• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What is everyone doing for Turkey Day?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 RICHinNC

RICHinNC

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:34 PM

If all goes well....I will be back from AZ late Wed night.....so I will sleep in a little....then unpack.....and go take my car off its jack stands and see if I can start it. My dad and his wife are having their dinner on Friday so I will be joining them then. Just hoping there are not any airlines delays in getting back home....havent been back in almost 6 months now.
rich
The great thing about excruciating pain is....at least you know you are alive.

#17 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:37 PM

My family will be getting together at my sister's home in Dallas and I will be going there. Three of my five siblings live in the Dallas area so it is always held there each year at one of their homes. Just my immediate family alone (mom, brothers, sister, spouses, and kids) numbers about 25 so you can there is a lot of people there. Also (for those of you who have met me and/or know me), I am the quiet one of the family. It is hard to get in word edge-wise. ;)
-Mitch-

#18 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:48 PM

I'll be in Dallas as well, at my brother's house in Plano; both my brother's, my sister-in-law, and my Dad will be there as well as people we know who don't have family in the area. The guys will watch the Cowboys struggle, my sister in law and I will go to Garden Ridge, and all will be grand.

I hope everyone will have a safe and happy Thanksgiving

Kim

#19 Terri

Terri

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:09 PM

my sister in law and I will go to Garden Ridge, and all will be grand.

Kim

Hey Kim -

My mom and I will see you there...Garden Ridge on Thanksgiving night is a tradition for us! ;)

Which one do you go to? I know there's one in Lewisville (that we usually go to), but there's one near my house here in Richardson as well.

Edited by ioconsult, 23 November 2004 - 07:09 PM.

'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#20 markglist

markglist

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:master scuba diver
  • Logged Dives:thousands

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:20 PM

i am gonna be spending thanksgiving at one of my brothers house, i get to bring the cheesecake , hopefully going divng saturday at a local dive quarry that is closing for the season after this weekend, and watch , my new DIVE RITE harness will come in monday (ugh), all dressed up and nowhere to dive lol. ill have to do some searches for something maybe up in wisconsin or michigan.

mark

#21 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:22 PM

there's still a quarry open here????

which one???

you DO know it's supposed to snow this weekend, right, mark???

;)

#22 markglist

markglist

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:master scuba diver
  • Logged Dives:thousands

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:25 PM

haigh is still open this weekend, after sunday she will close it down till ice diving in febuary for a few weekends. lol and yes , i do know it may snow lol

#23 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:36 PM

my sister in law and I will go to Garden Ridge, and all will be grand.

Kim

Hey Kim -

My mom and I will see you there...Garden Ridge on Thanksgiving night is a tradition for us! ;)

Which one do you go to? I know there's one in Lewisville (that we usually go to), but there's one near my house here in Richardson as well.

We go to the one in Plano...its somewhere north of Parker, I think; the last time we went was to make 2 wreaths for my house...I have one with an Xmas theme and one with a Texas, red, white and blue theme. My house has a vaulted ceiling so they look great up on the wall. I've been to the one in Lewisville before to pick up the ornaments that you can paint yourself. Those are a holiday tradition as well

Kim

#24 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:50 PM

We go to the one in Plano...its somewhere north of Parker, I think

That's the one near my house...I'm in north north north Richardson...right near Collin Creek Mall. I've spent quite a bit of $ at that GR recently decorating my new home in Dallas.

I'll probably be at my parents' so we'll be visiting the one in Lewisville. Have a great time...we'll have to compare our purchases afterwards! ;)

#25 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:57 PM

Cookin' a big turkey! :welcome:
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#26 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:00 PM

Assuming weather cooperates, Donna, Walter, Marvel, and I will be diving on T-Day morning off Deerfield Beach with other friends. My daughter, Elizabeth will be bubble watching. She hasn't dived since 1999. Then in the afternoon, Donna, Elizabeth, and I will be having Thanksgiving with Donna's parents. Walter, Marvel (I assume Marvel is going), and crew will be at MB's (a very dear friend of ours that lives in Delray Beach) for Thanksgiving dinner.

It should be a very nice day.

Yep! Dinner at MB's after diving! How did I get so lucky? "Course, Walter may not make it- gonna sick MB on him on the dive... :welcome:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#27 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:14 PM

Unfortunately, no diving for me until Coz, but I'm sure we'll have a great Thanksgiving nonetheless. Being an intelligent man (yes there are a few out there :welcome: ) who ALWAYS compliments women on their cooking skills (sisters, friends, etc.), we have numerous invitations in Colorado and neighboring states, but the kids and I haven't quite decided which way to travel yet... I mean heck, we got a whole day left still...LOL! Traditionally we have always gone hunting on T-Day and this year will be no exception, just hope the weather cooperates.

As WW said, the best to all of you and yours during your travels on this special day and please be safe. We all have so much to be thankful for, let's truly take the time to count our many blessings.

Have an awesome Thanksgiving!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#28 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:43 PM

And on a perfectly unrelated side note (other than I noticed a few statements alluding to their talent here), I would like to mention that if fingrabber or ioconsult have any decorating tips for a single male who DOESN'T want his home to look like a bachelor lives in it, please feel free to speak up... any advice is always welcome! I got nothin' but :welcome: for you talented ladies!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#29 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:11 AM

And on a perfectly unrelated side note (other than I noticed a few statements alluding to their talent here), I would like to mention that if fingrabber or ioconsult have any decorating tips for a single male who DOESN'T want his home to look like a bachelor lives in it, please feel free to speak up... any advice is always welcome! I got nothin' but :welcome: for you talented ladies!

I'm sure Kim and I could arrange a private 'shopping' trip for ya! :usflag:

#30 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:07 AM

I'm sure Kim and I could arrange a private 'shopping' trip for ya! 

I am totally there! Your wisdom would be truly appreciated.

TheScubaCowboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users