• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Food

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:03 PM

B) Well now that ya'll have made me hungry, I am going to have to find someone or somewhere to go eat a steak, southern style, that is.

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:15 PM

I eat SO MUCH SO OFTEN and it is because I have to. So I better love to cook and cook well, it's the cleaning that I hate to do, so I have become custom to cleaning as I go.

Everyone talking about food and their receipes is making me hungry and I just got through with a 13oz Top Sirloin, 1 cup of brocholli, 1 cup of corn, a medium size sweet potato, and a 1/2 lbs of skewed shrimp, oh and of course my 100grm protein shake. Believe it or not, I eat like this 6 to 8 times a day. Breakfast is somewhat lighter but not by much, and yes, one of my biggest meals is RIGHT before I go to bed.

-ZD

Aw the price you pay for burning over 10,000 calories a day working out both morning and night! :)

That and the food bill....gosh that has to be incredibly high!!! :dancing:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:19 PM

lol WW....you are right....if I don't consume 8 to 10,000 calories a day, I start losing weight that I can't afford to lose right now. That will all come later.

Anyone want to swap my food bill for their house payment? :)

You would be suprised how many months my food bill is HIGHER than my house payment.... :dancing:

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:30 PM

The one thing I'm surprised I haven't read on this board yet is SEARED AHI (yum!!).  My personal recipe:  start with a half-pound steak of sushi-grade ahi (any of the better markets have this - in SoCal I go to Gelson's or Bristol Farms), about 1.5" thick.  Rub each side with honey, ginger (grated fresh or powdered), fresh-ground black pepper, sesame seeds, and then drizzle some soy sauce over it.  Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet until it is almost smoking.  Place the fish in the pan and cook 30 seconds a side.  You're done!  I throw some veggies in my steamer at the very beginning of the process and they're done by the time the fish is.

Oooh the ahi...how could I forget???? and that recipie sounds scrumptious!!! (California and the PNW as well as Western Coastal Canada have the luxury of the BEST ahi and sushi always readily available! Yum! Yum!)

Actually meat sacrafices are fine...but as Americans we eat too much protein...muscles are made of nutrition and water...not protien! But go ahead and sacrafice the animals....add them to that monster salad and you'll be eating happy and healthy!!

In fact...the body is an amazing machine...you only need to eat 1/3 of your food from plants in order to digest the animal based foods you eat. Otherwise you will use up the finite number of enzymes in your stomach and once they are gone...can you say "ROLAIDS" then "Mylanta" then "Acid Reflux" and the list of maladies grows as we find more and more people having used up those finite enzymes all because they didn't eat ANY fruits or veggies or plant based foods with all those carnivorous and carbo meals!!!

Whoops...you can't get me to not discuss food and nutrition in the same conversation...fortunately I can be quiet when I'm just EATING the food!!! LOL!!!

-Bon Appetite

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#35 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:30 PM

mmmm sushi........now I'm hungry!!!!
Sempar Partus!!

#36 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:03 PM

Oooh the ahi...how could I forget???? and that recipie sounds scrumptious!!!  (California and the PNW as well as Western Coastal Canada have the luxury of the BEST ahi and sushi always readily available! Yum! Yum!)

You mean there are actually places in the world worth going to where you can't get good ahi and sushi? Wow... I MUST be spoiled.

OK, sushi tonight in celebration of sushi! :luvsign:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:15 PM

Oooh the ahi...how could I forget???? and that recipie sounds scrumptious!!!  (California and the PNW as well as Western Coastal Canada have the luxury of the BEST ahi and sushi always readily available! Yum! Yum!)

You mean there are actually places in the world worth going to where you can't get good ahi and sushi? Wow... I MUST be spoiled.

OK, sushi tonight in celebration of sushi! :luvsign:

No fair....being landlocked...we get GOOD sushi just not FABULOUS sushi!!! Darn it!!! Now I got a craving for raw meat!!! :luvsign:

formerly...

#38 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

lol WW....you are right....if I don't consume 8 to 10,000 calories a day, I start losing weight that I can't afford to lose right now. That will all come later.

Wow, that's amazing, ZD! With all that eating and working out, you still look like a bird. Maybe it's an old picture?

:D
coppermaus

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 06:18 PM

Wow, that's amazing, ZD! With all that eating and working out, you still look like a bird.  Maybe it's an old picture? 

;)

ROTFLMAO because it Hurts so bad I can't get up!!!!! :dance:

Brilliant!!! :D

formerly...

#40 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

OK, sushi tonight in celebration of sushi! :D

Hey! Now I want sushi tonight too :dance: !!

#41 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:39 PM

Wow, that's amazing, ZD! With all that eating and working out, you still look like a bird. Maybe it's an old picture?

:D

ROTFLMFAO...babe, you are just too cute....and YES, that is an old picture. About 3 1/2 years ago. I was 218 and 18% BF in that picture. I am now 264 and single digit BF....trying to get to 270 by the end of May because June 1 I start my comp diet. It's rough really....if I miss JUST ONE MEAL, I will lose 3+ pounds that day....I got sick for a couple of days a while back and lost almost 20 pounds in 4 days.....It took me over 2 months to get it back. :lol:

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#42 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

OK, sushi tonight in celebration of sushi! :blush:

Hey! Now I want sushi tonight too :D !!

Mmmmmm.... sushi last night, diving this morning. Weekend's starting off right! Anyone else give in to the sushi urge last night?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#43 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

Where did you dive, Jamie? And how cold was it :blush: ??

jennifer

#44 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:41 AM

Where did you dive, Jamie? And how cold was it :blush: ??

jennifer

I did two beach dives at the pinnacles off of Point Dume. Are you familiar with the area? Vis only about 20 feet but it was still nice to get wet. Saw a huge guitarfish and a good size ling cod, among other things. Picked up lots of trash, too ... I don't know why that area seems to collect it. And pretty chilly in the deeper waters - got down to about 85 feet and the water was in the mid-50s.

You still going tomorrow morning to the aquarium? I won't be there 'til lunch, if you're still around.

Jamie

#45 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 03:01 AM

OK, BRRRR Jamie!! I don't do much beach diving so I am not familiar with Pt. Dume... but happy for you that you braved the chilly Pacific!

Yes, I am still planning on the Aquarium, but I have to get there early and leave in time for a family event at lunchtime, so I will probably miss you. Sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users