• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sola Lights...GROUP BUY for SD.com Members

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hey gang...we are going to post pics of the full product line and educate you on the cool in's and out's of these light AND we are going to do a group buy for SD.com!

So stay tuned and please let us know if you are in the market. We can get a group discount as well! ;)/>/>/>/>/>/>

RETAIL PRICING:

VIDEO:
4000 $1599
2000 SF (spot & flood) $899
2000 F (flood only) $799
1200 SF $699
Mounting Hardware Kit (includes dring + locline mount) $35
Conversion kit to photo light $20
Conversion kit to dive light $30

PHOTO:
1200 (with red) $699
800 (with red) $499
500 (with red) $279
Mounting Hardware Kit (includes dring + photo mount) $35
Conversion kit to video light $20
Conversion kit to dive light $30

DIVE:
1200 $699
800 $499
500 $279
Mounting Hardware Kit (includes handmount)
Conversion kit to video light $35
Conversion kit to photo light $35

NIGHTSEA:
Nightsea SF $749
+ Filter to make the light a regular light $99
+ Camera Filter $69
+ GoPro Flip Filter $99
+ Filter for Mask $59

#1. Sola Photo 1200 and lower models (can be used for photo and video...photo version has red light whereas video version does not). Note the photo models allow you to change from white to red. The video/dive model will allow you to change from flood to spot which is useful if using as a dive light.

Posted Image
Sola 1200
with Red LED Function so you don't scare the critters away!

Run Times in Mins.
white/red
High- 70 / 120
Med- 140 / 240
Low- 280 / 480

THOSE WANTING TO BE PART OF GROUP BUY #1: (Pls list model and qty)

1. Tim aka Buzo Guero - Model: 800 Dive Qty: (1) - CONFIRMED & PAID & SHIPPED
2. Bill aka ScubaTex - Model: 800 Dive Qty:(1) - CONFIRMED & PAID & SHIPPED
3. Mike aka SeaDog12 - Model: 1200 SF (1) with VIDEO mount - CONFIRMED & PAID & SHIPPED
4. Jose aka JesterDiver - Model: Video (grey) 1200SF (1) plus VIDEO KIT $35 + Dive mounting kit $30 - CONFIRMED & PAID & SHIPPED
5. Shelli aka ShelliG - Model: Dive 1200 (blue) (1) + VIDEO KIT $35 + dual armed tray for gopro OR camera. - CONFIRMED &

THOSE WANTING TO BE PART OF GROUP BUY #2: (Pls list model and qty)

1. Fred aka ev780 - 1200 Video (grey) + VIDEO mounting kit $35

Edited by WreckWench, 11 September 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

I've been kicking around the idea. I may be interested

I fell in love with the pair you had in Truk and Palau the last time

Edited by Jerrymxz, 28 May 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Thanks Jerry. Jose aka JesterDiver has graciously offered to help get pics and info about the lights posted so people can learn more about them and we can get an order together!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm in.

#5 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm in for the group buy Kamala but before finalizing I'm debating exactly what to purchase. Per the post that Barilhu made here noting that maybe two lower intensity lights would be better than one I might change my mind to purchase two 800s instead of one 1200 but either way I'll be in for the group buy. I know Barlihu mentions three lights but I'll have to compromise somewhere. ;-)

These lights are pretty amazing. The photo lights are great. With the versions they have now for night diving you can turn on a red light and not scare the wild life. The idea is that they can't see the red lights so then you can approach them, line up your photo shot and then light up the scene with your strobes to get perfect picture alignment without disturbing the wildlife before your flash even goes off. Although the flash is certainly bright it's probably not as bad as a super bright flashlight sitting still in their eyes. For me this is a killer feature for night dives.

#6 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Great observation Mike. I got to demo some of these lights at Dutch Springs a couple of weeks ago. They are super bright and the best part about them, unlike most other lights the are externally rechargeable. In other words you don't have to open them up and deal with opening and closing seals that inevitably leads to leaks or failures.

I'm especially interested in the Tech Light! Hint Hint Kamala! Posted Image/>I'm going to start my tech training sooner or later, and a good primary light is a must! Not the pistol grip stuff, their tech lights stays strapped to your hand while still giving you use of the hand. And NO long cable going back to a canister battery like most all other tech lights. Now just to get DIR guys to accept the new convention of rechargeable lights without long cables! The models are simplicity itself, pick the lumens you need for your usage and go with it.

