• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Age Differences

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#391 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

:thankyou: I can't wait! :fish2:

#392 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:34 PM

I was the only one in my class last night to progress onto the next level of swimming lessons, so OW certification is just around the corner!  :thankyou:

Keep hangin' in there... you'll be blowin' bubbles like a "reg'lar" diver "a'fore" you know it! You too, B-amasita!

:fish2:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#393 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:36 PM

I was the only one in my class last night to progress onto the next level of swimming lessons, so OW certification is just around the corner!  :thankyou:

Keep hangin' in there... you'll be blowin' bubbles like a "reg'lar" diver "a'fore" you know it! You too, B-amasita!

:fish2:

Thx, ITB!

Your support, as well as everyone else who has been so kind as to extend it, is most appreciated!

:dance:

#394 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

I was the only one in my class last night to progress onto the next level of swimming lessons, so OW certification is just around the corner!  :taz:

:banghead:

Thanks, ITB! Looking forward to more underwater adventures! :)

#395 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

To Annasea and Bahamasita:

Since you both are working on your OW Cert-Kudos!!!!

If I were to offer you a recommendation for your Check out dives: Key Largo!!!

From my overview of recent trips. many dives can be done in 25-35 feet of water, minimal current, and enough marine life to wet your whistle!!

Whereever you go for that first official dive, relax and have fun. Let us know when you are newly certified and will hoist a drink in your honor!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck and Best regards on your pending completion!

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#396 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

Ran across a quote for you wanta be newbies (I'm a little hard on you guys I know--sorry about that---it's me--but that's how I am.), but just for you here it is. I think everybody just needs to get off their a***** and DIVE.

"I will spare you a gushy description of the dive itself, except to say that when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent. "
-Dave Barry

Look forward to seeing you guys inside the tent!!!!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#397 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

To Annasea and Bahamasita:

Since you both are working on your OW Cert-Kudos!!!!

From my overview of recent trips. many dives can be done in 25-35 feet of water, minimal current, and enough marine life to wet your whistle!!

Whereever you go for that first official dive, relax and have fun. Let us know when you are newly certified and will hoist a drink in your honor!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck and Best regards on your pending completion!

DBD

DBD, :taz: for the encouragement and the Key Largo suggestion!

Unfortunately, I'm not as far along as CJ (Bahamasita), but I hope to catch up soon, very soon! :banghead: (The waters turn *cold* in Vancouver after September.)

#398 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

"I will spare you a gushy description of the dive itself, except to say that when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent. "
-Dave Barry

Very kewl! :taz: And so true!!!!!
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#399 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, DBD! That's exactly where I'm going! :taz:

#400 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

It is a very good choice. Shallow dives, usually not much current and good marine life.

Good luck, Bahamasita and GodSpeed!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#401 Sailarrgh

Sailarrgh

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. 1986 in Thunder Bay, ON. Some diving there & near Victoria, BC. Some snorkelling in Hawaii.
  • Logged Dives:Half dozen. Getting active again.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

Fellas -- we like MEN...!  :diver:

Indeed!

Walter, are you there? :2cool:

But since you're too far away, know anyone just like you in Vancouver? :D

Well, I'm not just like Walter, since I'm still doing more sailing than diving. :twist: It won't "catch up" since I'm doing quite a bit of the former ('job', adventure and fun). I _do_ plan on some trip this fall where it's warmer.

Located in Vic vice Van, however will be briefly in Vancouver for the Sea Vancouver Festival next week (6-10 July 05). My vessel will be at the Maritime Museum after the parade of sail on the 7th until sometime on the 9th (mebbe very early 10th).

PMable very soon I hope. :2cool:

Happy Canada and Independence Days - a-propos
:2cool: :2cool:
From an Island in the Pacific

#402 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:33 AM

It is a very good choice. Shallow dives, usually not much current and good marine life.

Good luck, Bahamasita and GodSpeed!!!

Thanks, DrDiver! :2cool:

#403 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:41 AM

Unfortunately, I'm not as far along as CJ (Bahamasita), but I hope to catch up soon, very soon! :2cool: (The waters turn *cold* in Vancouver after September.)

Caetllonn,

I hate to break this to you but the waters here are ALWAYS cold!! Year round there is very little temperature fluctuation here once you drop below the thermocline... :2cool:

#404 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:48 AM

(The waters turn *cold* in Vancouver after September.)

Caetllonn,

I hate to break this to you but the waters here are ALWAYS cold!! Year round there is very little temperature fluctuation here once you drop below the thermocline... :blink:

Michelle! First you tell me to get rid of my Mac and now this??? :)

This isn't what the dive instructor at Great Pacific Diving told me! :( He assured me it wouldn't be too bad, in a drysuit of course, until October or so. (I was hoping to complete my certification by then anyway.) Yikes!!!

Thanks for the forewarning though. :)

#405 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:01 AM

I always feel that learning to dive in cold water is better than in warm water. You get a better appreciation of learning and mastering your skills with the added stress of the cold water. Even diving dry, your body will be warm, but you will still be experiencing some cold water shocks, e.g. doing skills like mask removal and clearing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users