• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:08 AM

You COOK on weekends?!?!?

Darlin', weekends are made for DIVING!!!!!!!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:15 AM

Yes they are...if you live near the ocean or water worth diving! I however don't! So yes...unless I'm diving...I cook on the weekends! LOL!!!

Oh yes....and now I work on SingleDivers.com stuff on weekends too!!! But so do you!! :fish2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:28 AM

I take weekends off, dear one.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:38 AM

So posting on the board is just fun for you!! Cool!!!! B) Cuz except for last weekend...you spend a fair amount of time on the board making everyone feel welcome and just being your wonderful self!! And yes...you do that on weekends as well!!!! :fish2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:50 AM

Wow WW!! I'll be over for dinners the week after I'm a VaScubaGirl's. Although, I might just stay for more than a week!! LOL

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#21 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 24 March 2004 - 01:01 PM

This is sounding pretty good.  I can go to Coppermaus' place for a week for dinners then slide by VaScubaGirl's for the next week!! 

C'mon over, girl! Let's have a dinner party. Swapping meals is also a great idea; I'll have to see if anyone around here would want to get in on that (my mom lives too far away).
coppermaus

#22 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 24 March 2004 - 01:03 PM

9. Butter vs. margarine....always use a SMALL amount of butter...

I'm with you there, WW, except I use a LARGE amount of butter. Mmmm, butter...
coppermaus

#23 VaScubaGirl

VaScubaGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:01 PM

Anytime DL...come right on down and get yourself a good home cooked southern meal. One thing about southerners...we know how to cook up a meal!

Hey WW...given your background...I travel bunches for work and am not a big salad person, especially as a meal, any suggestions on how to eat healthy? I often end up eating at the bar and it's not always the healthiest fare.
Follow your bliss, just don't follow it too closely in case it stops suddenly!

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:26 PM

Wow WW!! I'll be over for dinners the week after I'm a VaScubaGirl's. Although, I might just stay for more than a week!! LOL

Diverlady

You are welcome ANY time!!! Hey...I LOVE cooking for other people and I've learned how to always be able to 'throw' a meal together regardless of who shows up at the last minute....just ask Jim! He shows up with either main meal in hand or a chunk of meat to grill and usually some vino to go with it. (Now you know why he asked me to put him on the "kick him in the bu-- diet" after getting so out of whack in Cozy. He has actually done VERY well since getting back following a very simple 3 step regime that I put him on and he was going to post in the health segment so we'll see. LOL!!!

formerly...

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:27 PM

Anytime DL...come right on down and get yourself a good home cooked southern meal. One thing about southerners...we know how to cook up a meal!

Hey WW...given your background...I travel bunches for work and am not a big salad person, especially as a meal, any suggestions on how to eat healthy? I often end up eating at the bar and it's not always the healthiest fare.

Hey girl...I can give you some suggestions...but I'm bushed this evening. I'll try to reply tomorrow. ww

formerly...

#26 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:21 PM

OK, I'm definitely signing up for the "SD.com Food Tour 2003" ... where's the line form?

First off, VaScubaGirl, you could not be more right about southern cooking. My favorite eatin' towns that I've been to have to be New Orleans and Savannah. All I have to say is that if you haven't been to Mrs. Wilkes' in Savannah you have not truly eaten.

WW: love the salad idea (and actually printed out your post to take to the grocery), but there must be some sort of animal sacrifice for me ... I am a protein hound. Steak, steak, and more steak ... very rare (but not blue). Living in warm SoCal, BBQing is a year-round activity and I can do one steak and some veggies on the barbie in nothin' flat.

When it does get cold/wet out, I'm with Narwhal on the George Foreman Grill. Toss on a couple of chicken breasts and in seven minutes you're eating.

The one thing I'm surprised I haven't read on this board yet is SEARED AHI (yum!!). My personal recipe: start with a half-pound steak of sushi-grade ahi (any of the better markets have this - in SoCal I go to Gelson's or Bristol Farms), about 1.5" thick. Rub each side with honey, ginger (grated fresh or powdered), fresh-ground black pepper, sesame seeds, and then drizzle some soy sauce over it. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet until it is almost smoking. Place the fish in the pan and cook 30 seconds a side. You're done! I throw some veggies in my steamer at the very beginning of the process and they're done by the time the fish is.

Edited by jextract, 31 March 2004 - 08:21 PM.

"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#27 Sweeper

Sweeper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:56 PM

Ah, a thread of a pleasure as great as diving! I'm very clear that I live to eat rather than eat to live. I just love good food! :cool2: Even if I'm by myself I fix myself really great meals with wine and all the trimmings! Foie gras, truffles, you name it, I love and cook it!

Anyone wanna' come over for dinner? No large crowds though; that becomes work!

One of the reasons I chose Key Largo for my end of April dive trip was the great restaurants I heard are in that area.

Nobody know of other great dive places with great restaurants?

Michael
We can have what we want or our reasons why not!

#28 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

Okay so it appears there will be more stops on my food tour through the U.S. Now I'm going to have to haul out a map to figure out the best route to take but it looks like I'll be a little late getting to VAScubaGirl's as I will be stopping in Maryland first and after I leave Wreck Wench's, I'll be heading to California!! :)

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#29 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:44 PM

Hey!! Don't forget to stop by and see me!!! I'll cook a good meal for ya!! After all I'm so close, maybe I should just join ya!
Sempar Partus!!

#30 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:57 PM

OK OK OK....you all HAVE TO STOP THIS. YOU ARE DRIVING ME NUTS HERE!

Ok, I feel somewhat better, oh and sorry for shouting. I couldn't help myself. I eat SO MUCH SO OFTEN and it is because I have to. So I better love to cook and cook well, it's the cleaning that I hate to do, so I have become custom to cleaning as I go.

Everyone talking about food and their receipes is making me hungry and I just got through with a 13oz Top Sirloin, 1 cup of brocholli, 1 cup of corn, a medium size sweet potato, and a 1/2 lbs of skewed shrimp, oh and of course my 100grm protein shake. Believe it or not, I eat like this 6 to 8 times a day. Breakfast is somewhat lighter but not by much, and yes, one of my biggest meals is RIGHT before I go to bed.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users