• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What is everyone doing for Turkey Day?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 markglist

markglist

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:master scuba diver
  • Logged Dives:thousands

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:21 AM

im going over to one of my brothers for dinner, i have the important job of providing the cheese cake

#47 Oceanseleven

Oceanseleven

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Rescue Diver/DiveCon in Training
  • Logged Dives:243

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:12 AM

Well every year for the past three years I've gotten up at 1:00 am on Thanksgiving Day and boarded a bus to NYC. I've been a Circus Clown in the Macy's Day Parage for the last three years jogging the 2.2 miles through Manhattan and just when your exhausted and think you'll just walk the rest of the way to Macy's you reach Times Square and see how excited all the kids are and just feeling the energy and excitement that is Times Square during the Macy's Parage you'd swear you could fly to Macy's from there. Makeup running and sweating under your clown wig and all. It truly is a great rush. The best is that your in the front of the parade so when we're done we change into street clothes and go to an authentic Irish bar right at the end of the parade and drink Irish coffees while we watch the rest of the parade on TV. So by the time we get back on the bus for the ride home we're pretty lit. Usually we still make it back for Thanksgiving Dinner with the family. Sitting this one out though. This was a tradition with the ex and the invite for both of us comes to her place and we haven't talked in about 6 months. But I will go again this time with a large group of friends. It really is something you should try once in your lifetime.

Cheers to everyone and have a safe and happy holiday!!!!! :welcome: :lmao:

Attached Images

• Macy__s.jpg

"The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote that a flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no holes is a Danish."

#48 texasmermaid

texasmermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:158

Posted 25 November 2004 - 09:53 AM

The bird's almost done, so I'll be taking that over to my sister's house shortly. Yummy! markglist can you send some of that cheescake over? It's my worst vice. :) After lunch I'll jump on the last flight to Oakland, CA where I'll spend the rest of the weekend doing a system upgrade for a client. If I weren't working all day tomorrow, I'd crash GentDiver's shindig. :D

Neptuner - more decorating hints for you:
1) Just because it is available in black doesn't mean you should buy it in black or that it matches everything. There are other colors that are perfectly acceptable for a guy's place and don't say "girlie man".
2) If it looked good in your dorm room or first apartment, there's a 99% chance it doesn't belong in your current decorating scheme. :teeth:
3) If it sings or talks, it doesn't belong on a wall or sitting out all year long.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thank you to all serving in our armed forces to protect our freedoms. :cool2:
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped!

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:19 AM

Well every year for the past three years I've gotten up at 1:00 am on Thanksgiving Day and boarded a bus to NYC. I've been a Circus Clown in the Macy's Day Parage for the last three years jogging the 2.2 miles through Manhattan and just when your exhausted and think you'll just walk the rest of the way to Macy's you reach Times Square and see how excited all the kids are and just feeling the energy and excitement that is Times Square during the Macy's Parage you'd swear you could fly to Macy's from there. Makeup running and sweating under your clown wig and all. It truly is a great rush. The best is that your in the front of the parade so when we're done we change into street clothes and go to an authentic Irish bar right at the end of the parade and drink Irish coffees while we watch the rest of the parade on TV. So by the time we get back on the bus for the ride home we're pretty lit. Usually we still make it back for Thanksgiving Dinner with the family. Sitting this one out though. This was a tradition with the ex and the invite for both of us comes to her place and we haven't talked in about 6 months. But I will go again this time with a large group of friends. It really is something you should try once in your lifetime.

Cheers to everyone and have a safe and happy holiday!!!!! :cool2: :teeth:

WOW!! I think this wins the "most interesting or unusual Thanksgiving Award"!!! Even if you aren't doing it this year! Thanks for sharing and welcome to SD! We hope you'll find lots of friends here to hang out with! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:19 PM

Same thing I do on every other holiday, nothing!
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#51 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:59 PM

Linda,

You should join us, there's a group of us who dive every holiday. Come on down.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#52 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:58 PM

Walter,

Thanks for the invite but it is a very long drive. I am still trying to twist someone's arm for the last week of the year, but its not looking too good. Hope you had a great day.

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#53 scubatom

scubatom

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 25 November 2004 - 09:49 PM

I was all by myself :dltears: I went to garden Ridge. Put up my Christmas tree. Went Christmas shopping came home $600. DOLLARS LATER. OUCH! Went to Dukes for ribs and hot apple pie with ice cream. yum

#54 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:02 PM

I was all by myself :dltears: I went to garden Ridge. Put up my Christmas tree. Went Christmas shopping came home $600. DOLLARS LATER. OUCH! Went to Dukes for ribs and hot apple pie with ice cream. yum

Well, at least you were productive, right?? :dancing:
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#55 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:39 PM

Well, I couldn't dive for the holiday but I did take three 17 yr olds and went on up to Wolf Creek, Colorado to ski all day today. What a fantastic day! The snow was great, blue skies all day. We went up last night and got out early hit the slopes all day and then drove the four hours home...I am just a bit burned out .... Don't know if it was the drive home or trying to keep up with three 17yr old fairly accomplished skiers all day!!!!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:47 PM

Wish I had known...I always have people without a place to go for Turkey Day at my home! Next year I'll post it so anyone who wants to join me can! Its a tradition of sorts for me now...and yes...I'm actually a good cook so you'll have a good time! :dancing:

I'm glad everyone else seems to of had a good time! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#57 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 26 November 2004 - 12:14 AM

Nothin' feels better at Thanksgiving than to take someone under your wing..............and share one.
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#58 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

Linda, it is a long drive, but you're welcome to join us for any holiday. I'll likely be diving on Christmas and we always plan to bring in the New Year underwater. I hope you can come play with us, it's always fun.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#59 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 07:57 AM

Walter,

Thank you I will keep that in mind.

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#60 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:06 PM

Well, I couldn't dive for the holiday but I did take three 17 yr olds and went on up to Wolf Creek, Colorado to ski all day today. What a fantastic day! The snow was great, blue skies all day. We went up last night and got out early hit the slopes all day and then drove the four hours home...I am just a bit burned out .... Don't know if it was the drive home or trying to keep up with three 17yr old fairly accomplished skiers all day!!!!

Sweet! Mammoth's already got six feet of snow, with a new foot over the weekend. Even Aspen's open early. Looks like diving's going to have to share a little time for the next couple of months!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users