• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Please keep my mother and grandmother in your prayers as well....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

And finally...it is a time of need for many...and other than giving us pause to realize how lucky we are with what seems like such a huge challenge and yet pales in comparison to the death of a loved one or serious illness... I feel bad asking for your prayers and support but emotionally I am on empty.

Its been a difficult year on so many levels...my husband's mother was on her deathbed several times this year...yet miraculously still hangs in there thanks to your prayers and thoughts and positive energy. My aunt beat lung and brain cancer last year thanks to the power of prayers and karma and good thoughts all directed at her. She sadly could not beat the bone cancer but how many people beat one cancer let alone two? My mother and grandmother have not been the same since the death of their sister/daughter and serious illness's of her brother and another sister...time is precarious and ever so fleeting...

This week my grandmother fell and has hurt herself very seriously. Somewhere in the pain and the transfer to the hospital with unfamiliar surroundings she has had a full onset of dimentia. She is deteriorating very rapidly and because she is old and only on medicare they are pushing her out of the hospital despite not knowing what is fully wrong with her. Being in Texas my mother can do nothing so I am helping to make arrangements for her to get to her mother as soon as we can. I will then try to go and see her as well.

I am blessed that she has lived a beautiful but hard life...one she is proud of and I have learned a great deal from. I selfishly ask yet again for your support for my mother and grandmother... the power of this support has been demonstrated over and over again and I can not bear the burden by myself.

I have so many tasks at hand... posting the New Year's and Lembeh and Bonaire trips, working on a new website and booking system, assisting members in matters they have graciously waited for during recent travels, finding a new TC to replace our recent vacancy, and of course completing next year's travel plans not to mention worrying about filling the trips we do have open. Our resell business to inhouse members and other dive groups has expanded but my plans for bringing an inhouse agent onboard have been delayed and so the the list goes on....

So please keep my mother and grandmother in your prayers so that I can focus on the task at hand and work to better serve this community of amazing friends and divers. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

With you in spirit through your own difficult times, even as you reach out to help others. You are an amazing woman Kamala and we are all Blessed to call you friend.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 galngotham

galngotham

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Kamala,

Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Carol

#5 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Kamala,

Sending you & your family healing during your challenging times. You are in my thoughs. Peace.

Tim

#6 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

You've got my support.
Hang in there.
J

#7 shellig

shellig

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, Night Dive
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thinking of you and your family... and supporting you any way I can.

#8 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Kamala, sending thoughts and prayers in all the directions needed to assist. See you in a couple of weeks. Hugs untilt hen.

Kathy

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thank you all...we are managing thru this difficult time but it is not easy to see everyone you love declining.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

I have seen may Kamala bashing emails and facebook comments. They are very disrespectful and rude and not only at this particular time in someone's life, but any at any time to anyone. Most seem to be coming from those of you who may be unhappy with Kamala just trying to protect her turf. She has worked very hard to build this site for those of us who are single, love to travel and enjoy the benefits of the hard work she has done over the years, the friends we have made, the memories we have, and the good times we have shared. There seem to be some who , choose to go out on their own and try to emulate what she is doing. Good luck with that but you should not use the forum she has worked so hard to promote your agenda. If it were the other way around I am sure you would be more iincensed and less tolerant than she has been. So dig dow n real deep, take a good look at yourselves and and try to see it from her point fo view, then figure out who should be thanking her for all she has done instead of trying to see how much you can hurt her, when she is going through such a difficult time in her life.
You will forgive me if I have really pi#$ed you off, perhaps if you feel that way it is just guilt. But I feel pretty passionate about a friend who left her trip and saved my life, and I know in a similar situation, she would do the same for each of you. As you can see I feel pretty passionate about this,
Better quit now.
Thanks
Larry Townsend
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#11 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Oh, Kamala... my heart goes out to you.... please know that my thoughts and prayers are with your grandmother, you and all of your family. It is such a tough time that we all face sooner or later.... and it is never easy...
Long distance hugs coming your way,

Barb
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#12 WaterLou

WaterLou

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:Stopped diving for years, but approx. 10 last few yrs.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Kamala,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know we haven't known each other long but I know you are an amazing person!

Take care of yourself.

Edited by WaterLou, 16 September 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thank you all soooooooooooooo much! I can not express how grateful I am for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

And PLEASE continue to keep my grandmother in your thoughts and prayers... she is eating again and now knows two of my aunts. We pray she will still know my mother when she gets there and me when I get there after the CO Dive Show.

Hoping to have my head in the game tomorrow... :thankyou: for your continued prayers. kamala

formerly...

#14 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Thoughts and prayers here.

Rick

:usflag:

#15 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sending love :hugs: and :pray: your way!
:iluvu:
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users