• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Nautilus Lifeline...FINALLY A Diver's GPS only $299...depth rated to 425ft.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hey Fred...I'm sorry I did not see this post. I will be happy to return your money BUT check out the next post first!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

GOOD NEWS!!!

I just SPOKE with the Nautilus Lifeline GPS folks and they have great news they are just about ready to announce so you are hearing it HERE first! :wakawaka:

1. The unit has now rec'd FCC approval and the Canadian version as well.
2. CE or the European version is being finished up as we speak.
3. Final testing of the units have been completed and as a result of the testing the following changes have been made to the unit:

a. A charging light has been added so you know when the until is charged and not charged.
b. Icons on the buttons have been replaced with colored buttons so you do not have to guess which button is for the phone, channel 16 etc.
i. Red is now the DSP
ii. Orange is for Channel 16 Distress Channel
iii. Green is for the Boat's private channel that you are diving off of

Other enhancements in durability and better customer interface have been made as well.

BUT THE BEST NEWS IS....They should begin shipping the END OF JULY*!!! :cheerleader:

*Note: Shipping should begin the end of July to suppliers such as SD.com. We will then turn them around to you asap. And I'll be home all of Aug except for the first couple of days so I will be able to turn them around with no delays! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#63 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

We're now well into July and I think I also want to pull out.

#64 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Peter and Fred...this is the first ship date we've rec'd since the original missed date. The end of July is right around the s a corner. What is a few more days?

If they miss this one then bail?

And while I can't make you wait any longer...the product has been improved and will be a truly amazing product.

Consider giving it a few more days...20 to be precise to see if they really do make the end of July anticipated ship date.

formerly...

#65 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

ask them for a pdf of the FCC certification as i would like to see.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#66 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

Peter and Fred...this is the first ship date we've rec'd since the original missed date. The end of July is right around the s a corner. What is a few more days?

If they miss this one then bail?

And while I can't make you wait any longer...the product has been improved and will be a truly amazing product.

Consider giving it a few more days...20 to be precise to see if they really do make the end of July anticipated ship date.

Sorry Wenchie but I am out. The juice is not worth the squeeze. Let me know how to handle the refund. I used some Wenchie Bucks which I do not want back. Just the cash I am out.

Thanks

Fred
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#67 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

And my circumstances now are such that the cash would be of more use to me than the device, however well it might work.

#68 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

According to the Nautilus Lifeline web site, these items are shipping NOW..yet so far I can find no one who actually has one in their possession--and I've been looking.

Do any of you have one yet? If your local LDS is one of those listed as a merchant on the NL web site, have they gotten them in yet?

• Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

According to the Nautilus Lifeline web site, these items are shipping NOW..yet so far I can find no one who actually has one in their possession--and I've been looking.

Do any of you have one yet? If your local LDS is one of those listed as a merchant on the NL web site, have they gotten them in yet?

Shame on you. Its in the scubatoys catalog. If they haven't got a shipment yet, can bet nobody has.

#70 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

Shame on you. Its in the scubatoys catalog. If they haven't got a shipment yet, can bet nobody has.

BUT....Scubatoys is not listed as a merchant on the Nautilus Lifeline drop down menu when you check that page on their web site. SingleDivers.com is, though.

Really troubling aspect is that the NL folks don't appear to be responding to to the folks who are genuinely wondering where the product is. I know that they are listed as exhibitors again at DEMA, so I wonder what kind of reception they will get this year since they have yet to make good on any delivery promise as far as I can determine.

PPM

• Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

BUT....Scubatoys is not listed as a merchant on the Nautilus Lifeline drop down menu when you check that page on their web site. SingleDivers.com is, though.

Really troubling aspect is that the NL folks don't appear to be responding to to the folks who are genuinely wondering where the product is. I know that they are listed as exhibitors again at DEMA, so I wonder what kind of reception they will get this year since they have yet to make good on any delivery promise as far as I can determine.

PPM

Scuba.com is saying available mid-November. WeBDivin' is the only LDS I recognize on the list in our area. They are closer to you than me.

They claim to have FCC certs so they should be good in the US. I suspect that manufacturing and possibly funding is killing them in this economy. Times are rough for everyone and this product doesn't have a huge customer base.

#72 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

They have my sympathy but I now definitely do NOT want the unit I ordered (and paid for) so long ago.

#73 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Just one issue and in my opinion its false advertisement, but when i queried the FCC on NL "certification" all queries came back "No record found", "No such entry" or they had no clue as to what I was talking about. Although they were interested to see the NL ad claiming FCC certification.

This has been a Charlie Foxtrot'ed Vaporware from the word go. This situation is the exact reason why i don't pre-order anything (especially software or life support equipment) until its on the market and has been tested by end users for 3-6 months. I think ill stick to a EPIRB, at least if i set that off people beyond visual range will be notified that I need help ASAP.

I wish i could make it to DEMA as it should be interesting if NL makes a appearance. It will be a heck of a show may not be torches and pitch forks like days of old but more like spearguns and milflex hoses for people who have been duped in this Charlie Foxtrot.

Edited by Scubatooth, 21 October 2011 - 11:14 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#74 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

F.C.C. Certification was granted October 6, 2011. ZNJ0020926606

RE: shipping. They probably had a zillion pre-orders. Now that they can sell & ship in the U.S.A., I would expect that they have to allocate shipments in a way that they feel is fairest to all.

Edited by Racer184, 22 October 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#75 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

F.C.C. Certification was granted October 6, 2011. ZNJ0020926606

Interesting.

Earlier in this thread it appears they told Kamala that they had FCC certification in July of this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users