• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2011-10: Oct 27-Nov1...Annual Single's Week...Halloween 2011 in Cozumel!...EVERYONE WELCOME!!!

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#31 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

Not sure if anyone is considering this trip is in a position to buy airfare, but I was just able to book RT from Denver to CZM on American for $425RT. Seemed like a good price to me.

That is a fabulous price! kamala

As typical, it was too good to be true. AA just called me, and they have cancelled all flights to Cozumel on Tuesday-Thursday.

So it will make flying directly to Cozumel for these dates VERY difficult as there are now no flights that I can book during the dates of this trip. Seems like the only option will be to go to Cancun and do the bag drag.

#32 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Continental changed our flights for a day later, and returning a day later (too), but I'm waiting to see what will happen as we get closer to the date. I just have this feeling that it will be available again before I change airlines.

#33 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

Payment Update:
1) Johanne aka JoCanuck ww received your trip deposit of $400 :wakawaka:

#34 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Continental changed our flights for a day later, and returning a day later (too), but I'm waiting to see what will happen as we get closer to the date. I just have this feeling that it will be available again before I change airlines.

Last year I had to fly in through Cancun and take the ferry after AA changed their scgedule. Wasn't too bad though.

#35 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

#. BOOKING TEMPLATE- Tray aka Scrappykidz
Payment Summary to Date:
Choose Pkg-4/3 or 5/4 (Group Pkg) or 7/5: 5/4
Available Discounts List if Applicable:
Extra Days/Nights:
Extra Dives:
Nitrox $120 for 5/4 pkg or $130 for 7/5 pkg (includes night dive) or $90 for 4/3 pkg: NO
D/O (Double Occupancy) or S/O (Single Occupancy): D/O
Documents: SD Waiver - __ SD Survey - ____
Dive Insurance CURRENT: DAN 2156688
Trip Insurance MUST CHOOSE ONE OPTION BELOW: A
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
Flight Details:
Other Such as Special Food Needs, etc.:
Special Turtle Hatching Tour -In lieu of 3rd dive on Halloween + $20 for r/t taxi: Yes

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Great to have you Tray.... :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TRIP DOCUMENT UPDATE:

Hey gang...with the dive industry facing the same challenges we all face daily of doing 'more with less' it becomes IMPERATIVE for us to provide rooming and flight details NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE TRIP. In order for us to meet these new deadlines we need YOUR documentation well prior to 30 days before the trip so we have time to process your information. in fact we need your survey and docs with your final payment.

As you know your flight details are needed so we can set up transfers OR just know if you've made your flights or 'have missed the boat'. Your rooming details enable us to room you with a roomie that is as compatible on as many levels as possible. We are limited by gender and room category you signed up for but if you don't care who we room you with other than someone in the same class of room and the same gender...then take your time getting us your docs...or blow them off entirely SANS THE WAIVERS & MED INFO OF COURSE.

Care about who your roomie is? Want to be matched on more than gender or room category? Then please get us your rooming and diving survey NOW!!! And NO LATER THAN 60 days prior to the trip when your final payment is due. And absolutely no later than 30 days prior to the trip or we will room you based solely upon gender and class of room.

We need your help to help you have a better diving experience! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#38 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv Adventure, Computer Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Can anyone give details on the transfer from Cancun (if not here, then direct me to the right forum).

As noted by others, direct flights to Coz on these dates are harder to make, and moreover Cancun flights are quit a bit cheaper.

Am I right in reading that it's just a $20 ferry?
Peace of mind? It's a Piece of Cake.

#39 scubachick43

scubachick43

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

I know October is a ways off. As Marg said Continental has changed our flights. Leaving Friday october 28th Flight #CO 1696 and arrive in Cozy at 11:39am. Coming home leave November 2 CO# 1698 at 11:10am. I think we are still riding the tidal wave to see our options, since we some time left.

--Carolyn

#40 Jo Canuck

Jo Canuck

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Can anyone give details on the transfer from Cancun (if not here, then direct me to the right forum).

As noted by others, direct flights to Coz on these dates are harder to make, and moreover Cancun flights are quit a bit cheaper.

Am I right in reading that it's just a $20 ferry?

I only have the choice of Cancun for my carrier and looking for information on transfers was a bit confusing but this is what I learned.

