• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-02: Feb 9-16, 2014 Truk Lagoon...Redeux!

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#256 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Half way there. It was a long day, but I am settled in at the Best Western. Everything went smoothly. As Mike was asking about the hotel transfer, here goes.........soon after getting off the plane, I boarded a shuttle bus to baggage claim. I asked at the info desk about the shuttle, and was given the courtesy phone number to BW. They asked which baggage claim I was at, and told me where to go for my pick up. A few minutes later, I was on the bus. I hope everyone has smooth traveling, and I will see you all in a few days. Ed

#257 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Half way there. It was a long day, but I am settled in at the Best Western. Everything went smoothly. As Mike was asking about the hotel transfer, here goes.........soon after getting off the plane, I boarded a shuttle bus to baggage claim. I asked at the info desk about the shuttle, and was given the courtesy phone number to BW. They asked which baggage claim I was at, and told me where to go for my pick up. A few minutes later, I was on the bus. I hope everyone has smooth traveling, and I will see you all in a few days. Ed

Thanks for the update Ed! It's good to hear it wasn't hard to get the shuttle. I hope your enjoying the weather! Chicago just got at least 4-6 more inches of snow last night and this morning. As long as it doesn't do this Friday morning (which so far the forecast is looking good for no snow) I should be on my way soon. Posted Image

#258 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Just so you'll feel better..its been a bit rainy in paradise (fine with me since I've been working) but not so much for Bill. However the weather is looking GREAT for our tour days in NHL and departure on Sat so we should be good to go! :wakawaka:

p.s. Glad everything went well Ed. See you soon!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#259 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

In the last couple days my flight to Honolulu has been changed I now leave at 0930 and arrive at 1530. The sooner the better!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#260 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

My flights have been moved up, as well.

#261 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

All checked in and sitting at the gate. My flight arrives at 1540. See you all soon!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#262 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

Almost time to board.

#263 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Have a good flight everyone! I'll see you in another day! Can't wait. Posted Image

#264 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

LAX.

#265 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Bill and I are in Maui and will be flying later today as well. We'll see you at the hotel if all goes well and at the airort if not! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#266 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Bill and I are in Maui and will be flying later today as well. We'll see you at the hotel if all goes well and at the airport if not! ;)

He had some amazing encounters with humpback whales... I think we have a new dive destination! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#267 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Snow in Dallas has delayed/changed my fight. Will hopefully arrive in HNL by 5:45pm. Fingers crossed.....

#268 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

After a several hour delay in Hawaii, I was picked up at the airport yesterday and made my way to the hotel. A good night of sleep had me waking up to the sunrise, and thinking about trying to get a couple of dives in today. For Mike, there was a little color in the sky, and it would have made a very pretty sunrise if it developed. A tripod and graduated density filter would have been needed. Color was bland, but the setting was pretty. I hope everyone has a smooth transit. Ed

#269 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

After a several hour delay in Hawaii, I was picked up at the airport yesterday and made my way to the hotel. A good night of sleep had me waking up to the sunrise, and thinking about trying to get a couple of dives in today. For Mike, there was a little color in the sky, and it would have made a very pretty sunrise if it developed. A tripod and graduated density filter would have been needed. Color was bland, but the setting was pretty. I hope everyone has a smooth transit. Ed

Thanks for the update Ed. I'm hoping to bring the tripod with me come hell or highwater. I figure it's probably worth it if can get even 2-3 really fantastic shots. After traveling this far I would hate to not be able to take the shot that I want. I just purchased a ND 3.0 so it's on the darker side and I don't have a graduated filter but I think I can get by if needed. I have a circular polarizer. Hopefully Saturday morning or even Friday evening will bring some great scenes.

#270 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

1391720498[/url]' post='316086']

1391718981[/url]' post='316083']

Thanks for the update Ed. I'm hoping to bring the tripod with me come hell or highwater. I figure it's probably worth it if can get even 2-3 really fantastic shots. After traveling this far I would hate to not be able to take the shot that I want. I just purchased a ND 3.0 so it's on the darker side and I don't have a graduated filter but I think I can get by if needed. I have a circular polarizer. Hopefully Saturday morning or even Friday evening will bring some great scenes.

I always travel with a few graduated filters, so I can probably help you out there. Heading out for a morning dive, and hoping to do shark island this afternoon to see the shark cleaning station. I was first to the boat today, and put in my request, so hopefully it happens. One other diver on the boat this morning, and another joining us this afternoon. Have to request Nitrox in advance, so it is air for the first dive. Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users