnay subjects - large and small - from reef sharks and rays to turtles and shrimps, be sure to empty your memory card and charge up the strobes before the dive!

Ekefaru Kandu - Northern Huvadhoo Atoll has a deep channel and offers divers the opportunity to view numerous species of reef shark and rays. Dog-tooth tuna, snappers, baracuda and jacks are amongst the schools of fish that can be seen. The reef here teems with life and the corals are in great condition.

Kuda Giri Wreck - South Male Atoll laying between 20 and 35m this steel wreckage attracts a mutlitude of marine life including a resident giant frogfish. Ascending the reef 'tower', you can find leaf fish, scorpion fish and other benthic species resting and hiding amongst the staghorn corals.

Weather and Water Temperature

The Maldives has two very distinct seasons. The “dry season” runs from January through to March, also known as the Northeast Monsoon. The “wet season” is from mid-May until November, and known as the Southwest Monsoon. Throughout the year the climate remains almost constant with average temperatures of 30 degrees Celsius, giving sunny days and light winds in the evenings. Thunderstorms can occur during the southwest monsoon and you will experience cloudy days – however the rain can be a relief from the high temperatures.
Water temperatures are broadly similar throughout the region; and rarely vary beyond 27-30 degrees Celsius. Most guests find that a 3mm shorty and possibly a rash vest is suitable. However, for guests who feel the cold easily, especially with repeated diving, then we recommend to bring your own 5mm. In short bring what you feel most comfortable in.

Getting there

All International flights for the Maldives have Male as their main destination, from where either begin your trip or take a short domestic flight to your departure atoll.

The Male International Airport is mere fifteen minutes from Male. The airport is small, but well-equipped with souvenir and duty-free shops, restaurants and medical facilities as well as banking and postal services.

The airport is accessible via Male’ on a dhoni ferry, that run every few minutes between the two islands. The airport island also hosts the five-star Hulhule’ Island Hotel.

Worldwide Dive and Sail Central and Southern Itinerary alternates the start and finish between Male and Kaadedhdhoo.

formerly...

#216 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

My vote is for the ripping currents that are on some of the Maldives signature dive sites...currents equal big pelagics (sharks) and more nutrients for more colorful reefs and better visibility...we just have to treat these dives as drift dives with divers able to deploy there own SMB so the dhoni can pick us up. The shallower protected atolls may be easier for macro photography or less experience divers therefore less risk for the boat. This is kinda like going to FIJI and not diving the Bligh Water (ripping currents) where all the action is at and what FIJI is famous for. It will also save us one leg of the domestic flight and I'll take hammerheads over tigers if given a choice.

#217 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

I read through the trip reports for both the Central to Southern route and the Southern route only. Both sound like they offer the same things in their reports. Current, Sharks, Rays, the chance of seeing Whale sharks, and Hammer Heads on both. The Southern route even had a Mola Mola sighting that same time of year. On one of the Southern charters they even made a trip out of the atoll, further south to the island of “Foammula”. "The island lies south of the Equator, and offers wall dives with amazing visibility. We had heard reports of resent thresher, silver-tip, hammerhead sharks and also oceanic manta rays, so as the weather was good we wanted to offer the opportunity the group to see some of these rare animals" It sounds like every dive no matter what itinerary is a chance to see something amazing so I am good either way.

#218 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well getting no add'l feedback on this my plan is to keep the Itinerary as originally stated. However if anyone wants to go with the boat's suggestion I can change right up until I get the contract from Singapore Air...so please let me know.

formerly...

#219 stu

stu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:230

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Please add me to very interested list, thanks, Stu
  • WreckWench likes this

#220 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

I just wanna dive......

no problem to leave the decision in the hands (or tanks?) of those divers who have been in this area before. Whatever gives us the maximum dives in fantastic areas for the best price.

Susan

#221 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

:wub:

formerly...

#222 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hey gang...I know waiting for the air contract from Singapore Air is tedious at best...but in the meantime here is an update on the local flight for our itinerary for Maldives...

