• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Our Divers in Uniform!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#76 Olive Drab

Olive Drab

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Open Water
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hello everyone,

I am new to SD but not new to the dive world. I have been a United States Army Special Forces Diver since late 2001. I have been in the recreational diving community since 2005. I have been stationed all over the world since I graduated the Q course. I have al ittle over 200 loged military dives and 75 recreationl dives. My miitary dive profile looks a little like this:
2001 Nov, Re-Breather Cert
2001 Dec, Hard hat cert
2002 Feb, Explosive Ordance Disposal cert
2002 Mar, Route Recon cert
2003 April, Engineering Cert
2003 April 21 until Oct 2003, Deployed in suppourt of Operation Enduring Freedom
2004 January 03 Unitl July 2004, Deployed in suppourt of Operation Iraqi Freedom
2004 Aug 03, U.S. Army Combat Diver Assisstant Instructor cert
2005 Mar 13 until Sept 2005, Deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (KNB)
2006 April 21, United States Army Combat Diver Instructor for Explosive Ordance Disposal
2006 April 22 until 2008 January 15, Ft. Brag, NC Special Operatioons Warfare Training Center
2008 April 02 Until 2009 ?? ??, Deployed in suppourt of Operation Iraqi Freedom (current assignment)

As you can see I have been very busy in my military career. I want to say thank you to all the people that are back in the states that suppourt the troops while they are awy from home and in harms way. I also want to say hello to all of my brothers and sisters in arms weather there in harms way or not, I know that it takes all of us to complete a task.

uhhhhhhhh. Are you sure??

Edited by Olive Drab, 15 November 2008 - 01:49 AM.

#77 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hello,
I'm currently serving in Afghanistan. I'm an 11B (infantry). Been in for 8 years now. Been around. Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan. Stationed in Ft. Stewart, and Ft. Campbell. Nice to see some other military divers on here. Best of luck to all those serving and who have served. Be sure to let me know if anyone near campbell wants to do some diving this spring when I get back stateside!
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#78 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

Hi All:

I have 28 years total; 4 AD and 24 Reserves, activated twice for "Persian excursions” and countless TDY's and deployments. I am currently at Pope AFB NC.

I have been diving mostly with the crew at Olympus dive center in Morehead City, NC since I got here. they are absolutely a top notch operation

to all the deployed members: stay safe and see you all soon

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#79 Scuba_Tater

Scuba_Tater

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

Hey yall just thought i would stop by and introduce myself. names tater yea yea trust me i have heard what ever comment your about to make. started diveing a couple months ago with my buddy butters you may know him better as beach junkie. he told me i should join up as soon as we got back from fl when i got my cert. we have been in the same unit for like four yeas now been to iraq and afgan together. so yea you want to know somethin hit me up.

later

#80 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Welcome Tater!!! I love the name. :lmao: I don't care what anyone says!! I'm glad you joined in. Congrats on your Cert!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#81 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

Tater,
Welcome to SingleDivers and welcome back from Afghanistan.
Tony

#82 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

Hey yall just thought i would stop by and introduce myself. names tater yea yea trust me i have heard what ever comment your about to make. started diveing a couple months ago with my buddy butters you may know him better as beach junkie. he told me i should join up as soon as we got back from fl when i got my cert. we have been in the same unit for like four yeas now been to iraq and afgan together. so yea you want to know somethin hit me up.

later

Great name and its great to have you hang out with us! Congrats on getting certified and joining the ranks of underwater lovers! Are you still active duty? If so pls register for our Divers in Uniform membership level by going to MY CONTROLS then clicking on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options and then choosing Divers in Uniform. Also send an email from your military account to accounting@singledivers.com to verify your active status and we'll get you set up. :lmao:

And thank you for your service to our country! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#83 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Welcome Tater!! Any friend of Sam's is a friend of mine! Thank you for your service.

Is Sam draggin' you along on the Bonaire trip?? You've probably been quarry diving with him, so you're in for a real treat once you discover warm, crystal clear water and lots of pretty little fishes! Congratulations on your certification, and welcome to the underwater world! May it become a lifetime passion for you, as it is for most of us.

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#84 Scuba_Tater

Scuba_Tater

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Welcome Tater!! Any friend of Sam's is a friend of mine! Thank you for your service.

Is Sam draggin' you along on the Bonaire trip?? You've probably been quarry diving with him, so you're in for a real treat once you discover warm, crystal clear water and lots of pretty little fishes! Congratulations on your certification, and welcome to the underwater world! May it become a lifetime passion for you, as it is for most of us.

no i wont be able to go down to bonaire with him i would love to just cant swing it right now

#85 skdiver

skdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW in the process of rescue
  • Logged Dives:42

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

Well my name is kevin and i am in the Canadian forces. I have jsut completed a tour to afghanistan and am now back home. I am in the Royal Canadian Artillery. Been in the forces since i have been 18 and enjoying most of the experiances. Ill post pictures when i get home off my work computer.
Live in regina saskatchewan
dive all around the world
Canadian forces

#86 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

Well my name is kevin and i am in the Canadian forces. I have jsut completed a tour to afghanistan and am now back home. I am in the Royal Canadian Artillery. Been in the forces since i have been 18 and enjoying most of the experiances. Ill post pictures when i get home off my work computer.

Kevin,

Welcome to SingleDivers. I worked around some of the Canadians in RC South and have a great appreciation for all of you.

Tony

#87 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Welcome to SingleDivers, Kevin!! Thank you for your service.

I'm lookin' forward to diving with you at some point on an SD trip. Stick around, and join in the conversations! Check out the trips we've got coming up, and dive right in!

:thankyou: :thankyou: :cool1: :2cool: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver:

Victoria

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#88 skdiver

skdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW in the process of rescue
  • Logged Dives:42

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

Oh how i remember some parts of RC south. some good and some very bad.

This is me with The bomb dog.

Attached Thumbnails

• n515343733_679927_6854.jpg

Live in regina saskatchewan
dive all around the world
Canadian forces

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:25 AM

AWESOME! And great to have you! While not our ONLY Canadian Armed Forces member...you are one of the ones that have registered as a Diver In Uniform!

Welcome and thank you as well for your service! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#90 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:53 AM

Welcome home. RC South. Kandahar, well KAF, is pretty sweet. I think the entire Helman province should just be nuked though. Hope to meet up with you on a trip sometime.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)