• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Our Divers in Uniform!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 cjeepers2503

cjeepers2503

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:03 AM

:) Just wanted to say thanks to my brothers in arms who've taken over since I have left.I was in Afghanistan and Iraq and its great to see the appreciation being shown. BTW Hey Cpl Caudill Semper Fi

Lcpl Timothy Howell
3 rd Marine Expeditionary Brigade
MAG 29 HMH 464
Dec 14 98 - Dec 14 03

:) :2cool: :lmao:

#32 Bart_man

Bart_man

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:172

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:56 PM

Brian C. Palmer
former ET2(SS)----> Electronics Technician Second Class (Submarines)

ET2 --- Greeting shipmate I am CTR2 (SW) Weitzel

Bart or bartman to my friends and dive buddies.
I'm presently stationed aboard the aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy
And we returned in December from a 6 month cruise through the Med, Arabian Sea and Persian Gulf.
The dive certified crewmembers made as many trips as we could manage while we were over there.
The story behind the attached photo goes with my favorite dive - ever... Fujirah UAE (not sure about my spelling there). This dive had the most abundant underwater fauna of anything I have ever experienced including this monster whom I'm told is a "sponge' moray with a head that must have been 12-15 inches across... He greeted us at the bottom of an anchor line at about 75 feet, lording it over the wreck of a sunken crewboat called the Inchcape 1.

Attached Images

• sponge_moray.jpg

Edited by Bart_man, 22 June 2005 - 05:57 PM.

"The only true wisdom is realizing that you know nothing." - Socrates

#33 Mishelle

Mishelle

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:59 PM

:welcome: :hiya: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
God Bless our Troops!

I was never enlisted, but I was an Army Brat forever!

You all rock!
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:45 PM

:usflag: Just wanted to say thanks to my brothers in arms who've taken over since I have left.I was in Afghanistan and Iraq and its great to see the appreciation being shown. BTW Hey Cpl Caudill Semper Fi

Lcpl Timothy Howell
3 rd Marine Expeditionary Brigade
MAG 29 HMH 464
Dec 14 98 - Dec 14 03

:usflag: :D :)

Are you still active duty? If so your membership is on the house! Thanks for protecting our country...our way of life...and our freedoms! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

Hello All...

I'm in the Canadian Navy and have been for just over 3 years. Definitely not a long and colourful military career (yet) when compared to so many others who have posted here or in comparsion to many people I know.

Unlike most members of the Canadian Navy, I did not see duty in the Gulf of Oman or the Persian Gulf. But, I was in a Navy-wife at the time and have been through 2 deployments from the home front. Anyway.. I'm still Navy.. but no longer a Navy wife...

Diving Belle...
aka Jocelynn

Welcome Girl! And :usflag: for serving to protect freedoms for all men and women!

:usflag: :) :D :) :) :-D :-D :canada:

Please accept the upgrade to "Divers In Uniform" which is the same as our Premier Membership ranks! We've designated you as military so that our members will be reminded to thank you for your dedication and service! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 Diving Belle

Diving Belle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster (Wreck Penetration, Deep & Nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for the upgrade. Thanks also for the support and kind words you and your members give to the serving and retired members all the branches of the US military and also to serving/retired members from other countries. :diver:

#37 obakesan

obakesan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:NAUI Course Director, TDI Instructor - CCR Diver
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:29 PM

:taz: Greetings to all from Fort Bragg, NC! Just found this board (thanks scubaboard!) and it appears this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks much for the support as we really appreciate it. Though life is certainly hectic I'll be stopping by. I'm active army SOF.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
:birthday: :teeth:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." :bandit2:

#38 Mishelle

Mishelle

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

:taz: Greetings to all from Fort Bragg, NC! Just found this board (thanks scubaboard!) and it appears this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks much for the support as we really appreciate it. Though life is certainly hectic I'll be stopping by. I'm active army SOF.