Originally Central - Southern (A)

Embarkation Point – 20th February 2013 - Male Airport, Male Atoll, @ 1pm
Disembarkation Point – 2nd March 2013 - Kaadedhdhoo Airport, Huvadhoo Atoll @ 10am

For this originally itinerary : Central - southern (A) you will need one way domestic flight at the end of this cruise from Kaadedhdhoo back to Male which the flight schedule has not been released from the airline but we expect to receive it in November and the rough price for next year (2013) flight from Kaadedhdhoo - Male, it should not be more than 160-170 Euro per person.( Year 2012 it is 146 Euro per person.)

For itinerary Southern (if change)

Embarkation Point – 20th February 2013 - Kaadedhdhoo Airport, Huvadhoo Atoll, @ 1pm
Disembarkation Point – 2nd March 2013 - Kaadedhdhoo Airport, Huvadhoo Atoll @ 10am

Then you will need 2 flights at the beginning and after the cruise from /to MALE - Kaadedhdhoo which one more flight extra @ around 160-170 Euro per person.

formerly...

#223 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

While waiting for our contract here is more info about diving in the Maldives and about our host...World Wide Dive & Sail. Having no specific votes for the *Southern* Itinerary only we are moving forward with the Central & Southern which has one less local flight so will save us some money. Stay tuned for more...

CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN A 10 NIGHTS MALE TO HUVADHOO

TRIP INFO

Embarkation: Male Airport, Male Atoll
Disembarkation: Kaadedhdhoo Airport, South Huvadhoo Atoll
Arrival Airport: Male International Airport
Departure Airport: Kaadedhdhoo Airport

Insurance:
Trip Insurance is required for this trip as SingleDivers.com and Worldwide Dive and Sail cannot be held liable for any delays which occur during the cruise, nor delays/cancellations of the flights and transfers organized on your behalf not to mention the array of unforseen events that often strike before a bucket list trip like this!

Visa and Passports:
Passport holders of most western countries will be issued a visa for stays up to 30 days, upon arrival into Male. Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay within the Maldives along with an onward flight ticket.. Those people travelling to the Maldives from a Yellow Fever Zone country will be required to show an international certificate of vaccination. We strongly advise all guests to obtain up to date information from the Maldives Department of Immigration and Emigration http://www.immigration.gov.mv/

Time Zone:
The local time is 5 hours ahead of UTC (GMT).

HealthCare:
There are two main hospitals in Male providing medical services to both local and tourist. All inhabited islands have a health centre and resorts have their own medical facilities. We advise guests to consult their doctor before travel for up to date information on required/ recommended vaccinations. Dengue fever and Malaria are known to exist in the Maldives.

Language and Religion:
The language spoken in the Maldives is Dhivehi, however the dialect differs in the more secluded southern atolls. English is widely spoken by those working within the tourism industry. The official religion is Islam. It is a criminal offence to import pork, or pork products or any form of alcohol into the Maldives. NOTE: The Siren is a private vessel in Int'l Waters and will carry beer and wine on this cruise.

Climate and Weather:

Clothing and Footwear:
Dress code on board our yacht is very casual and most guests feel comfortable in little more than swim wear, shorts and t-shirts. However, we ask our guests to put a t-shirt over the swimwear while seated at the dining area. A sweater is advised for cooler nights, particularly after multiple dives. Guests prefer bare feet on board the yacht; however island visits will require sturdy sandals or cross-trainers.

Please bear in mind you are visiting a Muslim country and appropriate clothing is advised when visiting local villages. Nudism and topless sunbathing are prohibited.

Electricity:
On board the yacht we have both 220V and 110V with 2 round pin sockets. (European style) Please make sure you bring universal adapter with you if necessary. Electrical current on land is 240 Volts with the US-style flat 2-pin sockets.

Smoking:
Smoking onboard is permitted in designated (outdoor) areas only.

