• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Our Divers in Uniform!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#106 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Wow! All I can say is Thank you all for your service to our country!!!
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#107 Armymedic

Armymedic

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Search and Recovery, Rescue, and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:153

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Thank you Joe, that means a lot. Definately hope to be on a trip soon.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Welcome! And a sincere thank you for your service, both in the army and as a volunteer firefighter.

Maybe I'll see you on a dive trip someday!

-Joe

#108 Armymedic

Armymedic

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hey Scar, thank you for your service. Sounds like you earned that TDY to the Keys. Have a good trip. Let me know if you make it to the Pensacola area, I really want to go dive the Oriskany air craft carrier.

Scott
aka "Gunny"

Intro

My Name is Shaun, callsign: Scar. I am in the Air Force and I have been diving since getting hooked in lakes in OK and KS back in '92.

My military experience is F-4G Wild Weasels in DESERT STORM, F-15Es Op NORTHERN WATCH, TACP (Tactical Air Control Party-commonly called Forward Air Controllers) 2 tours to OIF and 1 to OEF.
Thanks to Kamala for setting up the Divers in Uniform.

I am currently TDY to Key West (till Mar 2012) and would love to meet up with anyone wanting to dive the Keys.

Scar

#109 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

Welcome ArmyMedic...you've found a great new place to call your diving home! And you'll find we :wub: our military sans the politics. So jump in and splash around...the water is full of active duty and retired military divers...all of whom have done their share to do the ultimate job of keeping our country free.

And the rest of the water is full of civilians like myself who are proud and thankful for the job you've all done! :respect:

In fact... Scar and I are even working on a few very cool projects coming to a diving board soon! So stay tuned for more details and be careful...I may just 'recruit' ya to help! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#110 Sharklover

Sharklover

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Welcome and thank you for your service Armymedic, Scuba Scar, and all of the other service members on the board. :respect:

And Happy Valentine's Day

There are tons of military divers here in NC, I have a number of buddies from LeJeune, Cherry Point, and Fort Bragg, Hope to see you diving offshore NC someday soon. We have sharks!
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#111 ScubaScar

ScubaScar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Welcome and thank you for your service Armymedic, Scuba Scar, and all of the other service members on the board. :respect:

There are tons of military divers here in NC, I have a number of buddies from LeJeune, Cherry Point, and Fort Bragg, Hope to see you diving offshore NC someday soon. We have sharks!

love sharks!!!
  • Sharklover likes this

#112 Sharklover

Sharklover

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

love sharks!!!

Don't you? Such regal animals. See my post under best dive ever. USS Proteus. I did it out of Morehead (easier from Hatteras). It was a rough ride. We dropped and the sandies were everwhere, up, down, sideways, as if in formation. We were limited in counting more due to visibility being 40 feet or so. We descended right into them. Guess that's why I don't jump up and down to do fed dives elsewhere!
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#113 ScubaScar

ScubaScar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Gunny,
That is definetly on my list of must do's. I will let you know WHEN (not if) I make it to Pensacola to dive the O.

Thanks for your service too. Watch out for Kamala...she has a way of enlisting you to work before you know what happened.

Hey Scar, thank you for your service. Sounds like you earned that TDY to the Keys. Have a good trip. Let me know if you make it to the Pensacola area, I really want to go dive the Oriskany air craft carrier.

Scott
aka "Gunny"

Intro

My Name is Shaun, callsign: Scar. I am in the Air Force and I have been diving since getting hooked in lakes in OK and KS back in '92.

My military experience is F-4G Wild Weasels in DESERT STORM, F-15Es Op NORTHERN WATCH, TACP (Tactical Air Control Party-commonly called Forward Air Controllers) 2 tours to OIF and 1 to OEF.

I am currently TDY to Key West (till Mar 2012) and would love to meet up with anyone wanting to dive the Keys.

Scar

#114 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

SHARKS & WRECKS!!!

Morehead is one of my all time favorite places to dive...we actually started out as RedWetandBlue Diving with Morehead City as our flagship destination.

If you all want to dive it join us next year in summer 2013...it will be on calendar for sure!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#115 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

First off maybe we should consider planning a trip to the big O... gotta see how deep she is these days and who is running charters there.

As for *enlisting*... I'm just a patriotic American with a vision and a cause... why would anyone NOT want to be recruited for that??? :teeth:

Gunny,
That is definetly on my list of must do's. I will let you know WHEN (not if) I make it to Pensacola to dive the O.

Thanks for your service too. Watch out for Kamala...she has a way of enlisting you to work before you know what happened.

Scott
aka "Gunny"

Intro

Scar

formerly...

#116 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

The last I heard the flight deck had settled to 140 but the tower is still at recreational depths. I will be diving her in the next few months so I will report back firsthand information afterward.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

#117 Armymedic

Armymedic

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Thank you for the welcome message. I'm in Fort Gordon in Augusta Georgia, not to far from North Carolina. As always, never enough time to go do everything you want to!

Gunny

#118 Armymedic

Armymedic

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Definately let me know when you go, I'll glady share the cost of the boat. I know Scar is wanting to go too, but don't know when he finishes his TDY in the Keys. I heard the same that the flight deck in down to 140 now and she is listing a little bit now.

The last I heard the flight deck had settled to 140 but the tower is still at recreational depths. I will be diving her in the next few months so I will report back firsthand information afterward.

#119 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: Thanks to all of our service members for their service. Just had 6 of my co-workers redeployed across the pond. Praying for everyones for safe return. Hope to you on a dive trip soon.

#120 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Don't have dates for the big O yet but I will be diving in Key Largo June 30-July 3. Not sure what my buddy has in mind- will probably be a mix of adv recreational and light technical dives depending on the day.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users