Taxi's are not allowed to pick you up right at the airport, they can however pick you up just off the grounds and the 45 minute ride to Playa del Carmen to catch the ferry will run you about $65. You then have to use the ferry (on foot) to get across $26 return, to be picked up by the resort or taxi on the Cozumel side.

Private transfer companies can pick you up right at the airport and advanced booking can cost up to $110 return if you have no one to share the vehicle with. Shared rates vary. They can only bring you as far as the ferry and again, on foot, $26 for the ferry and taxi in Coz.

The transit bus goes direct to the bus depot in Playa on 5th Ave for $7 each way but from what I understand, this is the transit everyone uses and it is several blocks from the bus depot in Playa to the ferry dock again a taxi required to make the final blocks if your dragging suitcases.

Maya Air offers a direct flight from Cancun to Coz about every 2hrs through the day, last one leaving for the island about 8:30pm and return, taxes in aprox $120. They have a 55lbs luggage weight restriction per person. My flight arrives in Terminal 2 and there is an airport shuttle (free) to terminal 1 for the Maya Air flight. You then would need to be picked up by the resort at Cozumel on arrival. No ferry cost required.

When I looked at the amount of time, expense, confusion and risk travelling as a single female, (with very white Canadian skin), doing all this starting at sunset and arriving well after dark, I am going to shell out for the flight across, stay within the airport systems, stay safe and enjoy the view. The difference in arrival time to the island was only about 30 minutes no matter which way I went.

If you want to try the transfer, cab and ferry with me I arrive Oct 26th at 5pm and flights home out of Cancun Nov 2 @4:15pm. We should be ok if there is at least 2 of us travelling together. Good luck and see you in Cozumel.

Edited by Jo Canuck, 05 July 2011 - 09:12 AM.

#41 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

If you want to try the transfer, cab and ferry with me I arrive Oct 26th at 5pm and flights home out of Cancun Nov 2 @4:15pm. We should be ok if there is at least 2 of us travelling together. Good luck and see you in Cozumel.

Hey thanks! All in, it sounds like the extra expense is more worthwhile. Your research corroborates what I was getting from a Lonely Planet book - in the end, it costs about the same and is marginally more of a hassle.

#42 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

I have another question - based on my earlier question, I'm guessing the answer will be something like "more trouble than it's worth".

When I first looked at going to Coz/Cancun, one of the draws was the Maya ruins. I know there are some on Cozumel, but I was really keep to see them on the mainland. If I were to stay an extra day or two, is that hard to work out?

#43 Jo Canuck

Jo Canuck

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

There are all kinds of packaged tours for the ruins. They would be 1-2hr drives from Cancun though. We stayed south of Playa del Carmen last winter and our trip to Coba was about 45min further south from our resort. Coba is now the only pyramid they still let you climb and you have to experience that. It is tall and steep and I think that there is less tourist traffic there than the other more famous pyramids. Our tour also included repelling down into a cenote to float around on inner tubes for a bit, and some zip lining. A full day excursion and lots of fun.

The operator's brochure lists this web page

www.alltournative.com our package was Encuentro Maya Expedicionand it had cost about $120 each. We spent a 10hr day after all was said and done.

I found this looking around, http://www.tripadvis..._Peninsula.html

this person took the Aldo bus from Playa to Tulum to Coba, did the ruins, and was back to his hotel in a shorter day, costing less than $20 for everything (wow!) Now that I think about it, if the ruins is all you want to see, this may very well be the way to do it, take the ferry to Playa del Carmen and bus it from there. Once to Coba, our tour person handed us off the the official tour guide at the ruins anyway and then probably went for a beer somewhere while we went into the gate. I think we took about 2 hours tops to do the tour and get back to our van for travel on to the next activity. Repelling into the cenote was fun but a bit anticlimactic after diving the reefs in the area.

Again, if we were at least 2, I could so do it this way!

Edited by Jo Canuck, 09 July 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#44 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Is there a deadline for this trip? I'm trying to decide between this one and Roatan. Will pull the trigger this weekend but for some reason I think tomorrow is the deadline for Coz.

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

No deadline...so we'd love to have you! This will be a more intimate trip...a great way to dive! kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users