• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Happiness is....

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Happiness is......booking a cruise to Alaska for next year, with ALL my sisters and my best friend!! :wakawaka:

I have to admit, at first I didn't want to do it, cause it will cut into my dive time!! :tears:

But this will be a once in a lifetime trip with all my family!! :2cool:

I understand your pain. I am going to Grand Cayman, on an all expense paid trip, and NOT DIVING! But I get to take my Italian sister along, the one who washed my hair and cooked my meals when I could not, as my guest! And then 3 weeks after we get back, she will be moving to Brussels. So I wouldn't trade time on land with my non diving friend for anything. Now I just have to see if I can find my snorkel and remember how to use it.

Going some place known for diving would be even harder! You and Kamala are right though. It's the quality time and memories that make it well worth it!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#122 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Happiness is... being able to breathe!!

#123 Sharklover

Sharklover

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Happiness is......booking a cruise to Alaska for next year, with ALL my sisters and my best friend!! :wakawaka:

I have to admit, at first I didn't want to do it, cause it will cut into my dive time!! :tears:

But this will be a once in a lifetime trip with all my family!! :2cool:

I understand your pain. I am going to Grand Cayman, on an all expense paid trip, and NOT DIVING! But I get to take my Italian sister along, the one who washed my hair and cooked my meals when I could not, as my guest! And then 3 weeks after we get back, she will be moving to Brussels. So I wouldn't trade time on land with my non diving friend for anything. Now I just have to see if I can find my snorkel and remember how to use it.

Going some place known for diving would be even harder! You and Kamala are right though. It's the quality time and memories that make it well worth it!

I hear there is great diving in Alaska! http://www.divealaska.net/ :teeth:

Not hard at all to forgo the diving in Grand Cayman. This is a friend I have seen at least once a week for years. I will be lucky to see her once a year going forward. So we are going to have a ball topside while we are in GC at the Ritz! I hear they have cabana boys who will come by and spritz you with Evian. And we plan to get up close and personal with the critters, just not with tanks, so I'll get my fix that way.

Having once had serious trouble doing so, yes, it is something to be happy about. And to be able to breathe underwater....BLISS. :diver:
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#124 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Sharklover....I do have a cabana boy in Alaska trying to get me to dive it!! Ha!! I keep saying I'll pass!!

#125 Sharklover

Sharklover

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sharklover....I do have a cabana boy in Alaska trying to get me to dive it!! Ha!! I keep saying I'll pass!!

I highly recommend that you do NOT pass on the cabana boy in Alaska. Cabana boys are the BEST! Not that I would know. :blush2:
  • Mermaid Lady likes this
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#126 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I can't imagine diving in Alaska... I waded in that water when I was a kid, diving glacier water...no thanks! (even in a dry suit I'll pass)

#127 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

I can't imagine diving in Alaska... I waded in that water when I was a kid, diving glacier water...no thanks! (even in a dry suit I'll pass)

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Yes, my friend keeps telling me to get dry suit certified so I can say I dove in Alaska. He does it, but it's not my thing! I have the T-shirt anyway.....he gave me one!! :teeth:

#128 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've done a few dives up there, at Whittier in Jan/Feb and at Nome a few weeks later. My first dive was a night dive at Whittier, and I have never been so cold in my life. By comparison diving under 5ft of sea ice at Nome was positively balmy (that's baLmy, not baRmy).

#129 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Peter...... :respect: I think that about covers it! :2cool:

#130 Sharklover

Sharklover

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Finding out that my brother can only loan me one of his cars for me to drive to my cousin's wedding this weekend.
Sigh, going to have to suffer through driving the Porsche Cayman S it appears. :cheerleader:

Haven't driven a standard transmission in 20 years, but I learned to drive on one, and my first three cars were standard, so I should be fine. Warmed up by driving my friend's racing Mini last night. Just like riding a bike.

Then bro tells me that my first grade nephew has written about the person he most likes to play with for a school assignment and that I am her. :hugs:

#131 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

In a few days I'm headed to Florida with a friend and buddy to do some diving. We're doing our hypoxic mix checkout dives and exploring some CAVEZ. This makes me happy.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

#132 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yep... on all levels and under EVERY circumstance! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#133 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Happiness is getting to go diving tomorrow...

Yep... I still love my job! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#134 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

So I went out with a friend last night to listen to our favorite local Blues band - fantastic as always. The band know us and stopped by to say hi, so I guess we might qualify as groupies now. :) Never played that role before! Anyway, to make a long story even longer, the band weren't going to be playing until later in the evening, so we stopped at a local brewpub overlooking Raleigh to have a beer before heading to the club. We finsihed our beers at the wall overlooking the city as the sun was setting and then started to leave. There happened to be a family there with a little girl no more than 2 years old. My date said hello to the little girl, but the girl ignored her and waved at me instead :D I bent over and talked to her for awhile and then told her we have to go now. I waved bye to her and then she blew me a kiss. It made my day and caused much joy all around.

So today happiness is not only live music, beer, good company, but also little kids that know how to put a smile on the face of everyone around them.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

• Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

Seeing a black tip reef shark and then hand feeding bananas to several butterfly fish on a particularly good trip to Bunakan Island Indonesia. We will see what tomorrow holds.

I'm hoping for one word... Kraken!!!! That is about the only thing I haven't seen in hordes here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users