They also pull double duty being able to do more than just photos or videos. I'm not an experienced photographer, but based on what I've seen, I agree that two lights less intense is better than one more intense light as at the very least you expand your coverage area while minimizing hot spots. That being said having a 1200 that you can use on lower settings to get the long burn time and then having the flexibility to ramp them up to high and really illuminate a large chunk of reef is great. This may be a time that bigger is better since you can just scale back the intensity and get the benefit of longer life.

I'm in for the group buy Kamala but before finalizing I'm debating exactly what to purchase. Per the post that Barilhu made here noting that maybe two lower intensity lights would be better than one I might change my mind to purchase two 800s instead of one 1200 but either way I'll be in for the group buy. I know Barlihu mentions three lights but I'll have to compromise somewhere. ;-)

These lights are pretty amazing. The photo lights are great. With the versions they have now for night diving you can turn on a red light and not scare the wild life. The idea is that they can't see the red lights so then you can approach them, line up your photo shot and then light up the scene with your strobes to get perfect picture alignment without disturbing the wildlife before your flash even goes off. Although the flash is certainly bright it's probably not as bad as a super bright flashlight sitting still in their eyes. For me this is a killer feature for night dives.

Edited by jesterdiver, 29 May 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#7 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Jose. You mention some interesting ideas. I'm glad you were able to try them out. I was able to briefly try out one of Kamala's 1200s in Bonaire but it was at the end of a charge cycle so wasn't able to get a full idea of just how well it would work but even with it dying, I was impressed with it's performance as the battery was dying. It still had great power even at the end of the charge cycle and I loved the LEDs on it that indicated the charge left on the battery.

I do like the idea of maybe having the larger light but using at a lower setting. Seems like the 1200 might actually have a little better spread of options for lighting levels with the 1200 having settings of 1200,600,300 vs. the Sola 800 having a 800,400,200. Not sure that there would really be that much difference (overall) in those settings.

The run time is the same for low, med, high settings on each light respectively but using the 1200 sola at (Med)600 setting would get a longer run time than the 800 sola at (High)800. That is a potential advantage.

Great observation Mike. I got to demo some of these lights at Dutch Springs a couple of weeks ago. They are super bright and the best part about them, unlike most other lights the are externally rechargeable. In other words you don't have to open them up and deal with opening and closing seals that inevitably leads to leaks or failures.

I'm especially interested in the Tech Light! Hint Hint Kamala! Posted Image/>I'm going to start my tech training sooner or later, and a good primary light is a must! Not the pistol grip stuff, their tech lights stays strapped to your hand while still giving you use of the hand. And NO long cable going back to a canister battery like most all other tech lights. Now just to get DIR guys to accept the new convention of rechargeable lights without long cables! The models are simplicity itself, pick the lumens you need for your usage and go with it.

They also pull double duty being able to do more than just photos or videos. I'm not an experienced photographer, but based on what I've seen, I agree that two lights less intense is better than one more intense light as at the very least you expand your coverage area while minimizing hot spots. That being said having a 1200 that you can use on lower settings to get the long burn time and then having the flexibility to ramp them up to high and really illuminate a large chunk of reef is great. This may be a time that bigger is better since you can just scale back the intensity and get the benefit of longer life.

#8 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

K,You know I'm interested.Just some decisions to make.I did some other hunting and the sales person at Sola said,I should get another base from Sealife to go onto my DC1200.Then all I need is the Mount and arm lock adaptor...
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hey gang...I WILL post some more in this thread based upon my experiences but being on a trip is not conducive. Keep the great dialog going and hopefully we'll get some pics posted of the different products along with some write ups. :thankyou:

formerly...

#10 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

I might be interested....

#11 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

:wavey:/> Great to hear Rosa, the more that get into this group buy the better it will be for everybody I'm sure. I'm doing some research on the different lights the next couple of days. Anything in particular you're looking for out of a light that I can keep an eye out for in my readings? And that goes for anyone interested in these lights, if there are any particular questions anyone has feel free to let me know and I'll try to research the specific answer for you.

I might be interested....

#12 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Depending on the deal I may be interested also.

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

FYI...they are not cheap BUT they keep going and going and going! They also serve as your video, camera, and dive lights. Not bad all things considered!

formerly...

#14 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Looks like the fish are starting to bite??Posted Image K, Do you have a target date for a Group buy in mind ? Are you thinking DEMA?Is that Nov?

FYI...they are not cheap BUT they keep going and going and going! They also serve as your video, camera, and dive lights. Not bad all things considered!

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

I think I'd like to pull this together earlier if we can. We may be able to do 2 group buys...one for summer and one for fall. We'll see how it goes!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users