Money Matters:
The local currency is the Rufiyaa (MRF) which comes in notes of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 & 500. The vast majority of all hotels & resorts will accept a wide range of credit and debit cards. Please note that in some cases you may be asked to pay a service charge for credit card handling. This can range from 3.5 – 6.0%. ATM’s are easily found at Male airport or in Male town. Branches of the national Bank, Bank of Maldives, can be found in Male and other major tourist hubs. Traveller’s cheques are not very popular as they are not very easy to exchange so most guests prefer to carry cash and / or use credit cards. US$ may be exchanged at Male airport upon arrival.

Payments Onboard:
Marine Park and Port Fees
The port fees and Maldivian ”bed tax” for this trip are €80 per person and must be paid onboard in cash.

Optional Extras:
Any extra costs you may have onboard must be paid in cash. Worldwide Dive and Sail accepts GBP, EUR, USD and the Rufiyaa. We regret we are currently unable to accept credit card payments on our Maldives excursions. Trips often finish in remote locations, it is best to bring extra cash in case there is no ATM or other method of withdrawing or exchanging money. In addition to park & port fees, guests are advised to bring between 200-300€, for any incidental expenses such as massage, wine, cocktails, laundry, dive course, torch or computer rental and WWDS merchandise.

Tipping:
Tipping is a matter of personal choice. You may wish to leave a tip if you feel the crew has made your holiday extra special. Tips are divided equally amongst all the crew including dive guides.

Airport Terminal Fee:
Airport departure tax of 12US$ is typically included within your flight ticket.

Diving Information:

1. Guests’ Level of Diving:
Worldwide Dive and Sail welcomes everyone from non -divers to seasoned divers. Each destination has different diving conditions based on the season and time of the trip. If you have concerns regarding the conditions of the destination you wish to visit then please contact your agent or Worldwide Dive and Sail. NOTE Maldives is not an ideal venue for EXTREMELY NEW divers due to currents but can be managed successfully without hundreds of dives. IF IN DOUBT please contact kamala@singledivers.com and we'll talk about your unique circumstances.

2. SD's Rent-A-Buddy Program:

Please also note that the Rent-A-Buddy program will be very limited on this trip if available at all. It is after all a bucket list trip and our hired Rent-A-Buddies want to be able to enjoy diving without working the entire time. So if you had planned to do the RAB program... please talk to us FIRST via kamala@singledivers.com! :thankyou:

3. Water Temperature and Exposure Suits:

The weather in the Maldives is tropically pleasant with a year-round sea breeze. Air temperatures range from lows around 78°F (26°C) to highs in the high 80s and low 90s. There are two distinct but mild monsoon seasons in this equatorial country and each is named after the prevailing wind direction during that time of year. The northeast monsoon runs from December to April and brings relatively consistent, fair weather, but also often brings significant currents. The southeast monsoon from May through October brings a bit more wind and occasional rain (usually short-lived), but generally not as much current.

The vessel’s itineraries are designed to take advantage of the changing conditions and to take divers to the best diving areas for the different seasons. The visibility is usually at its peak in December and January — sometimes well over 100 feet (30 meters)! Mantas can be seen throughout the year with the best feeding-station encounters typically during the May to November timeframe. Whale sharks are also seen most every month of the year, with the highest concentration seen in the monsoon transition months of April, May, October and November. The water temperatures remain a toasty 78-85º F (27-29°C) throughout the year. Most divers are comfortable with a 3mm wetsuit.