:usf: :diver:

Welcome to the board! Glad you found us! Post a profile in our Intros forum!

Post an introduction here

:teeth: :birthday: :taz: :welcome: :welcome:
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#39 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:07 AM

The support you guys show for people in uniform is greatly appreciated! :D

I'm not active duty, but fly F-16's in the Air National Guard so thought I'd introduce myself to the rest of the warriors.

and some of my best diving I got to do in spots the Gov't sent me :welcome:
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#40 Olive Drab

Olive Drab

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Open Water
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:22 PM

Army here. Just got home to NY from Bragg. Riding out my leave right now. 1 tour in Iraq and now some free time to learn to dive.

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:50 AM

:cheerleader: Greetings to all from Fort Bragg, NC! Just found this board (thanks scubaboard!) and it appears this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks much for the support as we really appreciate it. Though life is certainly hectic I'll be stopping by. I'm active army SOF.

:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Welcome! :2cool: We'd love to upgrade you to 'premier member' status for free since you are active duty, but I notice your profile did not register your gender nor your age range properly. Please fix it or email me with the information at kamala@singledivers.com and I'll be happy to fix it for you!

Also we ask that you post a picture of yourself as your avatar and profile picture unless you are desire to be a charter member or above whereby they can choose another style of avatar. One of our mods will send you more information via the email you have on file and can help you if you have any more questions.

Or you may view our community's guidelines and rules by clicking here!

p.s. I'd love to get ALL the divers at Ft Bragg on our board! Can you help spread the word? Actually I'd love to get EVERY DIVER IN THE MILITARY from all the allied bases/posts in the world on our board!!! :-D -ww

formerly...

#42 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

Welcome to all the military members! As someone who grew up in the military, who worked for the military as a civilian, whose father served in the military for 28 years, whose brother serves in the military, whose cousin is currently in the Marines in Iraq, who has many friends in Iraq and Afghanistan, and whose uncle and Godfather worked and- unfortunately- died in the World Trade Center (he had also served in the military), thank you for your service to our country.
:welcome:
I was just back up at the World Trade Center family viewing area last weekend, and I will return this 9/11 as I have vowed to do every year. Thank you again for your selfless and courageous service to our country, and I look forward to diving with you!

#43 okmister1

okmister1

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Board Status:Deployed with the Guard
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

I learned to dive while I was deployed to Egypt in 2003 with the Sinai peacekeeping mission. And you thought they just had stacked rocks. Sharm El Sheik has some great dive locations. And until recently no one was blowing things up over there.
Mike

"Good luck Mr. Gorsky." - Neil Armstrong (so what if it's an urban myth.)
My Webpage

Myspace profile

#44 obakesan

obakesan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:NAUI Course Director, TDI Instructor - CCR Diver
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the support! I've updated my profile information per the rules (should have read them before hand!) and I will definately spread the word. We have a small SOF diving group at Bragg and only a couple of single divers but I imagine that is simply due to a lack of organization and the high op tempo. I'll also post a greeting/intro and would also say stop on by NC for some of the best wreck diving in the country! :birthday:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." :bandit2:

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

Thanks for the support! I've updated my profile information per the rules (should have read them before hand!) and I will definately spread the word. We have a small SOF diving group at Bragg and only a couple of single divers but I imagine that is simply due to a lack of organization and the high op tempo. I'll also post a greeting/intro and would also say stop on by NC for some of the best wreck diving in the country! :cool2:

Well you are upgraded! Thank you again! And we'd love to have you join us diving...especially in NC!!! Can you join us Sept 30 & Oct 1-2??? We wil be in MoreHead City diving NC's finest!!!

We'd be more than happy to help arrange some special diving classes for anyone who wanted to learn diving at Bragg! Just let me know and I'll get it arranged! As for other SF divers there...check out Brad aka BradfordNC...pm me and I'll get you better contact info. He is across the pond right now but is a great resource to hook up with! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users