• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY!!! 2012-11: Nov 17-24 we are doing DOMINICA for THANKSGIVING

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#16 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

MTCW,and not a commitment... I picked 2 destinations from Boston, Aruba and Cozumel.
The week of T'Day Nov 17-24 vs Nov 24- Dec 1 for those 2 destinations- T'Day week was $200-$400 more for airfare than following week.

I'll vote for week of Nov 24-Dec 1. I hate Thanksgiving. I'll travel on T'Day for a extended vacation depending on destination.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thanks Stan...I know people need to use holidays to travel and I'll be checking Aruba. The week after Thanksgiving is usually easier to get space. We'll have to see what our options look like after this weekend. Hopefully they can check availability and I don;t have to wait too long after they return from Chicago.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 Captain Yellowbeard

Captain Yellowbeard

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI open water
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Being away from home on a holiday is difficult. I loved the timing of Roatan 2011....you get back and have the 3 day work week before Thanksgiving. Too bad that week won't work again this year. The week after Thanksgiving would be good...a little sanity break before the holiday insanity kicks in to full gear.

How many want Thanksgiving and how many just want a great deal in Nov and it doesn't matter what days? We have our annual industry tradeshow whic his Nov 13-18 that I can't miss so it can't be during that timeframe. :thankyou:

And if we don't have enough for a group trip then we'll just pass on great deals we can book for you and save you money and let you *do your own thing* Kamala

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback..I'm still working on locales and deals!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback..I'm still working on locales and deals!

Is there something in your planning for these dates ? Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#21 Token Yank

Token Yank

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:33

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

If you are looking at Egypt in November, count me In!

#22 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Kamala, In case don't make it to Roatan ...
What about Tabago...I just did some info searching ..Looks like nice diving there & out of the Hurricane range..I know Sd has been there not sure when it was recently
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hey gang... after a week in Dominica I am HOOKED again. :cheerleader: I forgot how amazing this place is. One diver described it as 'sensory overload'... another said 'they could not dive anything else in the Caribbean'. A third said 'they'd be back again and again'.

That being said the resort has availability in Nov. I am looking at pricing in the next few days and dates... keep checking out the pictures that everyone is posting HERE... ANYONE CAN BE A PHENOMENAL PHOTOGRAPHER WHEN YOU HAVE TONS OF CRITTERS TO TAKE PICTURES OF!!!

This is the ONLY place in the Caribbean that has this kind of marine life and the MOST BEAUTIFUL REEFS... SPONGES... WALLS... it has it ALL!!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#24 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hey gang... after a week in Dominica I am HOOKED again. :cheerleader: I forgot how amazing this place is. One diver described it as 'sensory overload'... another said 'they could not dive anything else in the Caribbean'. A third said 'they'd be back again and again'.

That being said the resort has availability in Nov. I am looking at pricing in the next few days and dates... keep checking out the pictures that everyone is posting HERE... ANYONE CAN BE A PHENOMENAL PHOTOGRAPHER WHEN YOU HAVE TONS OF CRITTERS TO TAKE PICTURES OF!!!

This is the ONLY place in the Caribbean that has this kind of marine life and the MOST BEAUTIFUL REEFS... SPONGES... WALLS... it has it ALL!!!! :wakawaka:

SUPER!Hope it will work! YOur the best! Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#25 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Given the challenges of travel there, how does it compare to your south pacific diving, like Fiji or Phillipines?

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yes it compares... here's why...

1. The travel is longish but not hard. You overnight in SJU or MIA and then take the one daily flight to Dominica which leaves at 12:30 and arrives 2:30. The outbound is at 3pm. If you live in NY, Boston or FL you can get there in 1 day.

2. The price is a about half of what the pacific costs to dive. Our LOADED pkg was $1200 for d/o and included breakfast, lunch and 2 dinners + 2 boat dives for 5 days and UNLIMITED awesome shorediving. (Tons of drums, eels, crinoids, crabs, and lots of fish... PLUS batfish, squid, octopus, and things I still need to look up in the fish id books!

3. Money matters are easy, transport issues are easy, there are lots of waterfalls and tour options and the people are lovely.

4. The diving is UNSPOILED.... they sadly now that they have lionfish ...some of that will change. They are AGRESSIVELY working to eradicate them. However they will eventually have an impact... seeing this "Best Kept Secret" in the Caribbean SOONER vs later is probably wise!

5. They have sponges the size of HUMANS... with no diver kick marks or impact.... WOW!!! When can you say you've seen that before????

The ONLY other diving that compares to this is Indonesia/Philippines/Fiji diving.... but this is a fraction of the cost.

To quote the Dive Shop Manager.... "If it were easy to get here...it would look like the rest of the Caribbean!"

I'll have pricing for you all today. And another trip option as well. Explorer Ventures if offering $400 off Nov trips to Saba/St Kitts. So we have 2 choices for a quick trip for Nov including Thanksgiving. So let me know if you want Thanksgiving another part of Nov.

formerly...

#27 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

the flights from SJU to Dominica are at the lowest price for each weekend in November; I'm seeing that part of the trip costing $307; now, getting to SJU would be the more expensive part

do you know which week is the most likely one for a trip back to DOM? I may be interested!

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

Dates look to be Nov 16 to arrive the 17 Sat and then depart Sat Nov 24 and arrive home Sunday the 25th.

Thanksgiving is Nov 22nd this year.

We can do other dates but I'm getting a number of requests for Thanksgiving... is that what people want?

formerly...

#29 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Dates look to be Nov 16 to arrive the 17 Sat and then depart Sat Nov 24 and arrive home Sunday the 25th.

Thanksgiving is Nov 22nd this year.

We can do other dates but I'm getting a number of requests for Thanksgiving... is that what people want?

Thanksgiving could work

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hey Gang...if we pull the trigger on Thanksgiving here is what you are looking at:

Dates - Sat to Sat Nov 17-24 (you can do any days you like to make the airfare work and we'll work to get you d/o if you desire it)

Pricing: Basically you are looking at $250-$300 more for high season pricing. So the pkg we did over Memorial Day would be approx $1450 vs $1200 non-ocean view and the single non-ocean view would be approx $1813 vs $1563.

So let me know if you still would like to do this venue for the Thanksgiving timeframe. The pkg would include 2 dinners...one will be on the first date that everyone arrives (assuming all arrive within a few days of each other) and the 2nd will be on Turkey Day. It will include lunch vouchers like we did in May and Breakfast daily. The pkg has 2 boat dives and UNLIMITED UNLIMITED SHOREDIVING. Here are May's Details ...the trip will be exactly the same except it runs about $250-$300 more for High Season.

Let me know so I can pull the trigger on this...this week! :thankyou:

We need about 10 peeps to make this really fly...

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users