4. Scuba Equipment:
Since some of the airline carriers have strict check-in luggage limits, Worldwide Dive and Sail offers most rental equipment free of charge
All trips include:
 12 litre tanks (15 litre tanks by special request and depending on availability)
 Weight belt and weights
 BCD – not weight-integrated
 Regulator - complete with alternate air source and depth/pressure gauge consol
 Wetsuits - 3mm shorty only
 Mask
 Fins - full foot or open heel and boots

5. Equipment Rental:
The following equipment is for rental at an extra charge of 5 € per day.
 Underwater torch
 Dive computer*
* Please note that the use of a dive computer is compulsory on our yachts. For your safety, Worldwide Dive and Sail asks all guests to always dive within the limits of their dive computer.
Underwater Photography and Videography
** PLEASE NOTE THAT SD WILL HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF FREE COCHRAN'S THAT CAN BE USED ON THE TRIP ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS!

6. Our yachts offer specialised features for underwater photographers and videographers:
These include:
  • Each cabin is fitted with an individual computer and multiple power sources to facilitate the needs of digital photography. The computer features high-end specifications and 20” high- definition flat- screen which is integrated with the yacht’s network server in the saloon.
  • Work stations for the preparation and maintenance of cameras including prep and storage areas.
  • Large rinsing tanks with fresh water changed frequently.

7. Recompression Chamber and First Aid:
The Maldive Siren is equipped with basic first aid supplies & emergency oxygen. There are 5 recompression chamber facilities in the Maldives archipelago. The largest is situated on Bandos Island, approximately 15 minutes by speedboat from Male. Other facilities can be found on Sinnmonn Alidhoo, Illi Gili Addu, Kuramathi Resort and Kandholhudhoo Island.

8. Flying After Diving:
Current studies show that you should wait at least 24 hours after multiple repetitive dives before you fly. Please have this in mind before you book your onwards international or domestic flights.

9. Diving Insurance:
Diving insurance is mandatory aboard all Worldwide Dive and Sail yachts, irrespective of destination. Please ensure your insurance covers scuba diving and snorkeling, including the costs for recompression chamber treatment and emergency air evacuation. Whilst many general travel insurance companies will cover scuba diving activities they often fall short on recompression treatment or evacuation. Worldwide Dive and Sail strongly recommends purchasing diving- specific insurance such as DiveAssure.com, DAN (Divers Alert Network), Indepths or PADI which each have broad coverage for diving accident treatments and medical transportation. Prices vary dependent on your chosen package.

10. What to Bring:
The following is a check list of items that you should ensure to bring with you for your trip to the Maldives.
 Passport
6 month validity
2 empty pages for Maldives visa stickers and stamps
 Travel Documents
Flight tickets- International & Domestic; hotel booking; excursions
 Cash & Credit Card for emergencies
Maldives Bed Tax & Port Fee – 80Euro
Additional Recommended – 200-300Euro
 Diving Certification & Logbook
 Travel and Diving Insurance Documents
To include emergency medical evacuation
 Essential Diving Items
Dive computer with full battery
5mm long wetsuit if you feel the cold easily
 Toiletries & Medications
Including sunscreen & insect repellent
Inform booking team of medical conditions
 Essential Clothing Items
Swim wear, hat and lightweight jacket
Laundry service available onboard

Contact Details:
Head Office:
Worldwide Dive and Sail
10/512 Moo 3,
Tambon Vichit, 83100
Muang, Phuket, Thailand
T TH: +66 (0) 076 367 444
T UK: +44 (0) 208 099 2230
T USA: (Toll Free): +1 866 258 6398
W: www.worldwidediveandsail.com
E: info@worldwidediveandsail.com

Maldives Office:
Worldwide Dive and Sail Siren Maldives Pvt. Ltd
G. Shafaq,
Raddhebay Magu Male,
Maldives
Tel Maldives: +96 0 9991837
Emergency 24 hour numbers:
Mark (Th) : +66 84 923 4109
Mark (UK): +44 772 949 4379
Frank: +62 8529 9999 712
Operations: +66 84 244 5554
Please only use in the event of a real emergency and if the call cannot wait until office hours.

formerly...

#224 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Some sneak peaks at the diving....courtesy of World Wide Dive & Sail and Explorer Ventures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

formerly...

#225 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Some sneak peaks at the boat...courtesy of World Wide Dive & Sail:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users